Stomach bug :(

Tricks26

Reaction score
I'm feeling awful I have picked up a stomach bug and I have diarrhoea pouring out (tmi sorry) and extra bouts of vomiting so many stomach pains !!!! So scared it's going to make me dehydrated and I'm worried for the baby :(

:cry:

Call your doctors. I had 1 when I was pregnant last time & they put me on fluids. I had 4+ ketones in my urine. A big sign of dehydration. Hope all is well x

I had a similar horrible bug at 10wks pregnant with DD1. Midwife described baby of that size as "a parasite" (charming eh!!) who will grab everything it needs from you, so despite you feeling bad, the tiny fetus will be fine. I also had severe food poisoning at 36wks with DD2. Both babies were fine.

Hope you feel better soon, get plenty of rest and try not to worry too much about your little bean (easier said than done, I know!) x

I am in the same boat! I feel like garbage. I'm going to call the midwife in the morning if I'm not better (will have been 48 hours).

With my last I had food poisoning once and a GI bug once, everything was fine. Just had to work hard to stay hydrated.

I'm just recovering from a bug which has gone on for ages! You have my utter sympathy. Went to GP who said as long as I stay hydrated then bubs will be fine. Had scan last week and baby was exactly on dates - clearly not affected at all. I did have a stool sample taken (yuk!) to rule out something bacterial but it was clear. Unfortunately it's just one of those things. Def worth going to the docs though -especially if you fear you might be becoming dehydrated. I hope you feel better soon.

I had norovirus in last pregnancy and am getting over a stomach bug now. I was definitely dehydrated as I couldn't even keep water down. Only peed once yesterday and it was mahogany coloured. As op said though baby will take what it needs first so I wouldn't worry about baby. I believe as op suggested 48 hours is normally when they'd want to see you. Luckily I seem to be able to drink easily today. I thought about going to the gp but my practice only see you if your old or have a limb falling off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->