Structuring Nap Times

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Younglutonmum, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Younglutonmum

Younglutonmum Mummy To Maya & Bump

Just wondering about how you structure your LOs nap times if at all??

I don't with Maya. I just let her nap when she chooses & leave her where she falls asleep, be it in her bouncy chair, car seat etc

Somedays she can be really sleepy & she'll sleep for 2-3 hour blocks at a time but today she's just taken a few twenty minute cat naps

People are always telling me I need to start setting times for her naps & put her down in her moses basket but i'm fine with how we are doing it now

I know when I nap I don't go to my bed so I don't expect Maya to go to hers

2. Vickie

Vickie Hannah & Rhys <3

We let Hannah nap when she's tired, unfortunately though we usually have to hold her for her to go to sleep

3. Younglutonmum

Younglutonmum Mummy To Maya & Bump

Maya can be like that. Somedays I have to rock Maya for ageeees but others I just turn round & she's nodded off

4. Samantha675

Samantha675 Maybe baby #3?!?

Bren has a rough nap schedule. I know that from the time he wake up, he will need a nap in 1 1/2 to 2 hours. He gets cranky, rubs his eyes, so I take him in our bedroom, nurse him then rock him and lay him down. Once he is awake, he can go about 2 hours, all day long we do this. He takes between 3-4 naps depending on how long he sleeps. The 2 morning naps are generally 30 minutes to 1 hour. The afternoon one can be between 2-3 hours.

5. JennyLynn512

JennyLynn512 Mom to four

Valerie has a great schedule right now as far as feeding and naps go. She wakes up about 7am...takes a nap mid-morning(11)...then another mid-afternoon(3). Then she is up until she goes to bed around 8pm. Her naps will last usually 1-2 hours. It fits with her feeding schedule and it fits with us. Let's hope it lasts! Haha!

6. ColtonsMom

ColtonsMom Well-Known Member

Colton takes his first nap 2-2.5 hours after he first wakes, which lasts for 2-3.5 hours,
    Then his second nap 2-3 hours after that, which lasts for 1-2 hours,
    Then his last nap 3-3.5 hours after that, which lasts 30min-1hour,
    Then he is up until bedtime.

7. reallytinyamy

reallytinyamy Mum and step mum

Chloe naps as and when, not a lot at the moment!

8. Serene123

Serene123 Guest

Caitlyn has a nap inbetween all 4 feeds during the day, 3 naps in total. Those are not at specific times though. How she naps doesn't affect us atall.

9. isil

isil Well-Known Member

before Ally decided to be a very sleepy boy he was having 20-30min catnaps. He'd feed, be awake for a bit, sleep, be awake for a bit, sleep then be awake for a bit then want to feed again! Now he's just sleepy. a lot. lol.

Today I had to wake him at 7.30 (he just can't sleep past that or else I don't have enough time to bf him and get myself up and dressed before we have to go out). Then he slept 9-10. Was awake 10-11 at toddler group. He fell asleep there and slept 11-1. Fed. Then he slept 1.30ish til well..he might be waking up now. He's slept a lot less today than he has so far this week. Huzzah, perhaps I'm getting my baby back!