Stress & Implantation?

Charmed86

Reaction score
I think I already know the answer to this, but I had to ask.. How badly can stress effect implantation? If at all..?

I've noticed that I had a failed O this cycle, it happened to be at the time that my DH & I were having a lot of fights. Once we stopped, O happened. Maybe it was coincidence, maybe not..

I've been worrying about this for a week now that stress might stop a baby from impanting :( I cycle a lot, I mentioned it in a post before.. 3 years ago today I was hit by a car & I'm still nervous. Before I leave, I am filled with anxiety. Could this be enough to stop implantation?

DH & I have spoken about it & he's said that if I fail to get pregnant after a few more months then we will see whether me not cycling helps.

The thing is, even though it makes me scared, it's part of my job. It gets me out of the house for a few hours & I make some money for myself. I need that, I don't know what I'd do without that independence. But at the same time, I don't want to risk not getting pregnant because of my anxieties! Ack.

Does anyone have any thoughts or opinions on this?xx

Stress and anxiety can absolutely delay O but I have never read anything to suggest that it affects implantation. The exercise can also delay O if it's new, but if you've been doing it for 3 years it shouldn't be causing you any trouble at all. I'm sorry about the fighting with your H.
Try to think of it this way: There are women living in war zones who manage to get pregnant with healthy babies. So while stress isn't good for any of us, and can have negative effects on fertility, our bodies and the fetus, it's not a total showstopper in terms of getting pregnant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->