• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Suffering with Thrush :-( help!

jess_smurf

Angel Kristian & Olivia
Reaction score
I have been suffering with thrush from 4 weeks pregnant (now 6 months)
I have been perscribed canestan(sp?) twice and its still really bad!!!

Its so embarassing I am constantly itchy and its now really getting me down. Is there anything else i can do/ or ask for at the doctors as its just not working. It stops itching while applying the cream as soon as I run out or forget to apply I am itchy

Its just really getting me down as heard if still have it while in labour can be passed to babies mouth and make breast feeding harder :hissy:

I am just so fed up of it :cry:

Natural yoghurt from supermarket cools and sooves xx

my doctor told me i had thrush even though i had no itching or anything and they gave me a pessary a pill to insert vaginally and far as i know, is gone. maybe that will help. x

Baking soda baths.. My doctor hates to over prescribe her patients so when i got another infection she told me to dump a box of baking soda in a bath for the next few days. 1st bath already worked. You kinda gotta woosh it around your "area " a bit. I also tried original yogurt. it does do its job but so messy.

Tea tree oil in your bath can soothe it, wearing loose cotton knickers - and washing all your undies at 60 degrees to kill the yeast is a start. And if you get some acidophilus tablets from the chemist or hollands and barrets - they really help treat it if you have a chronic case like yours. You also should perhaps see if you can get a week long course of canestan pessaries to attack it super-style!! xxx

hey I am suffering too and it just wont shift. Its not bad enough for me to go docs with it tho.. just odd itch and sensative 'down there'

I would really like to try that bath.. Baking soda.. is that the same as baking powder I have in the cupboard?? lol

Hi Hun, I can totally sympathise with you, I've had it for 5 weeks now, my doctor didn't treat it properly and I ended up in assessment, it got very severe, Canesten didn't work for me, neither did yoghurt, Consultant at hospital gave me a Clotrimazole Pessary and cream, and it's worked, the inside has cleared up, still using cream though as I don't want it to come back. Worth asking about.
Wear loose cotton knickers and avoid tight trousers. Also avoid scented baths xox

hi

had pessary twice I have to constantly wash to help the itching stop. think baby is sapping my good bateria

I just get so annoyed with it :hissy: will speak to m/w in a few weeks and see what she suggests

I've had it lots during pregnancy too. The canesten treatment works for me but once I stop using it it seems to come back. I only wear cotton pant and don't have scented baths but nothing seems to prevent it :hugs:

hey I am suffering too and it just wont shift. Its not bad enough for me to go docs with it tho.. just odd itch and sensative 'down there'

I would really like to try that bath.. Baking soda.. is that the same as baking powder I have in the cupboard?? lol

yes its the baking soda which is in you cupboard... :)

yes its the baking soda which is in you cupboard... :)

yea but not the baking powder.. That's different. It's the stuff you can keep in your fridge to make it smell clean. You can use it in foods too etc.. Or as a cleaning product. I use armen hammer or however you spell it. hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"