Stopped BCP & TTC! Whos with me?!

Still here, just waiting on my body to get back to normal after a miscarriage so we can try for our rainbow baby! Glad to see you ladies are doing well. Hope it all works out for you Flueky, I can imagine going back to work would be so hard!

Gag- how are you and your LO?

Flukey- wow already? Going PRN would be awesome. You and your little one are gorgeous! She looks so big!! How's everything going with her?

Amber- so sorry about your MC :-( sending you hugs and crossed fingers!!

Afm my LO is 13 months now 😮I can't believe it. He's walking and learning sooo much now. He's got his own personality and likes/dislikes it's amazing. I got a new job and am doing 3 12 hour shifts which I like. I'm hoping to cut down to part time next year, I hope I can!

Amber I'm so sorry about your miscarriage. I hope you get your rainbow baby soon :hugs:

Aj, yeah time flies doesn't it. Yes she seems really tall and weighs over 13lbs now. She's a really good eater and sleeper. Only waking up for 1 night fees for many weeks now.

It's so cool he's got his own personality. Oh and walking, I can't wait!! I may have a change of heart later lol. Glad you like your new job and I hope you can go part time too!!

I have a question if anyone has insight?
I stopped my bc pack mid cycle!!!! I know it’s bad now but didn’t then. Has anyone else done this? How long until you got your BFP??

Hi momma2be17. I stopped when I finished my pack. It took me 6 months to get regularish cycles back that got even more regular as time went on. I conceived 18 months after stopping the pill and have a beautiful 5.5 month old girl. I know some ladies journey was shorter though. Good luck. Also, I think there's a new off bcp forum. We are a bit of dead thread.

Lets stick together til we all get BFP's! Its hard coming off BCP & not knowing when af will come or when or if you even ovulated. Ive read horror stories about some who dont o for months, even up to a year! I keep hoping i will be one of those lucky ones who regulate soon after but i can only hope!!

Id like a few people who are stopping bc to join me :) keep us updated & share experiences! Hopefully with this we don't only help each other but the future mom's who come here will see this and know what to expect when coming off bc. If youd like to be added please tell us your age & how long youve been ttc & how long you were on bc & any experiences you've had so far and i will add it to this post. Feel free to share anythihg else too!

Group:

Offbcafter7yr
age- 25
on BCP for about 7 years
Currently ttc month 1

Flueky88
27 y.o
BCP for 10 years
2nd cycle ttc
Hello, All!

I am new on here and have been following multiple forums looking for potential answers, and women in similar situations. I stopped my birthcontrol(Nuvaring) from being on it for 11Years, last month. I am 5 days late for my period. The past three weeks, I have been having what seem like “pregnancy symptoms”. Sore nipples(darker veins) as well as as they seem fuller, fatigue, frequent urination, as of now, a watery, milky CM. And today, I was crampy, and it felt as thought my period was going to start(felt wet down there) went to the bathroom and it was more CM. Took a pregnancy test this morning, and it was negative. I am assuming most of these symptoms might be my body trying to get back on track with a normal menstrual cycle...but is it possible that I may really be pregnant? Don’t want to get my hopes up, but I’ve never felt this way before OR missed a period.

Mirra is this your first cycle after birth control? If you didn't temp or do opks to pinpoint ovulation you may just ovulate later. My 2nd cycle after bcp was 2.5 months long and I was most definitely not pregnant. I would give your body some time to regulate. Some women it takes awhile and others hardly any time. An I got my bfp it was 2 days before AF was due and I probably would have gotten bfp a day or two before that. Now you could have Od later and you could be pregnant just not showing because you aren't late. Good luck

Hi, Flueky!

Yes, this will be my first cycle since being off of birthcontrol. So I wasn’t quite sure what to expect. I’ve heard it could take some time to get my periods back on track, but ive read that other women that have come off the Nuvaring as well, stated that their cycles were back to normal right away. But, I understand that everyone is different and everybody’s body is different, so I think this is having to do with me being off my birth control. Tomorrow I will be a week ‘late’. But I was going off of what my menstrual cycle was like when I was on the NuvaRing. So that might not be accurate at all at this point. I did want to make an appointment to go see a Doctor this week just to make sure it’s my birthcontrol that is making my period late and not pregnancy. it’s just insane how many symptoms I’ve been having that resemble pregnancy symptoms. But again, that probably doesn’t mean much right now. I just really would like to have my menstrual cycle, so that We can restart the trying process for next month! Not to mention I’ve taken 3 pregnancy tests and they were all negative. Was going to take another one Tuesday, just to see...but I have a feeling that will be negative as well.

Mirra yes I tried my best not to symptom spot because early pregnancy symptoms and pre AF symptoms are about the same. I don't get back pain before AF but I did with bfp. So as symptoms go, I find stuff out of ordinary are more reliable in early days. I was 6 weeks before nausea kicked in. But like I said you could O later and still be pregnant or become very soon.

A lot of ladies recommended bbt to get in tune with my cycle post bcp. I resisted for a long time claiming I didn't want to get that into ttc, but honestly if gave me insight and confirmation on O. So something to think about.

I would but some wondfos or another IC brand and test once or twice a week until AF arrives or bfp. It can save your wallet during limbo :)

Some Drs like to wait until so many days with no period before prescribing something to restart AF. I think mine was prometrium x10 days then AF came 3 days after stopping it. My cycles came back to my normal after that. I'd had an anovulatory cycle from severe stress at work is why I took the medication.

I do wish you the best of luck though and hope your ttc journey is short. I hope my journey to #2 is shorter but I won't start until may next year at earliest. Im happy to answer or at least try to answer any questions you may have. This site and ladies on it have helped me so I like to pay it forward.

Mirra yes I tried my best not to symptom spot because early pregnancy symptoms and pre AF symptoms are about the same. I don't get back pain before AF but I did with bfp. So as symptoms go, I find stuff out of ordinary are more reliable in early days. I was 6 weeks before nausea kicked in. But like I said you could O later and still be pregnant or become very soon.

A lot of ladies recommended bbt to get in tune with my cycle post bcp. I resisted for a long time claiming I didn't want to get that into ttc, but honestly if gave me insight and confirmation on O. So something to think about.

I would but some wondfos or another IC brand and test once or twice a week until AF arrives or bfp. It can save your wallet during limbo :)

Some Drs like to wait until so many days with no period before prescribing something to restart AF. I think mine was prometrium x10 days then AF came 3 days after stopping it. My cycles came back to my normal after that. I'd had an anovulatory cycle from severe stress at work is why I took the medication.

I do wish you the best of luck though and hope your ttc journey is short. I hope my journey to #2 is shorter but I won't start until may next year at earliest. Im happy to answer or at least try to answer any questions you may have. This site and ladies on it have helped me so I like to pay it forward.

Thank you so much for responding! You’ve been super helpful and I completely understand that this is all probably due to me just getting off birthcontrol, and my body is still getting used to being with out the hormones. My sister-in-law is a nurse and said to wait at least another week before seeing a doctor, just Incase I did ovulate later than I thought! Even though I felt like I ovulated when my Ovia App and Flo App said it would. The day I thought I ovulated, my CM was a glob of sticky/stretchy discharge(sorry TMI). And if freaked me out because I NEVER had that before!

For the past week or so, I have been having a watery egg white CM. But today it’s a little sticky. I just i when I would know if I Ovulated later than I thought or not. I took another pregnancy test this morning a Clear Blue digital, and it was Negative. I’m having less symptoms than I was last week. I’m not sure what this could mean, if it means anything. But thanks for your advice on potentially getting a medication to jumpstart my period!:thumbup:

Murray you're welcome. I will say true fertile cm shouldn't be sticky. Stretchy yes but not sticky. About a week before I O I get more cm it starts out sticky and somewhat stretchy to clear, super stretchy, and slippery. Oh and I don't think there is TMI on a ttc forum :rofl:

As far as decreased symptoms, maybe progesterone is going back down and AF will start? Progesterone stays elevated while pregnant. Then hcg builds enough to cause symptoms. I think MS kicked in around 6 weeks for me. In any case I hope you get your answer soon.

Just wondering if anyone was still around, had any updates, etc?

Hope you all are wel

Love that you are resurrecting this thread, Flueky. How are you feeling? So thrilled for you that you're expecting again.

As for me, DH and I started TTC baby number two at the end of August. Our son will be 2 at the end of January. I was a bit shocked to get a BFP very quickly on September 11. Sadly the pregnancy ended in a miscarriage. At our first appointment (8 weeks) baby was measuring at only 6+ weeks and the heartbeat was very faint. I went back for a followup ultrasound the following week and there was no heartbeat. I had a D&C on October 16. It was a lot to process but I'm trying to keep in perspective who easy our journey has been compared to so many others. The loss was chromosomal and nothing we could have done differently.

I ovulated a few days ago and now am waiting for AF so we can start trying again. Fingers crossed for a sticky bean this time.

Flueky- great to hear from you! Hope all is going well with your pregnancy!

Faye- so sorry about your miscarriage. That is so heartbreaking to go through. Hoping for another BFP soon!

My sweet little boy is 2.5 months old now! He was born a little over 2 years after starting TTC.

Faye I'm so sorry for your loss :hugs: here's to a rainbow baby in your near future!

I'm feeling alright. Getting really close to 3rd tri! This pregnancy has gone by so fast. I suppose when you have a LO to look after it does. I have my glucose tes Monday so hoping that goes well.

Amber, thank you! All is going well so far :)

I remember reading and commenting on your journal when he arrived. I'll have to watch your parenting journal :) hope you are both doing well.

Flueky, I can't even imagine chasing after a toddler while pregnant! Much different from your first pregnancy. But glad you're feeling alright.

Amber, congrats on your little boy! Hope you're getting some sleep! :sleep:

As for me, AF came only like 6 days after I thought I'd ovulated. Definitely a wonky cycle post MC. But AF is nearly gone. Nervous for this upcoming cycle.

Faye thank you! It definitely is more tiring, but she's such a good girl. It could always be worse.

I hate wonky cycles. I hope you get a beautiful bfp for Christmas!!! How wonderful would that be :)

Faye thank you! It definitely is more tiring, but she's such a good girl. It could always be worse.

I hate wonky cycles. I hope you get a beautiful bfp for Christmas!!! How wonderful would that be :)

I'd be thrilled to get a BFP again so soon. We shall see. DH and I were just away in California for a few days celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary. I meant to start temping again this AM but with the time change and all the travel yesterday I woke up so disoriented and completely forgot. Need to start tomorrow! I literally have no sense of how long this cycle will be so not sure when to start with OPKs and such. Oh well... at least AF came!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->