Stupid Things You Did With New Baby

Believed other people when they said he had wind or colic before eventually twigging I had an over tired grumpy baby on my hands. And winding him was making him worse.

believed in colic
ate dairy products while breastfeeding
left her cradle cap be
didn't teach her to use a bottle or paci

:wacko: Whaddya meaaan?!
Jake had colic. x

I think she's referring to believing that colic is just "incurable" crying for no reason. I think (and babyjiva as well I assume) that there is ALWAYS a reason, always a source, always a cure, but 'colic' is just a term written when doctors can't find that solution.

Doctors call colic when an otherwise healthy baby cries 3+ hours for no reason. I don't think it's possible to cry for no reason, but we just don't know what that reason is!!

It's a bit of semantics...
:thumbup: it's a strange one... we changed jake over to 'anti colic' milk and it sorted him out properly. im so sure it has something to do with an immature gut!

Tried to put her in all those fancy clothes, even if we were just bumming around the house :dohh: ...vest, frilly dress, cardi, nappy, knickers, socks + a 3/4 week old baby = lots of crying.

On our first outing with mads we didn't have the formula pots, so i took the whole tub of aptamil, and yep it went all over the back seat of the car :blush::dohh: why it never occurred to me to sterilise a Tupperware box i'll never no :lol:
Oh and we also left her birth cert. AND all the documents in the car park after we registered her :dohh: didn't realise till we got home, luckily hubby went back and a kind man had rescued them for her!

we were so up in the air then after my em c-section :rofl:

Tried to put her in all those fancy clothes, even if we were just bumming around the house :dohh: ...vest, frilly dress, cardi, nappy, knickers, socks + a 3/4 week old baby = lots of crying.

Oh my god I so did this!

Also - on her first day home putting the heating on, putting her in a long-sleeved vest, thick socks, mitts and an outfit, then wrapping her in a thick blanket.

In June.

I was sitting there in my knickers and vest, weak and near death from the warmth, when I realised I was being ridiculous and that Madeline needed just one extra layer than me, and did not need to be wrapped up like she was about to head off on an arctic expedition.

LOL the wrapping up thing!
I did this with Jake too!! The midwife came to visit like... he doesn't need all those blankets!!

Oh my god I so did this!

Also - on her first day home putting the heating on, putting her in a long-sleeved vest, thick socks, mitts and an outfit, then wrapping her in a thick blanket.

In June.

I was sitting there in my knickers and vest, weak and near death from the warmth, when I realised I was being ridiculous and that Madeline needed just one extra layer than me, and did not need to be wrapped up like she was about to head off on an arctic expedition.

That's funny cause I know Madeline and Alexandre were born on the same day, except I was too scared to hurt his shoulder so he was always naked in a diaper and looking back he was sooooooooooo cold. Two new moms, both clueless, different ways, LOL.

lol i did the wrapping up thing too! she even had a snow suit, born on the 1st of july :dohh::dohh:

My OH was just doing Ruby's vest up once when she was tiny and I was like, 'aren't you going to put a nappy on?'
We also bought stupid clothes and quite often abandoned the idea of them halfway through trying to put them on (like things with buttons up the back!) we've got a photo of Ruby where you can see all these silly clothes dumped on the floor!

Put him into the swing to sleep next to a 60" plasma TV with a blaring movie and wonder why he wouldn't go to sleep and was hysterically overstimulated.QUOTE]

We did this and wondered why he just cried constantly at night time! What idiots we were!!! I feel sad with guilt now when I look back at that! I only realised the problem when we had to spend a few nights in hospital due to his SR. On our departure I got into the car and said to my hubby " We are a couple of dickheads, this baby is going into his room tonight without fail"! That day we moved everything out of the nursery and put him in his room at 8 weeks, have not looked back since!

We even used to drag him in his moses basket into the kitchen to slepp under the BLOODY SPOT LIGHTS!!! Agh...Dicks!

Okay I did something REALLY stupid once...when he was about 3 weeks old and I'd just began FF after failing at BF.
You know those little pots which you put the right amount of scoops of formula in so it's ready to just tip into the water when you're on the go etc? Well my mum made lots up for me to make things easier so I didn't have to spend ages sorting bottles, and she put all the bottles all ready with the right amount of water for me.
Well basically each pot had 5 scoops and each bottle had 5 oz of water.
I really wasn't thinking and thought, "okay so 5 plus 5 right?" and blankly poured 5 POTS of formula into the one bottle of water....
So that was 25 scoops into one bottle of 5 oz! And then I wondered why the bottle was just pureed gloop....
Then it clicked. DUH each pot had 5 scoops already so I only needed one!Thank god I didn't give it to him! :dohh:

Take too much for a short trip
Too little for a long one
Visit a ski resort in jan with an 8w old, snow ice n pushchairs?

i always take too much stuff and extra bottles 'just in case'

when tyler was a baby and the night he came home from scbu he was crying 20mins b4 his feed, i didnt know what was wrong, the nurse came in and said 'its ok to give him a feed 20mins early'

i thought he had to have it dead on time :dohh:

only one for me is not feeding her more in hospital. She screamed and screamed but I just kept thinking she only fed X mins ago.

This thread made me giggle!! I've also done the 'forgot to change the nappy' thing when she was crying and then realised ages after!!

I didn't realise that nappies still feel dry even when they're wet so for the first week I hardly ever changed her nappy and thought that she couldn't be eating enough cos she wasn't making enough wet nappies in a day!

when he was in NICU he was fed on a schedule and all through the night he had to be woken up for a feed, well i didnt realise that once we were home i could stop and kept setting my alarm at 2hour intervals to feed him :dohh: he was sooooooo grumpy only stopped when the mw came 2 days later.

<3

On the first night home I couldnt stop her crying, OH was asleep and I just sat on the end of the bed crying with LO screaming. OH woke up and I told him I was a terrible mum and we shouldnt have had a baby :dohh:

I didnt know you had to burp a baby after every feed!

Put a nappy on backwards

Didnt realise it wasnt ok for my less that 24hr old baby to go 10 hrs without a feed (in my defence, she was asleep!)

I didnt know you had to burp a baby after every feed!

omg I did this too :wacko: And mine had bad reflux. I didn't know until day 4 when we finally went to the emergency room as he screamed for like 20 hours straight and the emergency doctor asked us how often we burped him... OH and I looked at each other, went bright red, and said "every feed" :kiss: (Like telling the dentist you brush 3x a day and don't eat candy)

:nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"