Strip washing by machine

petite ping

Reaction score
I have been smelling ammoniac on my LO nappies and decided that I should do a strip wash - I normally do this every 6-8 weeks and use the dish washer tablet method and I generally soak them for about a day but I suspect being pregnant and baby preparations have got the better of me so I may have been a bit lax (maybe).

This time I tried the full dose method and started rinsing and rinsing and rinsing........... After 10 odd rinses there were still bubbles coming out of my nappies. Surely there should be less bubbles after a while.

I decided to do a test and ran my machine empty and without any detergent and to my surprise, my machine was auto generating bubbles. I ran it again - empty and same result - I think there is quite a lot of detergent build up in my machine.

If I had kept on rinsing I would be rinsing for the week so for my next strip wash, I will go back to soaking in the bath tub.

It can take all day to rinse out a full dose of detergent, even when the machine is clean, it really depends on the machine. I tend to run a boil wash on empty every now and then to clean the machine or you can buy stuff in the laundry aisle of the supermarket to clean them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->