Stop Calling Me Huge!

Blondie79

Reaction score
Just wondering if I'm the only one feeling this way? I'm 30 weeks and midwife measures me at 31cm. I believe that's quite normal. Anyway, over the weekend I went to a wedding and lost count of the number of people who said "You're huge" or "You're ginormous". I actually love my bump but am now getting quite the complex! I'm panicking that I'm too big. People say such personal things to you when you're pregnant. "Look at your huge boobs" is a particular favourite of mine. Seriously?! People would never comment if I weren't pregnant. I've always had huge boobs actually! And my all time favourite "Oh, you've a couple of pregnancy zits, don't worry as they'll go" I hadn't even noticed them and couldn't care less as long as he's a healthy boy in my tummy!

Anyway, rant over. Just needed to get that out. Wonder what delights I should expect at this weekends wedding!?

I think you're right to ignore comments like that. I had the same at a BBQ at the weekend, right after two people said what a nice neat bump I had a guy asked if it was twins because I was so enormous. Luckily everyone ripped in to him about how rude it was to say something like that. As long as you're happy and baby is healthy that's all that matters.

I know that feeling hun. Try not to take it to heart some say to me wow your so big and the others say god your small wish they would make up there minds :dohh:silly people xxxxx

same here!! ppl are always commenting that i'm gonna have a huge baby....even my family...from very early on....i just get so mad now whenever anyone mentions the size of the baby....MIL mentioned something about it last night because my doc has ordered another ultrasound because i'm starting to measure a week ahead, but i have actually had a large belly throughout my pregnancy.....he's ordered the ultrasound out of curiosity to see if there's a lot of fluid or if its mostly baby or whatever...he hasn't been concerned about me having a "HUGE" baby....i shot her down instantly telling her exactly that....that the doctor wasn't concerned about the size of the baby and i'm only measuring a week ahead and he's wondering if the large belly is mostly baby or fluid....

its also at the point that when its not family talking about it and someone mentions "what a big baby i'll be having" i just walk away now....

i'm like you....i've really liked my bump with my pregnancy and its very discouraging when ppl say things like that.....
it does feel really good one that one in twenty actually says "you look great"....i love those ppl lol

Yup. I posted a similar thread last week. I feel your pain! I'm so tired of everyone telling me I'm huge. The occasional "Aww, you've popped, how cute!" is fine, but some people are just plain rude. One guy hollered at me across a store and told me "That baby must be ready to come any minute!" When I told him I actually still had a few months left he started to go on and on about how there's no way because I'm so HUGE and how my DOCTOR must've gotten it all wrong. REALLY?!?! I wanted to punch him in the face. Just shut your mouth! I got pregnant through IUI, there's really no way we got it wrong. What an idiot.

I'm just soooooo tired of people's comments about my weight/size. :dohh:

I've been lucky in that I haven't really had many comments, other than "wow you're so small/tiny!", but I'm so used to that with this being my 3rd. I don't tend to get that big anywhere, including my bump and I'm a thin person to start. It's all relative because I feel huge. The last 6ish weeks of every pregnancy I "puff" up due to fluid retention with my body preparing to deliver, but it goes a way within 24-48 hrs after birth. I don't mind the "small/tiny" comments, even about my bump because I know baby is healthy and I know people never usually mean anything by it. Plus, I know I don't tend to have big babies. Some of you have gotten really rude and inappropriate comments though, which just shocks me.

Don't be afraid to put people in their place!!

i actually just had my doctor's appointment this morning...the doc i normally see is on vacation this week so i saw someone else today and she's measuring me at 43cm and i'll be 39 weeks on friday....my normal doc has only measured me a cm ahead over the last couple weeks...so i was expecting to measure 40cm today....
i have decided not to tell mother and MIL that i'm now measuring 43cm because i'm tired of the "big baby" and "c-section" comments and conversations from them!! even my dad has started asking me if they should just pack their bags and come down because there's no way the doctors will let me go much longer and that a c-section will be scheduled anytime now!! i've been hearing this for the entire pregnancy as i mentioned before and it just makes me so mad now!! therefore the only info they get after doc appointments is "yup everything's fine and still the same"

(ps. and i am going in for an ultrasound tomorrow afternoon...just not for size of baby...just to check position and fluid which is what the doctor is concerned about most...they think my size is just because of my body type and maybe a long baby rather than large....)

i actually just had my doctor's appointment this morning...the doc i normally see is on vacation this week so i saw someone else today and she's measuring me at 43cm and i'll be 39 weeks on friday....my normal doc has only measured me a cm ahead over the last couple weeks...so i was expecting to measure 40cm today....
i have decided not to tell mother and MIL that i'm now measuring 43cm because i'm tired of the "big baby" and "c-section" comments and conversations from them!! even my dad has started asking me if they should just pack their bags and come down because there's no way the doctors will let me go much longer and that a c-section will be scheduled anytime now!! i've been hearing this for the entire pregnancy as i mentioned before and it just makes me so mad now!! therefore the only info they get after doc appointments is "yup everything's fine and still the same"

(ps. and i am going in for an ultrasound tomorrow afternoon...just not for size of baby...just to check position and fluid which is what the doctor is concerned about most...they think my size is just because of my body type and maybe a long baby rather than large....)

My friend went to hospital for a scan as thought it was a long baby. They measured and he was normal size. She was really constipated at the time so the doctors said that was why she measured further along suddenly. I'm definitely having a day of fibre before my next midwife appointment!

I agree with you, no need to tell anyone. I have just been saying that I'm on track. It's no-ones business. I'm 9.5 weeks away from due date but have started telling people 6 weeks to shut them up!

Hope the scan goes well as I'm sure it will. Not long for you now!

I have the opposite situation. Sunday was my baby shower and nearly everyone when they asked when my exact due date was went, you are not that far along. You don't look big enough. I'm too small for where I need to be. Well I take pride in it. The doctor says I'm measuring where I need to be and from what he can tell everything I gained is just about all baby. (Yay!) I just smile and say well doctor says I'm measuring where I need to be at 32 weeks and that's all good for me. And they left it at that.

Honestly I was expecting the reaction of me being 'big' or something ever since I did get pregnant. Just for the fact I'm overweight. (started at 216 lbs and currently at 228 lbs). My entire life I learned to hide my tummy and well it isn't easy when you're pregnant and with the maternity clothes they have! I just know the colors that look well on me and what had already made me seem skinnier than what I really am. I wonder if that played a part or not. Either way, I'm happy, doctor is happy, all that matters to me.

My SIL and MIL said that to me, apparently my belly is huge! They think I will have a very big baby. Somehow me and hubby thinks he's going to be an average size. I can't wait to prove them wrong! Doctor said I'm measuring on time too and doesn't think he's big.

I'm sooo sick of the comments too!! :growlmad: There is a girl I work with who makes a comment ALMOST EVERY SINGLE DAY about my stomach...It's only Wednesday and she's made 3 comments already this week....Today's was, "Wow, you're really sticking out now, you're gonna be HUGE" What is the matter with people??!

For some reason, everyone is looking at my feet instead of my belly. People see my swollen feet/ankles and starts freaking out about it, acting like I'm going to go into pre-term labor right in front of them.:growlmad:

How do people not realize that swelling is pretty common during pregnancy?

For me it is the other way around, everyone says I have a nice smallish bump, but I feel huge inside and out. I honestly cannot imagine how it can get bigger in the next 6 weeks, I barely can manage the heavy feeling as it is now :(

I have lost weight, and am smaller then I was in my previous pregnancy, yet yesterday I had loads of people look at me in shock, stating loudly oh my have you got 2 in there or are you sure you only have one in there!
Considering I am measuring small I was quite hurt by some of the comments, but couldn't think of any comes back and just said yes only one thank you!!
Some people really don't think before they open their mouths!

I have the opposite. Everyone says "you look tiny!" And makes me so nervous my baby isn't gonna be big enough. Yesterday a coworker said "you look huge!" And totally made my day! Haha

Sounds like everyone's getting some type of size comment...I don't understand why people don't stop and think, "hmmm...maybe I shouldn't make comments about someone else's size (small or big)"....I would never make a comment like that to someone.

I am really small right now, barely even showing, but if someone makes a rude comment about how "huge" I am, I have no reserves in calling them a fatass right then and there. Pregnancy has made me mean. Who says pregnancy gives everyone the right to comment on you or your life?

Wow! I feel so much better reading all of these stories. I did get asked if I was having twins today, I bit my tongue as they caught me on a good day but heaven help the next person who comments when I'm having a severely hormonal day!

I promise to never comment on a pregnant woman's figure. I shall just say that they look beautiful.

Exactly Blondie! Why can't people just say something positive and not size related...

Girlnboots...You're right! It seems like pregnancy makes people feel like they have a right to make comments about your size or what you're eating/drinking, to touch your stomach, to ask personal questions, etc., etc., etc.

Everyone says it to me, i usually respond with "...yeh..."

But I want to say "OMG so do you! Wen are you due?! Oh your not pregnant? Whoops"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->