sudocrem etc

spacebaby

Reaction score
How often should you use it? Every time you change a nappy?

we only used sudocream/diaper rash cream when we thought it was needed (if she was red etc.) But when she was little we did put vaseline on her bum for every diaper change. It formed a barrier and also made cleaning the poo diapers easier :lol:

sudocrem is medicated so only use when theres irritation

I agree it should only be used when required, and even then, just a thin layer, as a thick layer can cause more trouble!

we only used sudocream/diaper rash cream when we thought it was needed (if she was red etc.) But when she was little we did put vaseline on her bum for every diaper change. It formed a barrier and also made cleaning the poo diapers easier :lol:

We've found this too, vaseline is brilliant for a barrier cream and stops most poop actually getting on the skin so makes clean up much easier!!

Bepanthen reckons it's mild enough for use at every change.

From the Sudocrem website (www.sudocrem.co.uk)
Sudocrem can be applied at every nappy change, but please remember to only apply a thin layer as a little Sudocrem goes a long, long way.

That said, I'm with the other ladies that it could be better to save it for when/if your LO starts to show signs of nappy rash.

i only use a tiny bit when it is required ( if he is looking red) - only suposed to use a very thin layer otherwise it can block the nappy ( apparently if it shows white on the skin there is too much , should be just a thin clear film) anyway
my lo is 21 months and i have only just run out of that tiny little free pot they give you in the bounty bag when lo is born , lol. ( and he emptied half of that out a few months ago sticking his fingers in it) as he has never had a severe nappy rash, i just use a tiny bit if he starts to looks red and it has usually cleared by the next change :)

my lo is 21 months and i have only just run out of that tiny little free pot they give you in the bounty bag when lo is born , lol. ( and he emptied half of that out a few months ago sticking his fingers in it) as he has never had a severe nappy rash, i just use a tiny bit if he starts to looks red and it has usually cleared by the next change :)

I was just thinking about that, I am still on the teeny pot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->