Such thing as TOO small? :/

C

Chelsea.ann1

So I've always heard that it's normal not to show until way later with your first pregnancy.. However, looking at all these bump posts is starting to worry me. Everyone seems to have all these beautiful baby bumps by the time they're as far along as I am- even all the fellow first timers. People still can't tell I'm pregnant unless they know what I normally look like :[ I'm sure I'm just worrying about nothings as I can feel my daughter move around and everythings been good so far... But I can't help it :[

I'm very excited to have a big obvious and probably uncomfortable baby belly!!!

Please tell me I'm being ridiculous!

-my pics make me look bigger than in person

totally normal to feel that way, I think at one time or another we have all posted about how envious we were about fellow ladies love bumps :D yours will come and you'll be just as uncomfortable as everyone else, don't worry! :flower:

Its normal to look small, especially (from your pic) you have a small build, don't worry youll eventually "pop" an out of nowhere you will have a big tummy.
BUT if you still worried talk to your doctor

Lol that's exactly what I needed to hear.. just a little reassurance! It seems as if every thought might be the end of the world now!!!! Damn hormones :)

HA hormones they suck not to long ago i cried because i spilled drink in the fridge

I'm 15 1/2 weeks and i'm not showing at all :( not even a mini bump! I have 5 co-workers at work that are between 15-19 weeks preggo and they all big bumps :/ at first i was into it. like heck ya i'm not gonna have a big belly but now i'm thinking...wheres my baby-belly lol. I had a tummy tuck so that might be part of why nothings popped yet..

BigZai- Haha yea forreal right?! I cried when i was putting a cup with a cute picture on it in the microwave! I couldn't do it my sister had to lol:blush:

TiffanyF- Yea... part of me is relieved I probably won't be too big for the summer... as i'll be starting my 3rd tri at the end of the month n i'm already miserably hot :[ But part of me wants my belly to come!! I have a few friends too who are soooo much bigger one of them is only 17 weeks and she has her first stretch mark on her tummy! the other is 26 weeks (2 weeks ahead of me) and she's HUGEEEE

You may just have tight muscles that hold your uterus in and are keeping you from popping quite yet. I'm sure you have had an ultrasound and they measured the baby, thats a better indicator of growth than just looking at your belly. Yes, you are small, but at least growing!

Yea I'm grateful for the little pooch I am getting.. as it is the start of something!
That's very true... The u/s tech was never concerned and my dr hasn't been, I guess that's what I should keep in mind.

I had a friend that was 5 weeks behind me in my first pregnancy... she said if she didn't know she was pregnant, she would never have guessed. You absolutely couldn't tell, right up until the very end. Her little girl is perfectly healthy and was a good size a birth!

Wow, those stories never fail to amaze me! Seems impossible that a baby could hide all the way through :]

OMG, im the same way girl its rather frusterating, im only 16 weeks but Ive always been so tiny with abbs and everything so I figured Id show right away but its total opposite. People are like are you sure your preg? Im like YES jeez! Me and OH got a doppler to help reassure us that there is a LO in there, just doesnt wanna show yet!

haha yea you'll probably make it all the way to your 3rd tri without showing like I seem to be!!! lol it is totallyyy frustrating, it's annoying all the weird looks i get when i tell them how far along I am! Why would I make that up?!

you are bigger in your avatar than i was with my 1st. my stomach was totally flat until 25 weeks and i stayed pretty neat. she was a 6lber and totally fine.

Yea people keep telling me on facebook that I look way smaller in person but good that's very reassuring it's surprising how long they can hide... I'm just very much looking forward to a big bump also..

I totally agree with Lovingmommy10. I've always had a tiny build, really thin and athletic my whole life, so I thought for sure my belly would pop out and really start showing early--in contrast to the rest of me, but NOPE! I'm 19 weeks, and everyone keeps asking when I'm going to show! Aargh. I'm starting to wear tighter shirts, in hopes that I look more preggers, but I guess I have to be patient. The only time my belly really shows is right after I eat, but in the morning, just a tiny bulge. Ha! I guess all in all, we could be considered lucky?!

And, by the way, your picture is totally adorable!

No such thing as too small - I think you look perfect and like I did with my first baby.

Folk were always expecting that as I was slim/flat tummy that I would show early. Folk couldnt tell I was pregnant til past 25wks, although folk that knew me well would be able to tell.

I am now 17wks with my 2nd, Anna is 16 months, and I still have no bump! I know everyone is different, but it amazes me how people can be showing as early as 17wks - there is nowhere for baby to hide in me yet I have no bump and am not carrying any excess weight either!!

You said your friend has her first stretch mark on her tummy at 17wks - dont be jealous of that!

I got none with my first, and dont plan on having any this time!:flower:

oh gosh dont be eager to have a huge bump theyre not comfortable and at times it hurts lol

i wish i had your figure right now *green eyes are glowing*

Some womens pregnancies grow more inward than outward, keeping their bumps nice and neat xxx

I'm only just getting people looking at my bump so don't worry :)

Be happy you can still do your shoes up and pick things off the floor ;)

Have to agree with Maman on this one lol. So jealous of a neat lil bump, I started to show about 2 weeks ago, it just popped out one day and has been growing steadily ever since! I am 15 weeks but I look about 5 months - ok if you like not fitting in any normal clothes but not quite big enough for maternity clothes and I know I am just going to get bigger!! And I started off size 8 (UK) with a flat tum too!! The unfairness of it all!!! LMAO!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->