Sucking on nipple

Elmo5

Reaction score
I am still suffering on one breast.

I place her on the breast and the first few sucks are good, then she releases the latch so she can suck on my nipple instead.

If I take her off whilst she is still on the strong sucking stage I can place her back on. So it is on off on off all the time. When she gets to the slow sucks and if I take her off to reattach/ then she goes on strike, so I normally leave her on through the pain to make sure she gets the fatty milk she requires which is not good. Also if I don't leave her on she is wanting to feed every hour on that side rather than every three hours.

The pain shoots right up my breast, and if my elbow is touching the back of the settee I can feel it through there too. Finally when she realises my nipple comes out pointy and stinging :(

This breast seems to have a very small nipple compared to the other, and also my flow is too fast for her. So she also makes the cluck sound loosing the latch when it comes out too fast (both sides, which is also painful). I am guessing she prefers the nipple as it is slower? I am at a loss what to do and it is really starting to get me down.

I make sure she empties the first breast, which she never does so I never offer a second. She normally has the first breast for about 3hrs at a time. Also when she does loose the latch I take her off, and manually express until it is not shooting across the room (the screaming I get from her whilst I do that is upsetting though)

Anyone had similar any advice? It is really getting me down. At two months on surely it should be enjoyable by now.

Are there any support groups near you? I think you need to get someone to check you latch. Is probably not a good idea to leave lo feeding with a bad latch as this will cause damage to you. A good latch will also improve feeding time. 3 hours is a long time, is she really feeding for that long or just comfort suckling
Hope you got some answers soon x

Also if I don't leave her on she is wanting to feed every hour on that side rather than every three hours.

Sorry I didn't really phrase that right, I can see where the confusion came.

She is guzzler and feeds anywhere between 5-20mins,

I meant if I don't leave her on she wants to feed another hour later, rather than going her usual three hours between feeds.

If you express from the left one, would that help you to ease the pain? and also try other positions on that boob too? find one where she can latch on better?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->