Success stories with Male Factor Infertility

thank you little R :hugs:

congratulations hasti! :hugs: what was your OH's count and motility?

I'm loving this thread :)

Yep, ours was a natural cycle which was successful, dh on vitamins since dec last year or so... What's your journey so far caz?

Hi Rat - thanks for your response. Well we have been actively TTC No. 2 for 15 months. In June my hubby was diagnosed with low morphology (2 %), but a very high count (417 million) and good motility. Again, the advise was IVF, but we arent covered for IVF (we are in the states now) so it just really isnt an option.
I must add that we have not had one + hpt in this time. Thats not for a lack of testing, either.

I am just feeling very bleh about the whole process and just wanted to hear if it is at all possible. What gets me, is that my son, was a complete surprise, so I dont understand how that can happen so easily and now we struggle so much.

Anyone else have any motivating stories to share?

thank you little R :hugs:

congratulations hasti! :hugs: what was your OH's count and motility?

I'm loving this thread :)

thanks foquita :)
his had 3 SA they were 1m - 5m- 18m. that was a little bit strange to have that much difference result :wacko:
and his motility was 90% all the time. we also used pressed as lubricant because his volume was not good either.
i should say he is happy we are pregnant naturally and he made it :haha:

My DH had a morphology of 1% a year ago. It was at a high stress time in his life, working crazy hours overnight as a manager in retail. And he was smoking at the time. We had also not done the BD for over a week as I had AF.
A friend of ours who is an herbalist recommended a few supplements for him including zinc, prosta palmetto, and milk thistle.
He won't go back to get tested again because he hated the experience of giving a sample, but we've kind of decided not to worry about his side of things. I have PCOS and we seem to be finally making progress in getting my body working correctly, so we're "giving his sperm up to God" haha, and not worrying about it.

Thought I'd give an update.... 3days ago I finally got my bfp after ttc for 2yrs. OH has low sperm count. It can happen.

He started taking maca and zinc and also wore no boxers. I'm sure the vitamins helped. Good luck to u all and keep positive I never thought I would ever get a bfp and have xxx

Thought I'd give an update.... 3days ago I finally got my bfp after ttc for 2yrs. OH has low sperm count. It can happen.

He started taking maca and zinc and also wore no boxers. I'm sure the vitamins helped. Good luck to u all and keep positive I never thought I would ever get a bfp and have xxx

Yeah. congratulations. H & H :cloud9:

Congratulations to all of the ladies that got BFP despite the male factor challenges!! :happydance::happydance:

This thread gives me alot of hope!!!I love reading the success stories!!! :thumbup:

My DH has a low sperm count after getting a 14 year old vasectomy reversed. It has been almost 3 years since his was reversed. I recently had surgery also, a hysteroscopy to remove a polyp in my uterus, and a laparascopy to make sure my second tube wasn't blocked, I now have 2 open tubes!! My DR discovered scar tissue and endometriosis and everything got cleaned up/ removed, I am eager to start TTC again and almost all healed up sine my surgery, and hoping that despite DH's low #'s I can get my BFP. We are going to do a few rounds of timed :sex: with clomid and than a few rounds of IUI.

I also have my DH on fertility vitamins for men and they did help improve my DH's count and motility!! I highly recommend vitamin supplements to any one that has a man with low numbers, it really does help, and it has helped my DH!!His second SA showed improvent and got high enough for us to qualify for IUI.

Here is a link to a thread of ladies that have men that had vasectomy reversals, and their OH's had low sperm counts, and there have been many success stories with some men with pretty low numbers... I just thought I would share!!:flower:

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/t...ersal-wives-girlfriends-club-aka-vr-wags.html

Wannabeprego, which vitamins did he take?

Here is a link to the vitamins below for you that have worked with improving my DH's motility and count!! I have him on a higher does that the instruction to help improve his numbers even more, he takes 3 instead of 2 a day!! I would recommend taking 3 to 4 a day if there is a short period of time and you need to get the numers up quickly or even just for better results!!:thumbup:

The first time he did an SA after his reversal surgery he had less than 5 million count and only 36% motility and we weren't even eligile for IUI because his sperm count was too low. He started taing the vitamins about a month before his second SA at the 3 a day dose and he had 6.5million sperm and 65% motility, so it was a big improvement and we became eligible to qualify to do IUI!!!

Fertility Blend for Men

https://www.amazon.com/Daily-Wellne...8&qid=1346631216&sr=1-2&keywords=fertil+blend

Congrats!!!! Thats great news!

Congrats!!! Was there anything u did different at this time? Hubby and I are going thru same.. We're currently on vitamins and ahve tried both Ivf+icsi nad now last 2 IUI..
Hope to hear from u..

Fertility blend is good... I've seen some increase in DH sa too.. Wishing u the best!

I love this thread and it makes me feel a little better!

We have been TTC for 15th months. All of my tests came back normal, but hubby's SA was overall good except for his morphology which was 0% we were told our best option is IVF with ICSI. He is going to retake the test next month, but I am just so upset!! ARGH!!!! We have an appointment with the endocrinologist in January!

I am so glad I found this thread! My DH has low morphology at 1-2% and I get really down thinking it might never happen for us. Thank you for this thread! It reminds me that we are still early in our journey, which is far from over! :flower:

Hi everyone! I just want to encourage everyone that struggles with MFI with my story. We found out in October that DH had low count and motility (only 6.2 million and 17% motility) at that point we'd been doing Clomid rounds with our OBGYN (which wasn't really going well either, I only O'd once during the three rounds we took it) If I don't take fertility meds, I have anovulatory cycles. So, DH's MFI really compounded our problems!

After discovering we had MFI, my OBGYN referred us to an RE. I felt pretty down after doing research on MFI and reading everywhere that there's really nothing you can do. I did read though about Fertilaid for Men. I did tons of reasearch and everywhere I read it got rave reviews. So, I decided, hey what do we have to lose?

DH started taking Fertilaid for Men, CountBoost, and MotilityBoost in mid-October. In mid-November we started our first round of Femara and on December 1 we did our first IUI. (6 weeks after starting the Fertilaid) DH went early to drop off his sample and we went to breakfast, feeling pretty anxious. We were ready to walk in there and hear the worst!

When we got there my RE came in and shared the good news, DH's count had gone up to 13 million and his motility was up to 50%!!!! After washing the sperm we were left with 5 million very healthy sperm.

We were elated and our RE told us with numbers like that we had a very good chance of getting pregnant within 3 rounds of IUI. We couldn't believe the results we saw in just 6 weeks, I couldn't imagine what another six weeks would do!

To our surprise, we found out last week (Dec. 10) that I'm pregnant!!! We were in shock. The only thing I can attribute our success to was the Fertilaid, we hadn't really changed anything else about our lifestyle.

I hope this offers all of you ladies hope, I know when we first found out about DH's MFI I thought that was the end, I felt so incredibly hopeless. There are solutions though, don't listen to the negative people out there that say you have no hope!!

I'm praying that everyone who struggles with male factor their BFPs very soon!!!

wonderful thread!

Thank you for sharing your positive results with Fertilaid. My DH was on wellmen conception for almost a year but unfortunately his count was still depressingly low at less than 3 million, recently I put him on Fertilaid for Men and CountBoost, really hoping this can make a difference.

i only wish mine would take it. his count is 9 and has low morf and motility but wont take any supplements!
it could be such any easy fix

congrats to you!

it took me over a year to persuade my DH to take supplements, at first he started taking them a couple of times a week and then gradually moved to taking them almost every day. but it's pretty much me driving the process. unless I get him at the right moment ready with the supplements and a glass of water (right temperature mind you otherwise not a chance) I am now trying to get him to do acupuncture but I do not think he will ever be persuaded

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->