Struggling to drink enough water

bunnyblonde

Reaction score
i usually drink a healthy amount of water but so far my whole pregnancy the most i can drink in a day is 5 glasses, but its usually less, around 3. One day i didn't drink any water at all. I don't feel thirsty but i know i must be dehydrated, my skin is dry and my urine is dark most of the time. I just can't bring myself to drink water or anything really, I'm not usually a soda drinker but I've been having about a can of ginger ale a day to help with nausea. Other than that i just have almost no desire to drink anything. Anyone feeling the same way or have any tips of how to get more water?

I feel your pain. I am unable to get enough water either, and it's given me horrible constipation and made my nausea worse. These are the ways I've been able to get water down:

1) I put a carton of water (it's called Boxed Water is Better) in the freezer until it gets really cold. For me, having it really cold helps a lot. Then I sit and watch TV or read on my phone while drinking the water one sip at a time with a spoon. I can get through a lot of water this way.

2) I drink a weak ginger tea once a day. I count it as one of my cups of water, and it works because the ginger settles my stomach. I was drinking ginger ale, but the high sugar content was making the nausea even worse.

3) I sip plain fizzy water or drink it with a spoon. The burping really provides a lot of relief and the slight bitter flavor to it masks morning sickness mouth.

ETA: I also crunch ice cubes when things get really bad

Oh I've had the worst constipation which is not normal for me at all. It's getting to the point where it hurts if I cough or sneeze

Oh I remember the water thing. I got through it with ginger ale ... And that didn't feel good at all. But it was the only fluid I cld stomach! Now a few leftover cans are collecting dust. I made smoothies & soups and tried eating as much as possible of those. And I tried eating watermelon, melon, strawberries, ... Any fruits with high fluid content. Or freeze juice & eat it as an ice-cream...

soup sounds so unappetizing right now, especially since its so unseasonably warm right now, i was actually craving a strawberry smoothie earlier tho

I am the same exact way, I didn't do the best before I was expecting either though. I found something that helps me personally is buying the packs of 10 oz bottled waters. It helps me to just grab and go when I'm at work. And I make it a goal to get through at least 3 of them while at work, and they are little so it somehow makes it easier to get through them vs big glasses of water or something.

i had some really amazing milk on sunday with cookies, i can't remember the last time I've had a glass of milk before that. But this was organic whole milk, i would usually drink skim, and now all i want is milk. does milk count as "water" i know i should probably still be drinking clear water at some point during the day but if i have a beverage like milk can i count that as 1 glass?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->