Struggling to drink enough

clacko

Reaction score
I have never drank enough even before pregnancy. Sometimes going all day without drinking and not realising. As well as suffering hyperemesis I'm struggling to drink enough. I'm making an effort to drink a lot more than pre pregnancy but still know it's not enough!

Anyone else? It doesn't help that what I do manage to drink sometimes comes back up z

Just constantly sip water from a bottle, I take water with me everywhere. And at home always have water chilling in the fridge. Xx

Iv just bought some bottled water to try encourage me to drink more. Like you said gonna carry a bottle everywhere which will hopefully help x

I'm a terrible drinker too but found I'm really thirsty now. I fill a pint glass with weak cordial ans can now drink about 4 in a day. This only works when im home though.... I struggle to drink if I'm out the house even if I take a bottle!

Could you try flavoured water? It's a bit more appealing x

I'm having the same trouble...didn't drink enough before, can't now because I puke.

Popcicles. They have been a godsend. I get the cheapy bag of freezer pops and go through about 10 a day. Much easier to tolerate than gulps or even sips of water.

https://dg2x.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/freezepop.jpg

I have to have a straw in the water, otherwise it takes me an insane amount of time to get any down. I've noticed that if there's a bunch of ice it sits better or putting small slices of ginger or lemon helps a bit too. Smoothies have become my best friend right now too.

You can also try to make a point of eating water dense foods: watermelon, grapes, cucumbers, etc.

https://fruitinfusedwaters.com/ maybe try some fruit infused water!! Or try getting a water filter or a filtered water bottle (brita makes both) the plastic ones have chemicals and aren't so refreshing either!! Hope this helps! I love water, so I just carry my brita anywhere with me. That way, wherever you are you can fill it up. Even from a sink and it comes out filtered ;)

It's common with hyperemesis to not be able to stomach plain water.. I found squeezing lemon in water helps and like a pp said, icepops or similar. I sucked on plain ice cubes, drank fizzy drinks.

Maybe try pouring a pint of water/juice and telling yourself you have to have drank it by x time?

Really, you will feel much better if you can get hydrated. If you feel you are dehydrated you must see a doctor. I had 7L of fluid given to me on an IV drip because I couldnt keep fluids down and I felt AMAZING afterwards.

Keep going hun, it does get better xxxx

LadyHutch - your freezie stash seriously cracked me up! My freezer looks ridiculous right now because I have so many of those in every nook and cranny lol

I'm with the others on infused or flavored waters OP. Regular water just doesn't sit right. Having them at room temp sometimes helps as well even though I'm typically an ice hog :thumbup:

I had the same struggle with terrible sickness. I ended up eating ice all day long, and even popped bottles of water to freeze whilst out or at work. It was easier to tolerate a nice cold slug of ice water rather than forcing a glass of cold water down my throat. If you put diluting in a bottle of water and freeze for a few hours it turns to slush and is quite nice to munch on xxx

I made ginger and lemon water last night and chilled it so I've got a glass this morning as a preventative measure xx

I always struggle to drink water so I make sure I drink a big glass when I wake up, while I'm making a cup of tea. No sickness yet so this is OK for me. Then I have big glass with lunch and dinner.

Maybe try making soups? These have great water content but are easier on the stomach.

I found this recipe on Pinterest for these nausea pops someone made :) I haven't tried them myself but they sound tasty and would help get liquid in.

https://sabrinaalery.blogspot.com/2012/03/diy-nausea-pops.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->