Struggling TTC#2 - A thread for Pics, Positivity, Pontificating, and POAS!

Hi ladies may I join? I have a 2 year old daughter (Just Turned 2 today) and me and DH (not her biological father) have been TTC baby # 2. Her name is Naddia and her father is in and out, she loves my DH and she can't wait to be a big sister since she kept saying baby! baby! to me yesterday. Lol So I've been TTC for a year and 4 months and nothing yet. This cycle seems promising but I'm bleeding (not like regular AF) so not sure what to think. Anyways good luck to you all! :) can't wait to start seeing The BFP!!

Attachments

• IMG_20140820_171526.jpg
    IMG_20140820_171526.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20140820_171449.jpg
    IMG_20140820_171449.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 2
Welcome Dani, KBrain, Tired, Bugg, and Anagee

ImSoTired - I think we might have been on the same forums when trying for our first LOs.... Your name seems very familiar :)

KBrain - I've read a few places that if your first was a challenge ttc, that you have more luck on the second... and likewise, people who breezed by on their first often have to wait a lot longer for #2. FXed for you!

Zepham - I don't really have any kind of info on why or how often endo causes short LPs, but I know when googling for causes of short LPs endo kept coming up, and I got some confirmation of that yesterday (see below) so it definitely might be worth temping or maybe at least using OPKs to see if that's an issue for you.

AFM - So I had the ultrasound yesterday! Turns out I have a 5 cm ("large") complex cyst on one ovary which, combined with my short LPs, seems like it could be complications of Endometriosis. Bleh. Good news is, one of the best ways to shrink up the cyst would be to stop having my period - so my OBGyn was all on board for us getting pregnant ASAP. Since my LPs are so short (<10 days) my doc felt like Clomid was my best bet to regulate my cycles the fastest - so I'll start that next cycle. Kind of overwhelmed by everything I learned yesterday, and about Clomid's higher chance of twins.... but one step at a time I guess!
Anybody have any advice/experience to share about Clomid?

KrissyB - Thanks, I do hope this time around we get lucky faster, can hardly imagine it taking as long as #1 took. But it was so worth it, he's amazing. To answer your question re:Chlomid, I do have experience with it from ttc#1 - I did 4 or 5 cycles on it before I switched to Femara (which is what I'm currently using as I have some left over from 2012). I also have issues with a short luteal phase (but no endo). From everything that I have researched and my FE has said, Chlomid along won't give you a longer luteal, it may just regulate your cycle, which is not the same thing. To extend your LP, you need to take progesterone cream, which i use as a suppository (Crinone is the Rx that I have) from DPO3 till the end of the cycle. On the cycle that I conceived, I was told to use it thru the end of the 1st trimester, once the placenta takes over. Just thought I'd what I know, hope that helps you. Oh and if Chlomid doesn't work for you, see if you can try Femara for a couple of cycles (hopefully u won't have to!). It's a newer drug and is not as commonly prescribed as Chlomid, in fact my regular obgyn didnt even know about it (but my FE did). It works differently that Chlomid, and has been more successful for some people. Good luck!!!

Hello Bug22, Tired and Anagee - welcome! All your LOs look beautiful!

Tired - my "mood" on the site is permanently set to "tired" so I know how you feel!

I'm so exhausted today and I have a "im going to pass out" feeling plus pimples and headaches. I want to stop myself from testing today (in fears of BFN again) Ahhh. Saturday needs to get here. Seems like ttc #2 is harder. It only took one time wit DD :/ Anyone with promising signs of pregnancy?

Hi ladies - just wanted to post on this thread that I may have gotten my bfp today, first time ttc #2 (Krissy - you said it, but I didn't believe it. Took 2 years with my DS, so how can this be? The lines were super light but I took 2 tests, and they all gave the same result. I'm so shocked. I can't get to the doc till next week since we're leaving for vacation, so I'll have to take the ic's along and test daily. :wacko:

Exciting KBrain! Really hope it's your BFP!

Hi everyone! We are on our 3rd cycle of TTC & currently on CD7, so not exactly struggling yet but getting a little impatient! I have a four year old daughter, Brooke Rose, who will be five in February, she's amazing & would make such a fantastic big sister, we are really hoping we'll fall pregnant before her fiveth birthday, fingers crossed! It took 6 months to conceive #1.

Good luck to you all! :dust:

Hi everyone, can I join too? We have a ds who is 11 months old and are trying to decide when to ttc no.2. We both agreed a 2-3 year gap would be nice but it took us over a year of ttc for ds with 2 cp's along the way. We said we may start ttc on October when jack is 1. I really worry about it as it was so stressful last time and I worry it will take ages again.

Congrats kbrain. You give me hope!

Congrats KBrain!!! So happy it worked out so quickly for you!! Hope it's nice and sticky and you have a H&H 9 months :crib: :happydance: :happydance:

And welcome Corall and Bobs!

KBrain3377 Congrats!!! :) Im glad you got your BFP! :happydance:

Congrats to those who have already gotten bfps! I got my positive opk today so we will be trying again! Really hoping for good things!

I hope you're all well!

I need opinions Please? (COPIED FROM ANOTHER POST I HAD)
Well this cycle has proven o be a weird one for me. From Spotting (if you call 2 specks of blood spotting) on dpo's 6 and 7 respectively to having pulling and tugging feelings a few days prior to the spotting. Now this morning I had a wet dream Sorry for the tmi but i haven't had one since I was like a teenager lol. These Symptoms are accompanied with headaches and very light cramps. Lol

What do you guys think? Do I have a chance or am i just imagining things?

Anagee- Definitely sounds promising!! How many dpo are you now? Any idea how long your LPs are or when you expected AF? Keep us posted and FXed :dust:

Corall - Love the pic :) My sentiments exactly.

Im hoping this will be my cycle. Heres to hoping! :)

Anagee- Definitely sounds promising!! How many dpo are you now? Any idea how long your LPs are or when you expected AF? Keep us posted and FXed :dust:

Corall - Love the pic :) My sentiments exactly.

Im about 10 dpo maybe? Not 100 sure since I didnt use OPKs. I have no clue since I stated having period 2 months ago lol Im expecting AF Sept 10th. (I have 23 day cycles). I am having a poas par for myself from now till af shows (in 2 day intervals) Im sure I ovulated 8/24 though./

Thought it'd be enjoyed, couldn't help but think of all the TTC ladies :)

Here's hoping September is amazing for us all!

Anagee - Sounds very promising to me - wishing you lots of luck!

Good optimism on this thread ladies, I really think a positive outlook makes a lot of difference.

Afm, I had my betas drawn today, should hear tomorrow, and then go back again on Friday to make sure they've doubled. While I was on vacation, I tested every day (of course!) and here are the results:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->