Strange dreams while TTC

Coco Tutu

Reaction score
I am sure that many of you had them. So why don't you share them here? Whether you are superstitious or the Sigmund Freud kind of gal, it will be fun to share them with each other :)

I didn't have any baby dreams or TTC dreams before, but yesterday I saw that my mother was asking me why am I not pregnant YET and what is wrong with us (we have been TTC for 1 month, which is not even over yet, btw). I was telling her that we are stressed and soon we will move and we had financial issues to take care of (which are all true) and she kept saying nasty things like "well, your eggs won't be around for long, you know. They don't care about your life". The funny thing is that my poor mom has not even asked anything baby-related. Let's hope she won't start now, after the dream :D

Tonight I also dreamed that my brother told me he is gay (he is not, at least that I know of) and he was eating smoked fish. I was trying to convince him to use protection is he is going to start experimenting in the gay scene and I was also eating smoked fish (I am vegan, so I shouldn't). I guess this TED talk I watched yesterday about HIV caused this strange dream and the book I am reading before sleep did have a scene with two people in a tavern drinking and eating fish. So my subconscious just reconstructed it all.

What about you ladies?
What did you dream of?

I heard that strange dreams are common in early pregnancy due to hormons changes..... :))

I heard that strange dreams are common in early pregnancy due to hormons changes..... :))

hehe, I wish, but I have no other symptoms so far. And I have always been a lucid dreaming kind of gal, so I am not impressed by detailed or complex dreams. Its the baby theme that's new :)

What dpo are you now?
Maybe the thing is that you are thinking too much about getting pregnat? At the beginning of my ttc I had kind of the same, but later on I was trying to focus more on something else, because it made me crazy!

I think I am at 7 DPO, but my cycles are alternating between 29 and 32 days, so who knows? Yes, I am thinking too much about it, since it is our first month trying and I joined the forums just a few weeks ago.
For now, I am focusing on Game of Thrones, as I haven't watched it before and there is still 1,5 season to keep me occupied :D Plus, they are BDing all the time so it is kind of inspirational as well :D

Haha, you made me laugh!!! Yes, these are some perfects ways to focus on something else than ttc....especially BD :winkwink:

How long have you been trying maya, if you don't mind me asking? And what is your trick to distract yourself from thinking of TTC all the time?

I've been trying for 2 years now...so quite long. To be honest it's very difficult to get really distracted becuase sometimes I was just cheating myself that I'm not focused... I was trying hard to focus on something else, but it didn't work. My tricks are: work, work and work :) also it's easier during the summer, since there are so many things to do comparing to winter.

Thanks! No, I have never tried charting and I have only taken 2 pregnancy test in my life, the one because I was scared I might be pregnant, when I was in my early twenties, and the other in June, during our honeymoon, but we BDed without protection only after OV, so I didn't have any hopes for this one. Best of luck to both of us :) 2 years sounds a long time, I am sure that the Stork will find his way to your house soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->