Stupid BCP - Desperate for . . .

scrunchie

Reaction score
:sex::sex::sex::sex:stupid bcp - desperate for :witch: or something!

I'm so frustrated and confused at the moment.
Came off BCP the end of November as we decided on ttc. Was on BCP for 8 years.
My cycle prior to being on BCP was regular enough and varied between 32 and 36 days.
Since November I have had one 46 day cycle, followed by a very light period and I am currently on my second cycle . . . today is day 88 . . . well it's after midnight so i suppose cd 89.
I have done 2 pregnancy tests and got :bfn:! and to be honest, i'm fairly sure i haven't even ovulated yet. (have been :sex: like rabbits - just in case!) :dance:
I understand that it may take my body a while to adjust to being off BCP but.
If I had known what I know now I would have gone off BCP much sooner!
Isn't hindsight a great thing! :dohh:
then, just to throw a spanner in the works and get me all hopeful, i had terrible (what i would consider to be) period pain/stomach cramps this weekend. i felt sick and my nipples are really sore . . . . was convinced :witch: was on her way. but nothing yet, not a sausage. :nope:
just don't know what's goin on with my body. appointment with doc on wednesday so hopefully will know more then
so sorry for the big long rant but i just had to, HAD TO vent.
it's just so flippin frustrating :hissy:
sorry . . . . again

please excuse the first four bd icons! was trying to figur out how to use icons! :blush: it reads funny though!!!! oops!

Aw hun I hope you get some answers from your doctor!! :hugs:

I stopped birth control and we switched to condoms for a couple of months while WTT, but even now I'm thinking I probably should have stopped it sooner, darn fake hormones and the things they do to our systems! I'll never go on it again, it'll be condoms in between babies and then hubby volunteered for a vasectomy after we've got our brood. :yipee:

Lots of babydancing is the way to go! I hope maybe you ovulated without knowing and caught that egg! Fingers crossed for you!! :dust:

Hi, I know how you feel. I have been on them for 7 years, since I stopped in November. I dont think that I will ever take them again.

And the annoying thing is, they don't tell you at the time when they give you them that it might happen - they should come with a health warning I think - "warning: might completely mess up your cycles/ovulation when you stop taking them because you actually want a baby"

If any of us knew what we know now would we have ever taken them in the first place or for so long as least?????

x

BCPs should have warning labels on them about how much they mess up your natural hormone levels! You would never take them if you knew in the future you wanted babies! I was like you first cycle off the bcp (cerazette) it was a very frustrating time.

Hugs and hope you get a bfp or af so you can start your next cycle!
Good luckxxx

Awww....I know how you feel!! I threw away the BCP june last year, used condoms for the first two cycles wich, miracoulously..., were normal, started TTC and now, nothing. Cycle 1 was 119 days, second one is now on day 68! My doc says the first two cycles probably weren't 'real', I think he means anovulatory, my body was just still in the BCP rythym.

I'm never going back on, it's charting and condoms for me between baby's! And I'll be sure to teach my daugther (if I'm lucky enough to have one) how her body works, and explain what hormones can do to it!

I know how you feel, stopped bcp end of august and had a withdrawal bleed end of september and then nothing for 150 days, i went to the docs for some tablets to bring on AF which worked, and have only just had my 1st natural AF 36 days later. I was also on it for 8 years, PM if you need to chat x

thank you all soooooo much for your support and advice!
felt very comforted by it & a little bit emotional! :cry: (hormones, maybe????)
i really appreciate your replies. it's nice to air your fears and worries with others on the same journey.
i agree with everyone; i'm NEVER using the contraceptive pill EVER again :nope:
the lack of information about its side-effects is non-existant and
if i am lucky to have any children i will make sure that they are extremely well informed when it comes to contraception and charting :amartass:
- boys and girls alike!
hoping with all my might to get some answers at the doctors tomorrow. also praying to God that there is nothing wrong. :(
thank you all again for your support. if any of ye ever need support, comfort, advice :help: or just a sympathetic ear,
i'll be more than happy to return the favour! :hugs:
will report back on doctor's appointment 2mro. fingers crossed.

Love and babydust to all

:hug: :dust:

Im with all of you girls... I stopped the pill in February, got my period on time, ovulated late. Very heavy period. This last period while on time was VERY light. I have a feeling my hormones are still off. Never going back on the pill again ! Someone should make a sticky with all the nasty bcp after effects !

Sometimes I wonder if its the length of time on BCP that causes issues. I was on and off BCP usually on for 2-3 years then off for a year or so, then back on, etc. And I always went back to a normal cycle as soon as I stopped.

Sometimes I wonder if its the length of time on BCP that causes issues. I was on and off BCP usually on for 2-3 years then off for a year or so, then back on, etc. And I always went back to a normal cycle as soon as I stopped.

Its a strange one. when i was waiting for AF i read that the more you go on and off it will mess your cycles up more, which is wrong obviously in your case hun. I guess its one of those things where 'everyone is different'. x

I guess its one of those things where 'everyone is different'. x

totally agree. the more i read of other people's experiences the more i'm realising that how our bodies react to coming off the pill is a very individual thing. suppose, we are all unique. so why would this be any different? :shrug:

Hi, ive been where you are right now!
I was on the pill for 9 years, when I came off it took 6 long mths for me to even have a period. I went to the Drs many times during that 6 mths and was told it can take up to a year before my periods would return. I was even told by one male Dr to be thankful I wasnt suffering from PMT! Eventualy after a lot of nagging I was sent for a blood test which they said had come back normal. When my priods did start again they were well over 50 days between each. I know how frustrating it is, but keep on at your doctor.

Went to the doctor today. I have to say he was brilliant, very thorough and I was very impressed with how he treated me.
He thinks I may have polycystic ovary syndrome. I was okay when I left the surgery, and upbeat when I told my husband on the phone . . . have gone downhill ever since! :cry:
I feel devastated. I know it's not the end of the world and that doc may be wrong but I’m still worried.

Took me a while to put up this post. Wasn’t ready to share straight away. :blush:

Doctor said he could give me something to kick start AF but he didn't want to just in case it would make things worse.
He's referring me on to a gynaecologist and also getting hubby to have semen analysis.
He said we may as well cover all bases now so that we know where we stand and so that hopefully when all the results come in we'll be able to relax knowing everything's ok and enjoy our ttc journey!

Gynae's secretary 2ring me 2mro 2give definite date. I assume there's a bit of a waiting list!!! Couldn't get Semen Analysis appointment til June 24th!!!!! And of course, hubby is soooooo looking forward 2 producing a sample!!!! LOL :rofl: Think he's fairly mortified! I shouldn't be laughing - that's mean. [-X When it's my turn to be examined I'm sure I won't exactly be delighted either!

Keep us updated on your appointments hun xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->