Stroppy and emotional?

Bee26

Mummy to Charlie bear!
Reaction score
Hi,

I have just joined this site and already it seems fantastic, so much info!!
Im approx 8 weeks pregnant, though waiting for my dating scan to confirm this (its times like these I really wish I was one of those organised women who wrote down the dates of their last period!!)
Although my pregnancy was not planned, my partner and I are over the moon..its a wonderful thing being responsible for a new life and Im so excited to be a mum.
Despite all this I am feeling so emotional, on the verge of tears and so worried something will go wrong. Im also being a complete cow to my partner. Granted, he needs to do some growing up before becoming a father (financial growing up mainly!), but he is so excited, is good to me and will be a brilliant dad. I cant help but find everything he is saying and doing irritating, he cant do anything right and im so stroppy with him. I have even had thoughts that Id rather do this alone than with him (this is only because he recently got made redundant and I can afford to support him and a baby) I know its awful and he feels down and rejected because I wont have sex with him either (Im soooo tired and feel nausea most of the time aswell as mild abdominal cramping).
Has anyone else felt like this towards their partner in early pregnancy??..I thought this was meant to be a time when you have never felt more in love. I know he will never leave me and hes trying so hard to be a wonderful partner..I feel awful but cant help myself.

Any thoughts, advice or reassurance would be greatly appreciated!

Thankyou

Bee :growlmad:

Hello lovely...I can totally relate to you :hugs:

Im not in the mood to have sex with my OH as I've had some early cramps and I worry he'll feel used or think I just used him as a sperm bank! (baby was planned)
I'm also snapping so much and picking his stuff up from one spot and just dropping it somewhere else in a pile 'out of my way'... A couple of times I've been asleep and hes woken me up... just to tell me HE is going to have a nap and promptly drops off to sleep beside me while im now wide awake and fidgeety. Its like Thanks...

Its just hormones though honey, and im sure most of these girls will say the same thing :coffee: just ride out these first few weeks, I'm sure when you settle down and are coming up to your appointments and scans ect that excitment will kick in...thats what I'm counting on anyway! x

Hey bee
I wrote a similar post a week ago about being moody and stressed, and awful to my partner. It was from 8-9 weeks too like you, and came out of nowhere. I found him to be the most irritating man on the planet and had thoughts of breaking up with him. All seems hysterical now, but I was so stressed out I couldnt sleep and Ive never been such a bitch. It was like the worst case of PMT ever!!
It will pass!!! xxx

Ladies, your lovely. So nice t hear it's not just me. I've tried to come home from work and be nice, and bless him, he's cleaned the house, done the washing and cooked my tea but I'd still rather curl up and cuddle the dog than him. Awful huh!! I'm sure it will pass and he won't k now what's hit him!! Tee hee x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->