Style of Cloth Diapers

mommy2be412

Reaction score
I am leaning towards cloth diapering and wondering which style people prefer. I know there are flats, pre-folds, pockets, all in ones, amongst others I'm probably forgetting. I feel overwhelmed with all the brands and different style, which are most popular and why? Just wanting some opinions so I can at least get on a path on what to get. =)

I'll be using prefolds/covers when I'm taking care of her, pockets for when family & DH take care of her (easier for them to figure out than prefolds), and sposies when she's at daycare. :)

I'm planning on using prefolds with a wrap from little lamb, not that cheap but it's the one that's been suggested to me most :). I'm gonna use a mixture of cotton and micro fibre to try and get ones that dry well but keep soft.
However I'm totally new to everything nappy wise inc putting them on :/.

I use AIO's and pocket nappies. Mostly Tots Bots, Bum Genius and Pop n Gro. Tots Bots are my favourite because they are so simple and the V3's dry quickly. I've never had a leak with them or the BG's. I have a few Little Lambs and wraps for when LO is teeny but I don't like using 2 part systems (just more work to get on a wriggly baby and I don't like reusing the wraps as they get stinky) so as soon as s/he is big enough they'll be going into DS's BTP nappies :).

I'm a noob who plans to cloth diaper, too. I have a stash of prefolds with covers as well as about 14 newborn size all in ones in different brands like Grovia, Fuzzibuns, Swaddlebees, and Little Joeys. I'm sure some of these will not work for us as well as others, but hopefully by having different types something will work.

I found this page very helpful when deciding as it shows newborns of different sizes in lots of different styles of diapers:

https://www.greenmountaindiapers.com/newborn_baby_diapers.htm

Their "new to cloth" info page is informative as well:

https://www.greenmountaindiapers.com/newmom.htm

I think what works well with one family won't with another. It has a lot to do with preference and a lot to do with what fits your baby (not all styles work well on all babies). Trying a few different styles and brands is a good idea rather then buying all the same type before trying them on your baby.

I will be using pockets and AIO's. My reason for this is because I tried a lot of different brands and styles with my son and I like how easy pockets and AIO's are. I am staying away from cheaper brands this time too because they didn't work well for us at all. I didn't stick with cloth nappies with my son because they were all useless and all leaked without exception but this time I know I really have to get newborn sizes. In newborn size I will be getting AIO's and pockets but will also get some flat nappies with wraps too so I can get a good fit if I have another small baby.

I'm using flats and covers for the NB stage. As soon as he is big enough I will be using a combo of All in 2's and pockets. I still need more flats/prefolds to complete my stash.

Before my daughter was born we bought a few different brands and styles but have found we prefer pockets better. Prefolds and covers never really worked well with our daughter and AIO's were too bulky if they needed a little extra boosting. With pockets we can boost to suit our daughters needs, she needs less in the afternoon than the morning.

I also recommend bamboo charcoal inserts, they are great! I buy mine from tinynippers, she uses what she sells on her own children, is great at answering questions and delivery is speedy xx

I'm going to start with mostly flats, prefolds and PUL covers (Swaddlebees, Thirsties, Bumkins). Some prefolds will be bamboo cotton. I'm going to get bamboo fleece liners too. I might try one AIO and AI2, but they seem more expensive and are thicker so drying time will take longer.

I'm using covers with prefolds used as "liners" inside for daytime and using pocket diapers with homemade microfiber inserts covered in organic bamboo fleece. I get away with this because my son's poos are solid, but I do need to learn how to fold a prefold and use it as an actual diaper for when he's sick and especially for my newborn. Those are very, very, very absorbent, and I don't need anything that thick during the day because I change LO frequently. I also bought all one-size diapers so I can use them once my newborn gets a little bigger AND my toddler can use them, too.

I used prefolds and covers at first with LO..Kawaii and FLIPs were my favs....I eventually turned my prefolds into inserts just by layering and sewing them coz it coz tiring having to fold fold fold like 36 flats each time I did laundry lol...once she got older though and was moving around more I started adding in pockets and now we are all pockets because with the covers and stuff if they move the inserts get all moved around too and its hard to keep them straight and not bunched up when putting on a wiggly baby....LO is special needs now and will still be in diapers even when weight wise she is too big for the clothes so she is now in sposies and we'll be using cloth pockets for the twins when they are about 2 months old or so....whenever they fit into our onesize ones...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->