Struggling to function

shorty2k8

1 son ttc #2
Reaction score
I'm so exhausted and fatigued, being made so much worse by constant nausea.

Do you have to be actually vomiting to get help from the doctor? I'm an emetophobe so vomiting doesn't exactly come easy to me so my body is in constant battle right now

Making the exhaustion even worse

Feel so miserable :(

I went to Dr with 24/7 nausea and was prescribed a travel sickness tablet called cyclizine. It helped loads with the nausea but made me even more tired!!

See the tiredness I could cope with if I wasn't battling the awful nausea as well. Still wouldn't be pleasant I imagine but I just am constantly on the verge of pukin but not.

Thank you for your reply. X

The nausea is unbearable isn it!!
Luckily my nausea has almost gone!!!
There's no harm in going and asking the Dr if they can help.
Hope you're feeling better soon. xx

I am terrified of vomiting. I will lie motionless on a couch for hours rather than vomit to get it over with. For me, morning sickness has never involved vomiting because I fight it and will not let myself. So it's just the constant feeling of being full, dry heaving, burpy, gurgly, and like my body is going to explode. It is a miserable feeling.

In my experience, doctors are very responsive to nausea alone--if it goes unchecked, it can lead to weight loss and malnutrition due to the very strong food aversions. With DD I was put on Zofran, but I will never do that again and I think there are even some warnings out about it now.

What works best for me with this pregnancy is a few bits of chocolate throughout the day for small energy boosts, preggy pop drops, sipping very spicy ginger beer (non-alcoholic, of course), and drinking fizzy water. The ginger ale and fizzy water cause burping, which helps me a lot, and ginger is a natural stomach settler despite how spicy it is. Another thing that really counters the fatigue and nausea both is a walk out in the cold--I don't know how it works, but it does

I rarely vomit as well no matter how bad I feel. This pregnancy the nausea has been getting progressively worse. It started out as just a little nauseated if I didn't eat anything and then nauseated if i DID eat something. Now I'm just nauseated -_- I wish I could throw up I feel so bad I think it would make me feel better. My doctor gave me a list of what's safe to take so monday I will try one of these. You shouldn't have to vomit before your doctor gives you something, If you feel bad you feel bad.

I am terrified of vomiting. I will lie motionless on a couch for hours rather than vomit to get it over with. For me, morning sickness has never involved vomiting because I fight it and will not let myself. So it's just the constant feeling of being full, dry heaving, burpy, gurgly, and like my body is going to explode. It is a miserable feeling.

In my experience, doctors are very responsive to nausea alone--if it goes unchecked, it can lead to weight loss and malnutrition due to the very strong food aversions. With DD I was put on Zofran, but I will never do that again and I think there are even some warnings out about it now.

What works best for me with this pregnancy is a few bits of chocolate throughout the day for small energy boosts, preggy pop drops, sipping very spicy ginger beer (non-alcoholic, of course), and drinking fizzy water. The ginger ale and fizzy water cause burping, which helps me a lot, and ginger is a natural stomach settler despite how spicy it is. Another thing that really counters the fatigue and nausea both is a walk out in the cold--I don't know how it works, but it does

I have exactly the same thing currently. I can barely move for weeks in case I am sick. Turning into quite a miserable time!!

Yeah doctor was amazing today. Got cyclizine. So far the first dose has really helped. I feel a lot more human. :) hope everyone else gets their permanent relief soon too. Worst part of pregnancy by far. But the end result is so worth it :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->