Stopped BCP & TTC! Whos with me?!

I didn't track but I don't think I ovulated my first cycle. Since I never got a positive yet for opk and I'm cycle day 21, I'm chalking it up to another anovulatory cycle. This isn't everyone though and you are younger than me and less years on bcp. In the words of my coworker, "you can always have fun trying". It made me laugh this morning and was exactly what I needed :)

See I've heard such mixed things.

Some women don't ovulate properly for months and I've also read that the first month of bc you're most fertile!

Mixed messages are so confusing!

But flueky88 you got it right, just have fun trying ;) aha

Day 28 since my last pill. Idk what is going on. Im convinced im dying lol. Not really but this sucks... i really thought af was coming yesterday but not even a trace of her. Ive been super thirsty. I keep peeing which is weird but maybe its cuz i keep drinking water. Sometimes i pee & 10 min later i have to go again which is weird... i have cramps this morning but theyre some how different than yesterdays. Im not having much discharge like yesterday. I feel super bloated like my bellys just hanging out. It feels rather warm and grumbly in my tummy. Pressure on my waist. I wasted all my good tests earlier this month. Took a dollar test bfn. I feel like getting those 6 days sooner ones but idk. Idk when af is suppose to even come! Back and thighs are sore. Ive never had so much cramps before. What is going on

Af just came. 28 days exactly from my last pill. First af on my own! Now should i get o tests. Hmmm

Af just came. 28 days exactly from my last pill. First af on my own! Now should i get o tests. Hmmm

Sorry its not a bfp, but I'm glad you didn't have to wait longer for AF, the wait can be dreadful and mine wasn't even as bad as others. I did, I never got a positive on mine and after 9 days of flashing smiley I decided to throw in the towel. Maybe get some cheapie tests. Temping seems too frustrating to me. Good luck on cycle 2! I think I'll just continue to BD about every other day and test on day 37 if AF hasn't arrived.

It's a good thing that AF arrived, Offbcafter7, that hopefully means your body is really starting to regulate. Mine is due to arrive in about five days, and though I don't feel pregnant at all, I know I will be disappointed when it does arrive. Let's hope that July is a great month for babymaking! Definitely try the ov kits, and let me know which type you decide to try.

Hi,

This is the group for me! I came on here as I am stressing about my situation.

Andi05
27 y.o
BCP for 10 years
2nd cycle ttc

I stopped the pill, then had my withdrawal period, which was normal. I then got my 1st period (on a 30 day cycle). I am now in my 2nd month TTC, and have been actively having sex with my husband.

I am now 10 days late for AF (based on a 30-day cycle). I did a PT 2 days ago, and it was BFN. I do not feel like I am pregnant, nor do I feel like AF is on her way. I just feel normal.

I called my dr and she said I can come in for a blood test to see if I am pregnant. I don't know to do - I am struggling whether this is normal for going off BCP and this is my body trying to regulate itself OR whether something more serious is going on like a cyst on my ovary.
Please help! Anyone else experiencing this?

Hi,

Andi05
27 y.o
BCP for 10 years
2nd cycle ttc

I stopped the pill, then had my withdrawal period, which was normal. I then got my 1st period (on a 30 day cycle). I am now in my 2nd month TTC, and have been actively having sex with my husband.

I am now 10 days late for AF (based on a 30-day cycle). I did a PT 2 days ago, and it was BFN. I do not feel like I am pregnant, nor do I feel like AF is on her way. I just feel normal.

I called my dr and she said I can come in for a blood test to see if I am pregnant. I don't know to do - I am struggling whether this is normal for going off BCP and this is my body trying to regulate itself OR whether something more serious is going on like a cyst on my ovary.

My first cycle off pill I experienced that. It was day 28 and I didn't feel like I was pregnant or AF came. Told DH I felt like a prepubescent girl. It ended up being a 36 day cycle. Really I don't think I ovulated that cycle. I'm on 2nd cycle right now, day 24. I don't feel anything so far. It can take 2-3 months for body to recover and start ovulating. Btw, I'm also 27 and bcp for 10 years. Good luck, hope you get your answer soon!

Hi,

Andi05
27 y.o
BCP for 10 years
2nd cycle ttc

Hi Andi! This to me really sound like your body still trying to regulate itself after going off bcp. I don't think I actually ovulated until my third month off bc, based on the spotting and cramps, even though I didn't actually track it. That probably isn't much help...but I was on bc for six years, and I know your body can do some crazy things after stopping it! Good luck!

Hi all, please can I join you? I’m 38 and came off my BCP on Tuesday. I have been on the mini pill for about 3 years and have had no periods in that time. I really hope they come back quickly. Myself and my partner will be TTC #1 and I’m so excited.

Hi all, please can I join you? I’m 38 and came off my BCP on Tuesday. I have been on the mini pill for about 3 years and have had no periods in that time. I really hope they come back quickly. Myself and my partner will be TTC #1 and I’m so excited.

Welcome Liz! Wow, no periods at all in 3 years? Was that common for you before you were on birth control? Oh and good luck and baby dust to you - TTC can be stressful but this is definitely the right forum to discuss things!

This is such a great idea! I went off BC a little over a month ago. I just got over my first AF after my withdrawal bleed. My first AF came exactly 28 days after the withdrawal bleed. So (fingers crossed) I might ovulate this month. I would love to join this group.

svaughn8814
age- 21
on BCP for 1 year
Currently ttc month 2

Welcome Liz! Wow, no periods at all in 3 years? Was that common for you before you were on birth control? Oh and good luck and baby dust to you - TTC can be stressful but this is definitely the right forum to discuss things!

Yeah, before the pill I was having regular 31 day cycles. I hear af should come back quickly after the mini pill so fx.

Yeah, before the pill I was having regular 31 day cycles. I hear af should come back quickly after the mini pill so fx.

Yes it should - when I went off the pill at the beginning of March, I got my withdrawal bleeding about five days later, then about four weeks later my regular cycle. I think my cycles have finally regulated at this point, hopefully yours adjusts quickly!

Hey ladies!

Awesome to find a group with so many of us in the same stage of ttc. I've been on bcp for over 14 years and just took my last one this past Monday. So dealing with af right now. A few years ago I was off bcp for a few months due to a lack of doctor to write a script and I had the most irregular cycles. Well no cycle really. Didn't get af the whole three months I was off bcp. So I'm gearing up to have issues again.

I already started temping and will most likely start opk once my second cycle starts.

Baby dust to us all :)

PinkPandy
29 y.o.
14 years on bcp
Ttc cycle 1

Hey ladies!

Awesome to find a group with so many of us in the same stage of ttc. I've been on bcp for over 14 years and just took my last one this past Monday. So dealing with af right now. A few years ago I was off bcp for a few months due to a lack of doctor to write a script and I had the most irregular cycles. Well no cycle really. Didn't get af the whole three months I was off bcp. So I'm gearing up to have issues again.

I already started temping and will most likely start opk once my second cycle starts.

Baby dust to us all :)

PinkPandy
29 y.o.
14 years on bcp
Ttc cycle 1

Hi pinkpandy. Temping sounds like a good plan. I think I will temp next cycle. I hope your body doesn't take long to regulate.

Hi! Can I join you guys? I'm 24 years old just got off BC at the beginning of the month after being on it for a long time, we are trying for our 1st. I'm trying to chart but am going crazy with mixed signals my body is giving me! I'm on day 21 but it feels like I've waiting ages 😫

Hello Ladies! Would love to join you! I'm 30 and so is my husband. Took my last pill on 06/05 after almost 13 years. Got my withdrawal bleed on 06/07 and it lasted about 4 days. I've been cramping most of the month and expecting AF on 07/05 if my cycle is 28 days. My first OBGYN appointment will be on 07/15 to make sure everything is good, fingers crossed. I've been struggling with constipation for the last several weeks to the point where I got hemorrhoids (sorry if TMI) on Saturday. Bloated and gassy for the last several days. Guess it's all a part of my body trying to get back into the swing of things. Good luck to everyone and hopefully the wait won't be too long!

Welcome to angel and Mrs. MB! Going off bc is so wacky, and different for everybody but hopefully we all get bfps soon!

Thank you mininun! It indeed is wack... So many years trying not to get pregnant and now freaking out... I had a surgery on my right ovary when I was 14 so who knows if it's even functioning... Had a painful sensation in that one during sex on 6/27 (only in one position). I'm so bad at waiting...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->