Stopping the pill - chances of conceiving quickly

Thought I'd update you....my cycles have continued to be so irratic since I stopped the pill last august. So much so that last month I had a load of bloods taken and was found to have a borderline low thyroid and a slightly elevated FSH level of 11. I am due to have a pelvic ultrasound in a week as she wants to check for PCOS etc.

As my cycles are so long and irregular I have got used to never knowing when to expect AF. Over the months I did the odd PG test and it was always negative. Until today!! I just went into a supermarket and bought one without much thought. Came home and did it, totally expecting the usual -ve...and there was the cross. In fact I picked it up ready to throw in the bin!! I am so shocked and am convinced I have misinterpreted it. We only did the "deed" once in the last month and I had no idea when ovulation was as my cycles are so irregular!! I don;t think it's real, I will wake up tomorrow.....

No symptoms though, except I woke up last night with stomach cramp and feeling sick. Felt slightly sick today. No other symptoms which is why I don't believe it.:wacko: Yikes!

Congrats, hope it's your BFP! :D

wow, any news?! I hope it was a BFP for you too! I'm in my 2nd cycle off the pill (after 11 yrs) and am really worried i'm screwed up too

I've done 3 tests now and stilll BFP! It must only be 4-5 weeks - I wouldn't know when I ovulated/conceived due to menstrual irregularities, so I am just full of worries. I know there is nothing I can do if something is going to go wrong, but it is so hard. It really is a miracle for me,as my husband is only home at weekends at the moment, and it was just once that month!

As I don't really have many symptoms apart from a few cramps and minutely sore boobs (hardly at all). I still don't think it can be happening.

I will keep you posted................xx

wow this is great news.. keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you xx

i took one month off the pill and got pregnant literally days after i took my last pill so yeah it can be done. x

oo sorry didnt read the whole thread. congrats! :) i only dtd once aswell lol x

Hi,
I went for a scan today - I was lucky as I had already been booked for one by my dr. to check if I had PCOS or any other problems. So I turned up anyway and then mentiond the pregnancy!

As I am only about 5 and a bit weeks, there wasn't much to see, just the emryotic sac with a tiny blob that she said was the beginnings of the yolk sac. It was so weird! At least I know it's not ectopic.....just can't stop worrying about whether it will develop properly and if I will miscarry :-(

How does anyone cope with the first trimester - it is like Russian Roulette wondering if it will work out.

Hi,
I went for a scan today - I was lucky as I had already been booked for one by my dr. to check if I had PCOS or any other problems. So I turned up anyway and then mentiond the pregnancy!

As I am only about 5 and a bit weeks, there wasn't much to see, just the emryotic sac with a tiny blob that she said was the beginnings of the yolk sac. It was so weird! At least I know it's not ectopic.....just can't stop worrying about whether it will develop properly and if I will miscarry :-(

How does anyone cope with the first trimester - it is like Russian Roulette wondering if it will work out.

Just stay relaxed and look after your body. That's all you can do! Wishing you a H&H 9 months :happydance:

Well i am a year and a half off the pill and no pregnancy for me yet. We are not actively trying tho. I didnt have regular periods for about a year. Like 78 days ish cycles. Ridiculous. However my last one was a very respectable 32 so i am hopeful.

So it may take a while! Xx

I've been off the pill for a year now - AF just got me grrr!

I don't think i've ovulated every month but don't think that's through any fault of being on the pill (i was on it for about 6 years)

I did ovulate this month though and i had lots of EWCM and ov pains. Think it's different for every lady.

This is a nice thread. I came of BCP in March and still no BFP...

Hi all,
Another update.........

I had my dating/nuchal scan yesterday and am 13 +1 today! Baby extremely active, flipping about all over the place - it wouldn't keep still for the poor sonographer! So I guess this is real....yikes!

It also means that without realising, I must have had a relatively "normal" cycle the month I cocneived. I know my bloods showed I didn't ovulate on day 14, but more likely on day 17. I am still in shock that it happened so totally randomly without ANY planning.

I am now on thyroxine for underactive thyroid as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->