Stuff I made that is not as good as Sara's!!!

K

kirsten1985

Lol, I made a taggy this morning and a nappy....first things I have ever made not including stuff at school, lol. I did them on my mums sewing machine, breaking 2 needles and rethreading the damn thing what seemed like every 2 mins. :rofl:

The taggy is made out of a cushion cover 'cos I thought it could be used as a toy bag when we go out, and also cos they had no fabric I liked :rofl:

https://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab231/freya100509/taggy020.jpg

https://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab231/freya100509/taggy021.jpg

https://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab231/freya100509/taggy022.jpg

:blush:

Kirsten, they are fab!!! The nappy looks cute and cuddly and using a cushion cover is a great idea! I haven't sewn anything in years...apart from attempting to make a nappy stacker while I was pregnant and bored on mat leave....needless to say the material/needles/pattern/cotton is still upstairs waiting for the sewing fairies to come and finish it off!!

that is soooooooooooooo good hun, what a good idea about the cusion cover!!!!! well done!!! oh n the nappy is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!! sooo fluffy

Lol, I thought it was ok 'til I saw your taggies!! They are brill :)

thanks hun :blush: yours are great too hun!! hopefully i'll get good enough to sell em on my website when its up n running!! n maybe a few before !!

your nappy is gorgeous!!!!! i'm v jealous!!

The nappy does look yummy, did you copy a pattern or just make it up?

:blush: I drew around one of my BGs!! He he, then I made a wodgy bit of fleece, sewed it together, put the wodgy bit of fleece in the middle and sewed round the edge of it. I attempted some elastic around the legs but it didn't go as well as I hoped!

I think I will try a proper pattern next time, but I kind of enjoy just making things up!

:)

:thumbup: they are fab!! i love the nappy,when i get my sewing machine i am going to attempt one too!!

I have been making my own wipes today and they have turned out ok i think, just brought a meter of blue fleece with sheep on for £6.99 and i have 2 white hand towels that i got from asda for 65p each and i am sewing a piece of fleece and towel together by hand-its taking me about 30-45 minutes to do each one, they dont look as neat as they would on the machine but hey they are only for wiping dirty bums so who cares!!:haha: i can get 16 decent sized wipes out of each towel!! ill have to take a photo and put it up tomorrow(camera is downstairs and i CBA to go fetch it!!lol)

be careful if your just sewing around the edges that they dont all come apart in the wash, towel isnt as strong as you might think

x

Look at your little diaper!!! I could NEVER in a million years even think of attempting that. You should be so proud of yourself!! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->