• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Subfertile in Northern Ireland HELP

Kat Steele

Reaction score
I'm very active on another forum, I just appear to be the only person from Northern Ireland on it . I posted this somewhere else because I didn't realise there was a UK section, so many apolgies!

I'm approaching the 2 year TTC mark and finally bit the bullet and went to the GP to admit my failures... and basically cry.

DH was given a referral for a SA, a cup and was told to provide a sample and take it to the Regional Fert. Centre at the Royal. That sounded a bit iffy and after calling the clinic (and being told off by someone who obviously doesn't need anymore coffee) were told to post them the referral. they said it would take 3-4 weeks to get an appointment but I have a feeling i've just posted the form to a dead end.

GP sent me for bloods which all came back "fine" but for a "slightly raised" prolactin level. GP has now referred me to the Ulster hospital for ???.

SO, does this sum up the general situation in NI? Anything I should know or do?

Basically, at this point this is what I want to happen (LOL)
I want to get a hsg done, will ulster do that?
I want to know what's going on RE me prolactin.
I want DH to get his SA.

Any idea on how long I can expect for these things to happen? Or should I sell the house and go knocking on Origins door? (I've heard they're also a bit shite, so not sure I want to pay for the pleasure)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->