Struggling to make friends with other Mums

have you tried the net mums site? they have meet a mum boards where you can put an add up or respond to an add, and it has all local stuff on there too.
www.netmums.co.uk i think or com.
I hated going to toddler groups as they all had their little cliques and still dont really know many of them.

HI Xanthe, I moved 160 miles away from all friends and family just last month! My DD is now 17 weeks old and we've started going to groups (actually, have only been to baby rhyme time at library but hey..I do plan to!) and there was a group of women with babies that looked similar age to Rebecca but they were away in their own group. I did then see on eof them in Tesco after and she said hello...believe me, that's a highlight in my day!

Anyway, then went to docs for baby imms on Wednesday and was tralking to a really nice girl and she was asking where I'm from (accent gives it away) and then I was telling her how I'm struggling to meet folk. Well, she agreed that baby groups can be cliquey and then said that she would avoid talking to peopl at them or making friends too mcuh cos they just don't look like the sort of people she'd want to know.

Well, I'm now thinking that she mean t me by that comment! lo What you think?

I seriously don't have problems meeting people usually, have even moved abroad twice all on my tod and really thought that a baby would makwe it easier.

I've been on netmums site and answered someone's ad. Will have to post my own. Whilst I was preg thought I'd be moving to central london and so made new acquaintances on that site but have since moved to Herts and so was a bit of a waste of time.

When preg BnB was a lifeline and I woul spend hours catching up with people. Now that Rebecca is here tho I simply don't have the time to log on.

All I'll say is Good Luck!!

Oh, and have a great Christmas..you never know what the new year might bring :) xxx

Thats quite a transition from down south to up north. Try netmums though its really good. I hope you make some friends soon!

I moved here 2.5 years ago, and neve really had any real friends, dont go to any mother and toddler groups because again I dont seem to 'fit' if you like. I find alot of people at mother & toddler groups patronising and its never real adult conversations. Its always ohh she such and such... is she doing this yet mine is and blaa blaa blaa... I don't need people patronising me and thats why I no longer go, my whole life evolves around Olivia she is my world but I also need adult conversations.

Thanks to BnB I have met a Amy & Zara who live locally and go out quite often with Amy and its really nice, although obviously we do talk about our little ones its no mathcing contest and we are able to have proper adult conversations and have a giggle really. Its really nice.

Perhaps there is some one on here close by to you also?

x

I'm struggling too, not that I've moved, it's just that I'm 19 so all my friends are away at school, and I don't know anyone who has a baby. It's super lonely. I've tried looking up mothers groups but none of the ones in my area have anyone close to my age. My hubby has some really nice co-workers though so I'm hoping to make a few friends that way.

i know the feeling xanthe,

i moved from liverpool away from my family and friends to coventry when i was 8 months pregnant with dd2, although it only 2 hours away it feels like ive moved a lot further!

we go to loads of playgroups and to be honest ive met lots of lovely girls and we have a good laugh together but they only last an hour an a half and find the rest of the time im all alone, even though i have my little girl i do need a bit of adult conversation too.

i dont know if you have a sure start in you area but i joined their little community and they have lots of playgroups and compared to others that are run independently they are great. the staff are lovely and the mums are really nice.

still it would be nice to have someone to go for lunch with or to go the softball area with for a cuppa and a gab. i think you just need that bit of courage to say to people do you fancy meeting up with the kids one afternoon for a play, but ive never been able to do it....

I have the same problem here but only cause most moms here are very prude and have the "my kids better" attitude so I wont take any crap

i tried a few groups too and found a few of them very unwelcoming and had known each other for years. i didn't enjoy their company much any way - all competing with each other with who's LO's doing what the fastest. rather sad really! i am going to do a part time college course two mornings a week starting in Jan and Ali is going to the Creche. Hope to meet nicer people there!!!!

:hugs: :hugs: don't take it personally - lots of these groups exclude people if they don't fit in.

Christine
XXXXX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"