Stretch marks at 31 weeks! Did you get them?

My legs are covered in stretch marks and in the last couple of weeks I've got some on my hips. A friend of mine went 39 weeks without a single mark and then started getting them on her belly. I'm so jealous of anyone who doesn't get any! :(

I think most women get at least some. During my first pregnancy I got mine all over my stomach around week 29 or 30. I was so proud of being stretch mark free and then I realized that the entire bottom half of my bump was covered with marks. Around week 38 or 39 the marks spread all the way to the top above my belly button. I had a 10 lbs 2 oz baby, so I had a huge stomach. But this time, I am currently 37.5 weeks pregnant and I have had no new marks. I give birth in a week and a half so maybe I escaped it this time, or maybe my stomach is already stretched and didn't have to expand so much.

Sadly, I got stretch marks all over my belly, hips, and legs last pregnancy. I don't know when I started getting them.

I haven't gotten any new ones this pregnancy. I hope it stays that way because I have enough from last time!

I'm insanely jealous of the people who have such perfect skin that they never get any.

Yup! I've got loads. Some you can see they have damaged the skin quite badly too. Way I see it is my OH has seen them now at there worse so it can only get better right? I'm really insecure about them at moment and dammit there itchy! Hopefully I wont get anymore next pregnancy.. hopefully!

Got my first few at 33 weeks then got a few more at like 35 weeks and have now gotten PEP at 36/37 weeks.. It sucks feels like chicken pox that you can't scratch

Last pregnancy I only saw a hint of one the day before my induction at 40+6. Several others followed as my bump started deflating after the delivery.

I probably did get new ones this time around but I didn't really keep track. They look bad but I don't care too much! I have a lot from hitting puberty so I've made peace with them.

I get stretchmarks on my breasts and hips fairly early, tummy stretchmarks usually come only at the very, very end of pregnancy for me (like 36ish weeks). It sucks thinking that you're home safe and then you look in the mirror one day and realize you spoke too soon!:dohh:

Thankfully getting them at the end usually means you don't get quite as many, or so has been my experience.

I lost a lot of weight before I got pregnant, so I haven't done a whole lot of stretching. I have old stretchmarks, so I wasn't too concerned about new ones, but I was starting to wonder if I'd escape them altogether. I finally noticed a few fresh ones at the bottom of my bump the other day - they're really sneaking in at the last minute! I'm really surprised I didn't get any on my breasts, they've been growing from the start and they were bigger than the biggest they've ever been months ago.

Not too happy about the stretch marks I've gotten since I've been trying to stay moisturized this whole time. Oh well :shrug:

In my first pregnancy I got none. My mom had 3 kids and no stretch marks and I had a very small bump and gave birth to a 5.07 pound dd at 39w. I started with bump creams before I even got to 8 weeks. I guess everything worked together in my favour.

Sorry:flower:

I'm at 34 weeks and I haven't seen any yet. Some people say that they get them below their belly bump ( I've checked there and not seen any), just in case I've been putting on lotion like crazy. I do think I've had added ones to my hips and some women say they didn't see stretch marks until after giving birth...
Still time for me, so I won't jinx it....
GL!! ^_^

I am 31 weeks pregnant and no stretch marks yet. I am vegetarian and I like to eat well and and drink plenty of water (no just during pregnancy). Since I've known I was pregnant I've been using Rilastil and almond oil add on my bath. Since 2 weeks I've been using a mix of shea butter, coconut oil and almond oil made by myself. Just finger crossed . I am trying my best, I can't do more than that

I got some towards the end of my first pregnancy but just small ones around my belly button.

I got some with my first pregnancy but they only appeared around 41 weeks yes I went 9 days over urgh !

Second pregnancy didn’t notice and new ones just the older ones changed colour . DD2 born at 39+2 Third pregnancy got a small few extra ones DS was born at 40+6 over 9lb ! I’m surprised I wasn’t covered with them my stomach was so tight ! I have small patch which doesn’t bother me and they are more or less silverish now !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->