Stretchmark's

WaitingForYou

Mother to a gorgeous girl
Reaction score
If you are using a product to prevent pregnancy stretch marks what is it? Do you think it is working? Any recommendations. I have been using Palmers Cocoa Butter have always used that anyway, but just been using it on my tummy for last couple of days. Today I got a Vitamin E and Calendula lotion from my local health food shop as I heard this was amazing for stretch marks. I have Vitamin E oil in the cupboard but on the back it says do not use while pregnant. So I got the cream instead which doesnt warn you not to use.

I used cocoa butter and bio oil twice daily when I was pregnant and still ended up with loads. They're fading already though, I kept up with both products still twice daily since Seth was born. Probably not what you wanted to hear lol, sorry

xxx

Doesn't bother me. I know nothing is going to make them not show up at all, its just trying to reduce them. TBH I wouldnt buy Bio Oil, it isn't as good as they say it is, and for the price it really isn't worth it. I opted for my Vitamin E I got 240ml squeezy pot for £4.19 and my sister paid for it because im her stretch mark guinea pig.

lol Ill give that stuff a try as well then!

xxx

I used palmers coacoa butter and bio oil 3-4 times a day. I have no stretchmarks on my belly & breasts but I have loads on my butt, thighs, legs. So use the cream EVERYWHERE!!!! Good luck x:hugs:

OMG you must of got through a whole bottle of each every week. Very expensive!!! Im using it on my tummy, boobs, thighs and bum, oh and my back. I already have stretch marks in the middle of my lower back. I spread out so much from when I was in my early teens and well chubby im now alot taller and the weight has moved around.

I've used so much you wouldn't believe! Where I used it I haven't gotten any stretchmarks not even a tiny one! I think it was worth it. I just wish I had started earlier to put it on my thighs, but and legs... I only started when I saw some appear.. Never thought I'd get stretchmarks there! Though I put on 60 lbs...

I have only just started using cocoa butter since about a week or so!! When I spotted my first few!!

Might get some bio-oil though!!

I'll be quite honest........

Stretchmarks don't really bother me lol!! Ive got a fair few & really not fussed by them lol

I started using it now, will probably fall out of routine I always do. In fact I'm surprised I'm still taking my FA tablets. Gonna try stick to it every morning and night till about 3 months after baby. Probably wont do it though.

So when do you all think you should start putting these creams on?

Ive never used anything, but im quite lucky as i only got stretch marks on my lower stomach (they hide nicey under my jeans), but as they have faded quite a bit (and they itch like mad when at there worst), i was thinking of using a cream this time, just to keep them down.

So what do you think?

I hate to tell you, but if youre going to get them, no cream in this world will prevent them. I have countless friends that lived virtually immersed in BioOil and such and were bombarded with stretch marks. I've gained 60lbs and didnt have a single stretch mark (thank you Mommy!!), but I still swear that The Body Shop Brazil Nut Body Cream did the trick for me!

I never got any with my first and touch wood av not got any yet - just used johnsons baby oil with aloe vera which am usin this time aswell - but to be honest I think if your gonna get them no product in the world will stop them - I dont use it religously just put it in the bath and rub it in when I can remember just be careful cause it makes the bath very slippy!!!! :baby:

I hate to tell you, but if youre going to get them, no cream in this world will prevent them. I have countless friends that lived virtually immersed in BioOil and such and were bombarded with stretch marks. I've gained 60lbs and didnt have a single stretch mark (thank you Mommy!!), but I still swear that The Body Shop Brazil Nut Body Cream did the trick for me!

This is true. But there are things you can do to reduce stretch marks. Drinking 2-3 litre's of water a day, helps to keep your skin elasticated. As after childbirth you skin around your stomach doesn't have the elasticity it used to.

Enigma - I'd start using as early as possible, if anything to keep your skin moisturised and at least 'try' to prevent the marks. Ive just started this week (week 8) woohoo 9 today. Try drinking lots of fluids aswell, but as this is your 4th I think you probably know this. :D

So when do you all think you should start putting these creams on?

Ive never used anything, but im quite lucky as i only got stretch marks on my lower stomach (they hide nicey under my jeans), but as they have faded quite a bit (and they itch like mad when at there worst), i was thinking of using a cream this time, just to keep them down.

So what do you think?

I would start straight away, never too soon!

xxx

For streach marks try boots own brand streach mark cream, its not as thick and sticky as palmers coco butter and doesnt leave ur skin all greasy like bio oil, iv tryed all three and still have ALOT of strech marks im not too sure if anything stops you from getting them but im pretty sure all these lotions help them fade afterwards!

i've always used cocoa butter once a day and bio oil on some scars from operations but since being pregnant from day i found out i use both twice a day.so far no stretchmarks. i also use it as an excuse for OH to massage my back. xx

I use palmers cocoa butter and so far so good! I use it twice a day.

I've always used this even before pregnant. I would say start using it now.

Av just thought after reading another reply the one thing I always do consistantly is drink water in work I have a litre bottle that I fill up bout 3 times every day in work - so maybe water does help!!!

I gave in using creams while i was pregnant. The stretch marks just kept coming anyway. Am using Bio oil and palmers cocoa butter now to help them fade. Seems to be working

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"