Stupid question alert!

AniMo2202

Reaction score
I know you usually date your pregnancy from the 1st day of your last period.If I go by that,I'm 6 weeks pregnant today.

But the doctor took a blood test on Friday and called yesterday,and said according to the results,I'm 2 weeks pregnant.

I assume this is from implantation?If so,how far along do I tell people I am?I'm only going for a scan at 8 weeks,which I know is when they can definitely tell the due date and such,but I know one of you ladies will be able to answer me.

PS.My LMP was 17 November and ovulated +- 4 December.

i don't know the answer to your actual question but my lmp was the 17th nov too :) haven't had any bloods taken yet, EDD 24th August :) x

i ovulated on the 4th december also and my LMP was 24th nov, if you ovulated on the 4th you would be the same as me which is 5+4
not sure why the doctor said you were 2 weeks pregnant unless you request another blood test or mabe your hcg levels are just lower im not sure

The dr must mean its 2 weeks since you ovulated, making you 4 weeks pregnant. Pregnancy is dated from the first day of your period and in a regular 28 day cycle you ovulate around day 14 and there get pregnant at 2 weeks. If that happened 2 weeks ago, you are 4 weeks. Hope that makes sense.

If you ovulated on the 4th December, you would be approx 5 weeks and 4 days (or 3 weeks and 4 days from conception) but it usually goes from your lmp even if you know when you ovulated, so you would most likely tell people you are 6w :flower:

Thanks guys!I'm just going to go by 6 weeks (from LMP) since I don't really know for sure when I ovulated.I might have O'd late,since I only got a BFP at CD38,where I usually have a 30 day cycle.

Also,my digital test said 2-3 weeks,which they said is converted to 4-5 weeks.If that makes sense,lol.

They can't tell from a blood test how far you are. It varies greatly from pregnancy to pregnancy. The only way they may change it is U/S.

I know you usually date your pregnancy from the 1st day of your last period.If I go by that,I'm 6 weeks pregnant today.

But the doctor took a blood test on Friday and called yesterday,and said according to the results,I'm 2 weeks pregnant.

I assume this is from implantation?If so,how far along do I tell people I am?I'm only going for a scan at 8 weeks,which I know is when they can definitely tell the due date and such,but I know one of you ladies will be able to answer me.

PS.My LMP was 17 November and ovulated +- 4 December.

2 weeks gestational is actually 4 weeks pregnant in pregnant land...(best way to put it)..

if u want wait or go by ur lmp..so harm as no matter what ur due date is a gustimate... u have two weeks before and two weeks after it as a safe time to deliver

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->