Stupid question but humour me

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Minnie_me, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Minnie_me

Minnie_me Well-Known Member

Do you have to lose your plug before your waters go? I'm thinking the plug would stop the waters leaking out or is that nonsense? :shrug:

2. babynmee

babynmee Well-Known Member

huh thats a good question that i dont know the answer to sorry but im gunna check in to see if anyoneelse knows

3. Cattia

Cattia Well-Known Member

I'mnot sure, but I never realised I was losing my plug last time. I just had a bit of slightly pinky discharge, but not the jelly like stuff that I have seen other people talk about. My waters also didn't break until I was well into established labour.

4. R J 1980

R J 1980 Well-Known Member

Not sure; with my son my waters were leaking for a couple of days-heavy at the end- and I never had signs of losing my plug.

5. Parkep

Parkep Very happy mom

No you dont dont i am pretty sure you can loose it all at once (water and plug), and i know your plug doesnt keep your waters in the plug is just to keep infection out. The membranes hold your waters in. :)

6. Zarababy1

Zarababy1 4 boys. TTC #5

no you dont, i didnt loose my plug or have any indication my waters were going to brake with my first i got off the toilet and it gushed everywhere! the 2nd time i lost loads and loads of plug but my waters didnt brake untill 30mins before he was born and that was because the midwife broke them! also, if you do loose your plug, it can grow back :) x

7. marnie79

marnie79 Well-Known Member

i have to say that in three previous pregnancies 1 with waters breaking at home i have never seen the plug !! so god knows when i ever lost them lol, u never know maybe ill spot it this time round xx

8. sazloveschris

sazloveschris Active Member

both times my waters broke first and the plug did not shed until during active labour itself! hope that answers ya!