Stopped BCP & TTC! Whos with me?!

Offbcafter7yr

Reaction score
Lets stick together til we all get BFP's! Its hard coming off BCP & not knowing when af will come or when or if you even ovulated. Ive read horror stories about some who dont o for months, even up to a year! I keep hoping i will be one of those lucky ones who regulate soon after but i can only hope!!

Id like a few people who are stopping bc to join me :) keep us updated & share experiences! Hopefully with this we don't only help each other but the future mom's who come here will see this and know what to expect when coming off bc. If youd like to be added please tell us your age & how long youve been ttc & how long you were on bc & any experiences you've had so far and i will add it to this post. Feel free to share anythihg else too!

Group:

Offbcafter7yr
age- 25
on BCP for about 7 years
Currently ttc month 1

Flueky88
27 y.o
BCP for 10 years
2nd cycle ttc

Lets stick together til we all get BFP's! Its hard coming off BCP & not knowing when af will come or when or if you even ovulated. Ive read horror stories about some who dont o for months, even up to a year! I keep hoping i will be one of those lucky ones who regulate soon after but i can only hope!!

Id like a few people who are stopping bc to join me :) keep us updated & share experiences! Hopefully with this we don't only help each other but the future mom's who come here will see this and know what to expect when coming off bc. If youd like to be added please tell us your age & how long youve been ttc & how long you were on bc & any experiences you've had so far and i will add it to this post. Feel free to share anythihg else too!

Group:

Offbcafter7yr
age- 25
on BCP for about 7 years
Currently ttc month 1

Flueky88
27 y.o
BCP for 10 years
2nd cycle ttc

I hope you are blessed and ovulate no problem and get a bfp soon. I tried clear blue advanced digital opks this cycle since my first was 36 days. I had empty circle x1 day then that stupid flashing smiley x9 days. I do not feel confident that I will ovulate this month and have resigned to wait for AF and try again next cycle. Fingers crossed for you though, hun!

@flueky88
thanks. Im getting cramps now, like af will be here any day. If i count from my withdrawal af its not due til the 28th.. but if i count from my last active pill todays day 31.. i think im out this month :(

Hi Offbcafter7yr! It sounds like your body is adjusting well to being off the pill - I just went off bc after 6 years at the beginning of March. I'm 26, and my hubby and I wanted to start trying for our first. I had always had regular periods my whole life, and I was afraid that going off the pill would throw me off. I had withdrawal bleeding for a couple days after stopping, and then I got my next period about four weeks after, at the beginning of April. Since then, I've been regular, but I don't think I ovulated until this month (of course, I didn't actually track April or May). I had some spotting and cramps right around when my fertile time was supposed to be, and some double pink lines on the ov test sticks. Next cycle, I'll be trying the digital tests, as people seem to find those easier to read.

This month was my first month actually tracking ovulation (seriously trying), but AF is due in about eight days and I don't feel pregnant lol. Good luck and baby dust!

Hey ladies! I love this thread and wanted to give you some awesome hope.

I was on bc for about 5 years or so. I had all these same fears. I was terrified what my body would do.
My last af on bc started April 12th. After that week, a couple days later I had another 5 days of heavy withdrawl bleeding.
And then I got my bfp on may 19th :)
I'm not sure when I ovulated or anything because it was the first cycle off bc.
But it's definitely do able and I'm sure all you ladies will get your own bfp very soon!

Best of luck ttc and have fun!!

Hi Offbcafter7yr! It sounds like your body is adjusting well to being off the pill - I just went off bc after 6 years at the beginning of March. I'm 26, and my hubby and I wanted to start trying for our first. I had always had regular periods my whole life, and I was afraid that going off the pill would throw me off. I had withdrawal bleeding for a couple days after stopping, and then I got my next period about four weeks after, at the beginning of April. Since then, I've been regular, but I don't think I ovulated until this month (of course, I didn't actually track April or May). I had some spotting and cramps right around when my fertile time was supposed to be, and some double pink lines on the ov test sticks. Next cycle, I'll be trying the digital tests, as people seem to find those easier to read.

This month was my first month actually tracking ovulation (seriously trying), but AF is due in about eight days and I don't feel pregnant lol. Good luck and baby dust!

Good luck to you too!!! I swear i thought i o'ed. I had cramps for 3 days. But idk now cuz if i did o idk how i missed it. We bd'ed 5 out of the 7 days! :/ makes me worry that im not o'ing. I feel like my period should start any moment now :(

Sounds like you covered all your bases if you did ovulate during that time. Will you start tracking ovulation with the tests or have you been doing that already?

I hope you get your bfp, offbcpafter 7 years! If not, I hope you get AF so you can get started again

Mininun1- I used the clear blue advanced digital ovulation tests. I don't really recommend them. If you can maybe get the basic. I had 9 days of flashing smiley, never got my peak,LH surge. Another member also got her 9th flashing smiley today. So yeah, get the basic which is empty circle or solid smiley.

Sounds like you covered all your bases if you did ovulate during that time. Will you start tracking ovulation with the tests or have you been doing that already?

I havent started tracking anything I was hoping i wouldnt have to. Would you recommend temping or the o sticks? Ive never done either

I was on bc for about 5 years or so. I had all these same fears. I was terrified what my body would do.
My last af on bc started April 12th. After that week, a couple days later I had another 5 days of heavy withdrawl bleeding.
But it's definitely do able and I'm sure all you ladies will get your own bfp very soon!

Wow thats amazing!! Did you test before may 19 & get any bfn?? So you had an af twice within like 2 weeks?

Flueky88 I'll definitely try those, I didn't even know there was a difference between the flashy smilies or the solid smilie ones! Lord knows the ovulation pee stick tests with the pink lines are certainly confusing enough to me.

And Offbc, I haven't started temping, though I see a lot of people on here that do. I think I'll probably just try a few more months of tracking ovulation through the tests and see what happens there. I think for me, at this point, temping would bring my stress to a whole new level lol. Maybe try the ovulation tests? I started testing about a week and a few days after AF, until I got some faintly positive ov tests.

Wow thats amazing!! Did you test before may 19 & get any bfn?? So you had an af twice within like 2 weeks?

Yup I tested quite a bit actually and all of them were stark white! Nothing on em at all. And on may 19th it was faint but very noticeable. May 20th I used a frer and digital and got a dark line and 1-2!

Yeah I got my regular af, then about 5 days later got withdrawl bleeding. Not sure for other woman but mine was super heavy and lasted 5 days. So it definitely felt like 2 af! Aha

That's encouraging to hear Amanda! I'm really hoping for a BFP in the next couple months! And congratulations on your little one - are you hoping for a boy or girl?

Today im having cramps alllllll day. I swore my af was coming any second but it still hasnt. Tmi but i even smell like i started & im having some discharge. Idk whats going on but no blood at all.

Dh and I are hoping for a girl!!

But will be happy with any little joy we get ♡

Good luck and baby dust to you all!

Today im having cramps alllllll day. I swore my af was coming any second but it still hasnt. Tmi but i even smell like i started & im having some discharge. Idk whats going on but no blood at all.

You should be due to start around the 28th, right? So yeah that's early for bad cramping and discharge, but it's still early enough after stopping bc to be experiencing that sort of thing I think. For the first month after I stopped I pretty much cramped all the time.

You should be due to start around the 28th, right? So yeah that's early for bad cramping and discharge, but it's still early enough after stopping bc to be experiencing that sort of thing I think. For the first month after I stopped I pretty much cramped all the time.

Im not entirely sure when im due. My last active pill was on the 23rd of may. Then i had the af week which are just sugar pills. If i count from the 23rd todays day 27. But if count from the day i actually started af todays only day 24. I could be starting af idk. I had these weird cramps for 3 days starting june 4th. Im guessing i ovulated? Not sure though

Offbcafter7, I'm no expert but it sounds like everything is pretty much on track - and that you should start any day. I know that some doctors say that you can ovulate right after bc, and that is the case for some people, but from what I've heard (and according to a few of my friends), it's very common to not ovulate for a couple cycles, just until you settle into a regular routine again. I don't think I ovulated until cycle 3 after stopping bc. But I didn't track it so I can't be 100% sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->