Struggling with 4.5 year old

sunshine2014

Reaction score
My little girl is 4.5. She's been potty trained since about 2.5. With all the COVID stuff lately we've had many regressions and I'm at a loss....

1) She's having 4-5 pee accidents a day
2) She's waking up 2-3 times a night and coming in wanting a hug
3) She's ignoring her gro-clock and coming in early, or staying in her room and being noisy.

I've tried charts, reasoning, negotiating, new clocks....

I'm at a loss. I have a 2.5 year old boy who sleeps 7pm-8am and wakes up dry. I realize this is a phase for my 4.5 year old, but it's draining me and I don't know what else to do...

DD2 is 4 1/2 too . Since lockdown and school closing she’s been having a lot more accidents like your DD , despite being full trained for ages
I think it’s laziness on her part shes too busy watching something or playing. So we have been making her go the toilet now at random times during the day

She’s waking up early too which then wakes everyone else up cause she’s so loud ! Although she’s still sleeping without a issue .

Like your DD it’s just a phase and they will settle down once back in a normal routine ! But my lord you need all your patience !

Yeah, Gracie is 4.5 (also October!) and I could have written this myself! She’s been wetting her pants all the time, she’s got marks in her pants from where she isn’t going to the toilet on time too. Her mood has been terrible, defiant, and generally quite unpleasant a lot of the time!
I think she’s just really unsettled because she’s due to start school in August, she’s used to being in nursery, she’s used to me being at work but I’m working from home and my fiancé just started a new job with a different working pattern. It’s been a lot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->