Stomach cramps or contractions?

AMB1216

Ethan's mommy
Reaction score
So I've been getting BH pretty consistently- 2 weeks ago they told me to go from NST to L&D because they were 2-3 minutes apart and pretty uncomfortable. They checked my cervix and said I was about 20% effaced and about 1 cm dilated, monitored me for a while then gave me a shot to stop the contractions.

They told me to consider that my new "normal" and yesterday I was having BH all day long, like I feel like every time I touched my stomach it was solid. Some of them were pretty painful, maybe a 3-4 out of 10 and there was a lot of pressure in my hips along with back pain. The painful ones weren't timeable so I didn't want to go to L&D for it. (every time I go to L&D they make me feel stupid) I've also had a lot of BM's more than usual and they are not really diarrhea but just soft. This morning I woke up to go to the bathroom twice and BM'd both times (its been so much that I honestly don't want to go anymore because its hurting to wipe)

When I finally woke up for the day I noticed a cramp like feeling at the top of my bump, it didn't really feel like a contraction but it was really uncomfortable, like I had eaten something bad. I sat down and relaxed and it eased up- but whenever I get up to use the bathroom or to throw away trash it comes back, baby has been moving pretty good. He doesn't have a schedule so I never know when to expect him to be most active but I've felt him move so I'm not really worried at the moment about that. The pain makes me feel a little nauseous, and I can't tell if it makes my stomach hard because to me its been pretty hard all the time now.

I really don't want to go into L&D and sit there for 3 hours to have them send me home and treat me like I'm an idiot for coming in. But I also don't want to ignore it-if it could be real contractions. This just feels different than what I am used to being contractions. There is still some pressure down in my hips and my vagina has been a little achy-almost heavy feeling, but I haven't noticed any leaking or anything like that. I wish this was more obvious as to if its labor or if its just BH.

I'm sorry, I'm really no help. :/
I didn't want to read and run. I've had many of the same symptoms as you but I'm only 32 weeks (ish). The bh are constant, the swollen painful pressure in hips and vagina. The frequent bm all what on going through now. I had preterm contractions with ds#1 at 34 weeks that were stopped and he wad born naturally at 37 weeks.
I just wish there was a set "this is true labor" sign!! It so aggravating!!

You can get a lot pain from baby engaging which would explain the BM, heavy feeling, sore hips/back.

For me anyways, contractions are timeable even if irregular. Pain from contractions is not on top of my bump its all lower belly/under bump cramping band around me. Which causes thigh pains aswell.

Can always call someone for advice.

Thanks. The problem with pregnancy is everyone is different. I've googled a good bit and people say thats what their contractions feel like and others say no it was like an intense period cramp. I am getting both so who knows LOL

I do think I lost my Mucus plug last night, or at least some of it. Not completely sure if it was though, it looked like it. It was in the toilet when I looked and was kind of fleshy looking with red streaks but I didn't have any bleeding. Next time I went to the bathroom there were a few small chunks on the TP when I wiped but nothing since then. Its exciting and frustrating cause losing a Mucus plus doesn't really mean anything. D:

I've been getting waves of pains for past couple if days. Feels different to how I remembered contractions first time but they're often different so i do think they're contractions. They're not regular though and aside from loose bm not had any show etc (and I had very bloody show with dd so went in to be checked) so i don't think it's necessarily indication anything is Immenant. Just in case though i've nearly sorted hospital bag, gathered a bag together for dd incase she needs to be collected from school from somebody else and will get change bag sorted tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->