Stupid question but humour me

Minnie_me

Reaction score
Do you have to lose your plug before your waters go? I'm thinking the plug would stop the waters leaking out or is that nonsense? :shrug:

huh thats a good question that i dont know the answer to sorry but im gunna check in to see if anyoneelse knows

I'mnot sure, but I never realised I was losing my plug last time. I just had a bit of slightly pinky discharge, but not the jelly like stuff that I have seen other people talk about. My waters also didn't break until I was well into established labour.

Not sure; with my son my waters were leaking for a couple of days-heavy at the end- and I never had signs of losing my plug.

No you dont dont i am pretty sure you can loose it all at once (water and plug), and i know your plug doesnt keep your waters in the plug is just to keep infection out. The membranes hold your waters in. :)

no you dont, i didnt loose my plug or have any indication my waters were going to brake with my first i got off the toilet and it gushed everywhere! the 2nd time i lost loads and loads of plug but my waters didnt brake untill 30mins before he was born and that was because the midwife broke them! also, if you do loose your plug, it can grow back :) x

i have to say that in three previous pregnancies 1 with waters breaking at home i have never seen the plug !! so god knows when i ever lost them lol, u never know maybe ill spot it this time round xx

both times my waters broke first and the plug did not shed until during active labour itself! hope that answers ya!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->