stuck - how to get from two meals to three

Emmea12uk

The Folic acid police!
Reaction score
hello - this is for those that have fully weaned already.

I am at the stage where we have:

8:00 7oz milk
10:00 breakkie with fromage frais
12:00 7oz milk
14:00 apple juice
16:00 7oz milk
18:00 dinner
20:00 7oz milk

he is ok for the moment but I am frustrated at feeding two hourly and I know i need to aim for him having meals when i do and to make sure he still has 20oz milk.

I am going to wait until he demands a thurd meal, but knowing him that might not be long. How did you get from this stage to full weaning? What do you do now?

This is just for mothers who have FULLY weaned - I dont want any fights. Tom is on this diet due to medical reasons and all his medical professionals are aware he is on solids.

Thanks!

I started offering her food after her lunchtime feed.

I'd suggest with the apple juice for you though. Just offer him it every day at the same time. Should take to it eventually.

Toria Your already on 3 meals a day hun ?? I thought you were supossed to this only at 6 months ? oh well lol everything is diff now a days ..

I just got max on 3 meals a day started last week ..I introduced a bit of snacks(soft bites) and then gradually gave him some lunch like fruit or sometimes a spagetti ready made jar he loves that .. just take it one day at a time and once hes ready he will take to it np :)

Tegan isn't weaned but re the apple juice, what we do is when she is hungry we give her 3oz of apple juice which delays her feed for half an hour. Obv. our babies are on apple juice for the same reason - Tegan has 6oz a day and it really helps her to go to the toilet. (Obviously we are the same as you - we are giving her apple juice on the advice of our GP and Tegan's urologist)

I have no advice re. the rest but I hope it goes well :D

hello - this is for those that have fully weaned already.

I am at the stage where we have:

8:00 7oz milk
10:00 breakkie with fromage frais
12:00 7oz milk
14:00 apple juice
16:00 7oz milk
18:00 dinner
20:00 7oz milk

he is ok for the moment but I am frustrated at feeding two hourly and I know i need to aim for him having meals when i do and to make sure he still has 20oz milk.

I am going to wait until he demands a thurd meal, but knowing him that might not be long. How did you get from this stage to full weaning? What do you do now?

This is just for mothers who have FULLY weaned - I dont want any fights. Tom is on this diet due to medical reasons and all his medical professionals are aware he is on solids.

Thanks!

That's about the same schedule that ruby's on bar the apple juice.

I was gonna wait till she was 6 months before introducing lunch, I mjust thought it would be easier cause there is so much more things I can offer her at that age, like bread, yoghurts, cheese etc.

It just sorted of happened with Tabs she now has
7.30 milk
8.00 brekkie solids
10.30 milk
1.30 milk and solids
4.30 milk and solids
6.55 milk
10-11.30pm milktop up

It was quite straightforward for Tabs as she has meals following or halfway through the milk feed although i am trying to change the lunch one to around 12 midday but too scared too in case it affects her sleeping through 7-7 :hissy:
He sounds like he is doing well. Maybe just a bit with the apple juice when you do start?
xxx

Also maybe bring his brekkie back a bit?

Toria Your already on 3 meals a day hun ?? I thought you were supossed to this only at 6 months ? oh well lol everything is diff now a days ..

I just got max on 3 meals a day started last week ..I introduced a bit of snacks(soft bites) and then gradually gave him some lunch like fruit or sometimes a spagetti ready made jar he loves that .. just take it one day at a time and once hes ready he will take to it np :)

She has been on 3 meals since 5 and a half months, she doesn't eat much though.

Also maybe bring his brekkie back a bit?

I was also going to suggest that. My boy gets his bottle between 6:15 and 6:30 and then his breakfast at 7am.

6:30: bottle
7:00: breakfast
10:00: bottle
12:00: fruit
14:00: bottle
5:30: Veggies
7:30: bottle

We are slowly increasing the amount of breakfast he has as per the instructions from the clinic. He is slowly but surely drinking less of his 10am bottle. I was told that once he only drinks +-3-4oz then I should cut it out completely and just give him some water.

This is working very well for us, but doesn't mean it will work for anyone else.

We are slowly increasing the amount of breakfast he has as per the instructions from the clinic. He is slowly but surely drinking less of his 10am bottle. I was told that once he only drinks +-3-4oz then I should cut it out completely and just give him some water.
This is working very well for us, but doesn't mean it will work for anyone else.

Oooh thats interesting sometimes Tabs only has 2-3 oz at the 10.30 but then she would go from 7.30am until 1.30 for milk,or should i bring her lunch forward a bit then?
Sorry Emma not hi-jacking lol

Thanks girls!!! i wont be increasing him just yet

tommy now goes 8 - 8 and hes on 3 meals a day...

our routine is
8 am: milk 7oz
11 half a jar of porridge or fruit and 5 oz of milk
1 7 oz of milk
3 fromage frais or half a jar of fruit or half a jar of dinner and 5 oz of milk
5.30 7 oz of milk
8pm rusk or fruit depending on what hes had for brekkie,

he now goes 8 - 8 and im lovin it...i will def no matter what he eats do as i did for maddison to try and keep her sleeping through the night give him porridge or a slow release food just before bed, my old doctor told me to give her ready brek, i did it and it worked!

h x

I agree with the porridge - although I tried C&G porridge, that worked, but now JAck has half a weetabix.
Jacks feeding schedule is like this (timings vary)
8.00 am, bottle
10.00a, 1/2 weetabix
12.00 bottle
1.00 1/2 jar of stage 2, & yogurt
4.00 bottle
5.00 1/2 jar of stage 2
7.00ish bottle with 1/2 weetabix right after.

Seems to work for us:)

our routine is
1 7 oz of milk
5.30 7 oz of milk

he now goes 8 - 8 and im lovin it...i will def no matter what he eats do as i did for maddison to try and keep her sleeping through the night give him porridge or a slow release food just before bed, my old doctor told me to give her ready brek, i did it and it worked!

h x

I have heard a couple of peeps on about fromage frais. Is that ok now and is it just like the petit filous kinda things or is there a special baby/plain type? sorry blonde moment!

i use little stars but petite filous is also good too. it is great when they have gone off milk as it boosts the calcium.

our routine is
1 7 oz of milk
5.30 7 oz of milk

h x

I have heard a couple of peeps on about fromage frais. Is that ok now and is it just like the petit filous kinda things or is there a special baby/plain type? sorry blonde moment!

yup the petis filous *sp* is fine tommy loves it!!

h x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->