Sudden off/on Stomach Cramps - 8 weeks

lauraloo24

Reaction score
To start off, i saw bean yesterday, measuring bang on dates with strong heartbeat.

But today on two occasions I've had really quite painful stomach cramps, they go after just a few seconds but really uncomfortable. Anyone else get these? Could they be growing pains or just gas or something? :blush:

I do, most of the time it's followed by farts. Sometimes later in the day or the next day I go number 2. I M guessing that's what mine are from. It's possible it could be gas!

Haha Koifish, yes thats what I'm thinking they are! Don't remember them from my first pregnancy so I'm obviously more gassy this time round lol.

I'm on my 3rd and what you're describing does feel like the growing pains.
They can be quite painful at times.
I'm having some rather sharp ones myself now at 9 weeks and I have been since around 5 weeks

My vote is trapped wind too. Delightful eh! I had the same thing during part of 1st tri.

Do you find you get them when you stand up or roll over or sneeze etc? I used to get incredibly sharp cramping pains in the first & second tri when I did any of those things! They eased off until very recently where they seem to have come back with avengeance when rolling or sneezing! And now the cramping lasts a good 5 minutes as well :-/ I think it's just pelvic pain. Not pleasant though!

Thanks everyone for your replies. sonnyh come to think of it they have happened a few times when I'm in bed in the morning and I roll over. You're right it's not at all pleasant!

I've been getting some pains, sometimes they make me need the toilet (sorry tmi) but i found that when i was pregnant with my 2 DDs, i was walking to the shops the other day and i had like a heavy feeling at the bottom of my stomach too and made me feel like i was walking funny because it was just a bit uncomfortable. x

Oh, nooo. I've had the WORST gas this pregnancy. The pains were so bad that it would feel like contractions. I was so scared in the beginning when they were that bad. I'm almost 28 weeks now. I'm still just as gassy, but the pains are different now. Way higher up. Still painful... but manageable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->