Struggling after miscarriage

Yoofie

Reaction score
Hi all. I posted on this forum for a while almost a year ago. I managed to fall pregnant in May of last year but found out by week 6 that the fetus wasn't growing. On the advice of my doctor I waited to miscarry naturally which didn't happen until week 12. The miscarriage went a bit nuts and I ended up in hospital for an emergency d&c.

That was back in July. We have not managed to fall pregnant again and I feel that I'm just getting older and the chance it'll happen is becoming less and less. I go through periods of feeling blue and periods where I'm fine. I think I'm posting here today because I just received an email from a friend who gave birth 1.5 years after me and is already pregnant with her second. I'm happy for her but it leaves me wondering if something is wrong with me.

I want to say I'm not depressed, my daughter is a joy and I go about life as usual it's just that sometimes it hits me and I get into a funk for a few hours.

Thanks for reading and I really hope that all of you get your BFPs soon!

Hi Yoofie

:hugs: My story is somewhat similar, though my m/c went...well it sounds wrong to say this but it went about as well as can be expected.

Found out I was pg in June 2012. Miscarried right at the 6 week mark though I suspect it was starting maybe 5w5d-ish.

I understand how you feel, people who had their first child after I had mine already have their second. I feel so behind...this is not what we planned at all. I just don't understand why it stopped working. (We are unexplained.)

Don't feel guilty about your heart aching for another child. Your daughter is an amazing blessing...wanting another child doesn't mean you love your daughter less. There's just no peace when you don't have the sense that your family is complete!

Are you going to see a Dr? I waited after a year of trying, but you might be able to get help after 6+ mos of trying (if you haven't already), especially if you are 30+. I really wish we had sought help sooner. But I just kept thinking...maybe this is the month.

Hope everything is physically fine and you get your BFP soon. :hugs:

:dust:

Hi there. I'm sorry to hear that you went through a miscarriage as well. It's a tough thing to weather.

I have spoken to my doctor but I think based on the fact that I did manage to get pregnant, he's recommending I wait longer before getting tested. He said 2 years, even knowing that I'm 35. This seems way too long to wait to me.

If nothing happens in the next 2-3 cycles then I'll go back to insist on testing.

I admit I don't know much compared to a lot of ladies here, but 2 years sounds outrageous. I can see one year, but not two. My doctor even said he was glad I didn't wait until I was 35 (I'm 31, almost 32). I think it's reasonable to wait another few cycles, but beyond that I hope he'll listen to your requests. <3 Good luck.

I'm so sorry for everything you went though! My heart goes out to you! We conceived our very first cycle in May of 2012. I miscarried around 6 weeks. We have had no bfp's since then.
2 years seems like a really long time to wait for testing! Sending you lots of luck and baby dust!

Hi, I had a miscarriage last month due to ruptured tube almost leading to near to death experience. Thank GOD i am alive. Since then I am desperately waiting to conceive again. Its been 6 weeks 2 days after surgery i didnt get my first period yet. I had xxx with my hubby thrice in between. How long i should wait for the periods to come. Need your suggestions badly. Feeling so sad for the loss of my baby. Help me plz. :( :(

Hi im new to this so not quite sure how it works lol my story is similar to yours.. i have 2 children with my dh aged 6+7 and we had been ttc for more than 4 years with baby no.3 with just no luck! Up until dec 2013 i finally got my bfp!! But just a few days later i mc naturally :( i only bled for 3 days and had no pain so was quite lucky but weve been ttc since with no luck again!

I know its only been 3 months but its driving me crazy and i can think of nothing else.. what makes matters worse is i have so many family and friends around me that r preg and i jus cant stand to b around them! Selfish i know..

anyways ive jus got my pos ov test so im hoping and prayin that this is the month for us :)

Hey hun after my mc i started af around 40 days after! But if u have been dtd it could well be a new pregnancy. Have u poas yet?

Hi Lauraayton, thanks for your reply. I have tested twice with pregnancy kit but both the times it came out negative. Can you please clarify what is dtd and poas? sorry i m very poor at short forms. Want my baby back :-(. Thank you once again for the support.

Hi Lauraayton, thanks for your reply. I have tested twice with pregnancy kit but both the times it came out negative. Can you please clarify what is dtd and poas? sorry i m very poor at short forms. Want my baby back :-(. Thank you once again for the support.
Hi know this wasn't for me, but I just happened to see your question and thought I'd clarify.
DTD = doing the deed = sex
(You may also see BD = baby dance = sex, or BMS = baby making sex)
POAS = pee on a stick = take a pregnancy test.

So sorry your tests came back negative. So sorry for what you've been though, what a traumatic experience. I understand the feeling of just wanting your baby back. :cry: Sending you many hugs. :hugs:

When I had my miscarriage (it was a complete m/c, so it happened all on its own at home), my period came back at exactly 4 weeks. BUT I was told that average is 4-6 weeks. But that's after having a natural one and no procedures. Your body has been through a whole lot more. Maybe give it another week or two (?), then contact your Dr.
:hugs:

I had a laparoscopic surgery on feb 5th and I lost my right tube. Its been more than 40 days now still no AF. Or is it because I lost 3ltrs of blood due to ruptured ectopic. Should I need to worry? Going mad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->