Stork bites/Strawberry marks/angel kisses?

E

emmalouise09

My daughter has this on both her eye lids, i have looked them up and it says that the skin is thinner than normal.
i was just wondering if they will fade?
i asked the midwife when she came round to weigh her and they said that it may fade but could get bigger n darker....

xx

apparently they do my LO has 1 on the middle of his forehead,back of neck and over his eyelid, i made a thread a while back and got loads of reassuring comments , ill get the link for you :flower:

https://www.babyandbump.com/baby-club/451268-stork-mark-pic-added.html this was the thread :thumbup:

My daughter has a big stork bite in the middle of her forehead. The health nurse and doctor both told it should fade by the time she is 2 but may stay there forever just faded. A friend of mine had one when she was born and when she gets upset or cries you can see it.

Oh kitty has one in-between her eyebrows and one on her left eye lid. I asked the doctor in hospital and they said they would go but not yet.

https://www.babyandbump.com/baby-club/451268-stork-mark-pic-added.html this was the thread :thumbup:

Thanks for that :)
Lily's does show up more when she cries and when we take her out it shows up more in the light.
I'm not fussed by it, just wondered if it would fade or get darker as been told it could do.

x

Leni has a stork mark on his forehead in a V shape, and a strawberry mark under his tounge. All should fade in time :flower:

I just wanted to add that Ava's has faded a bit since she was born. It's still there but shows up more when she cries now.

My sister had a strawberry type mark when she was born right near her eye. She had it until she was about 4 years old, then it just went, of its own accord.

Bella has a stork bite (birth mark) in the back of her neck. It's pretty big. I'm not sure if it will fade or not, but her hair will cover hers eventually.

Jaxon has one on his hand, its really not that big and has gotten darker. Doctor said since its on his hand if Jaxon sratches it or bites it will most likley bleed.

Thomas has a stork bite on his eyelid, I must be crazy as I think it's kinda cute.

Megan had stork bite on the back of her neck at her hair line - it hasnt really faded much (and she still doesnt have much hair to cover it - LOL

She has a stork bite (angel kiss) on her forehead between her eyes. It has faded & really doesnt show up unless she has been crying. I didnt think these grew? From what I was told they dont.

She also has a strawberry hemangioma on her eyebrow - these are very different than the stork bites. They do grow in size - become puffier and larger & become darker red colored. 50% are gone by age 5 and 90% are gone by age 9. That being said - Megan's has already faded & shrunk after it had started growing & being very bright red. It is barely noticeable anymore. It used to be the first thing anyone saw - now you have to really look hard to see it.

ella has one too, middle of her forehead.
her 6yr old brother reckons it looks like a map of the British Isles!!!
she also has very red skin in the corner of her eyes on the lid and a bright red patch top of her neck.
she has loads of hair and a fringe so I never really see it unless she throws a strop or gets too hot and then they get more obvious.
my HV didn't know what it was but mum told me it was a stork bite, apparently my brother had one and he hasn't now so it vanished at some point and he has the palest skin in the world...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->