• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

***Summer Cupcakes June & July 2011 Mummies***

lilly77

Mom to Kai & Ivy
Reaction score
Girls this is our new thread!!

Hch (Hayley) due 26th June
Flybee (Tanya) due 27th June
Lilly (Lilly) due 28th June - Baby Girl Ivy born 28th June 2011 :pink:
Foxforce (Claire) due 28th June Baby Girl Eliza born 2nd July 2011 :pink:
Itsychik (Leigh) due 28th June - Baby Boy Bram born 30th June 2011 :blue:
Mama Africa (Thembi) due 28th June - Baby Girl Naomi born 7th June 2011 :pink:
Aileymouse (Ailey) due 28th June
Lolley (Kelly) due 29th June - Baby Girl Amelia Ann born 22nd June 2011 :pink:
Strawberry19 (Amy) due 29th June - Baby Boy Noah born 24th June 2011 :blue:
Ashley2189 (Ashley) due 29th June - Baby Girl Lillyana born 29th June 2011 :pink:
Bluestarlight due 30th June - Baby Girl Elora born 13th June 2011 :pink:
Starglow (Ashley) due 2nd July

:kiss:

hey girls i hope to be here very soon xxxxxxxxxx

Hi everyone. Thanks for setting this up Lilly. I'm so pleased we're all gonna stay in touch.

Looking forward to being over here when my little cupcake arrives.

Hope everyone is getting on well with their newborns.

Lots of love and good luck. Xxx

Ash xxx

I'm here :hi:

Thanks Lilly, i too am glad we can all stay in touch here :)

I'm here as well! :) Thanks Lilly for setting this up for us! I'm looking forward to keeping in touch as we all have our little one's and can share tips and questions, etc.

Where did you guys choose a baby ticker? I'll need to change my signature!

Hi Itsy, glad your doing ok,
I just found some i liked on other peoples signatures if you click on them it takes you to their website :)

hi girls :)

Yeah I just clicked on my ticker for Kai and made one for Ivy too.

OMG breastfeeding... I never struggled with Kai!! I breastfed him for 9 months.
Well, I already have cracked and bleeding nipples:-( I don't think my milk has fully come in yet though she sleeps like an angel so maybe it has?! I can see a drop of milk/colostrum when I squeeze but not loads of it... i don't think I have much anyway. My MW is coming tmrw so i'll ask her too.
I've been on the BF forum.. all i'm doing is applying Lanisoh and gritting my teeth. hope this gets easier.

Itsy i Know you're having issues too.. how about you lolley?

Ivy's such a little munchkin though.. Ive never seen my DH look sooo in love!!

sorry lilly i am bottle feeding, my left booby doesnt work i tried with both the boys and failed. So decided this time to not put that pressure on myself and just go straight for the bottle. It proved the same this time anyway when my milk came in (day4/5) my right pad was very wet and nothing at all on the left :( I am drying up now just a few spots here and there.
I would imagine your milk should come in full flow today or tomorrow :)

Midwife has been today, they will not discharge us until Amelia is back to birth weight. She is 7lb1oz now so needs to put on another 3oz. She checked my scar and tummy as it has gone very sore again but said it was fine and she thinks it will heal lovely as it is very neat :)
I have not been out of the house at all yet and am now getting very headachey really need some fresh air. I think we are going to try and go a short walk tomorrow if the weather is good. We wont go far so i can turn back if i need to.

Well my BF is improving but I still have very sore cracked and bleeding nipples :-( I'm trying to push through it as milk is coming in now and Ivy seems content as sleeping a lot and having dirty nappies. My MW came today, Ivy is still 7lb10 but she said that's normal so all good.
My stitches are uncomfortable but not hurting that much, though I haven't been for a BM yet, dreading it!!
I've not been out the house either yet, I really wanted to today but when it comes down to it i'm not so sure, still feel very delicate.. so I can only imagine how you must be feeling Lolley! Did you go for your walk yesterday?

I wonder how Ashley and Foxforce are doing.. do they know this thread is here?

I'm not as exhausted as I thought i'd be this time around.. how is everyone else's LO's sleeping? Kai never slept at all and i was a total zombie for the first 6 months!

I'm here thanks Lilly for setting this up, great idea.

Sorry to hear your struggling with the feeding, I am a little I know it's early but we got off to suc a good start. Eliza prefers one boobie to the other and sometimes doesnt latch very well, the one boob she prefers is cracking, so applying the lasinoh. Last night the milk came so imense pressure and pain in both now, so off to buy a pump this afternoon and then Izzy can help feed then too.

Tired today as she took some settling last night but it feels good just to have some sleep lol.

Mw comes tomorrow to weigh Eliza, don't give times, do yours? Doctors just rang with post natal appointment for me in august and eliza's first jabs in September and to see health visitor.

Right will hopefully have bit more time to catch up on posts etc tomorrow or later so be back, nice to be back in touch, take care ladies hopefully more cupcakes will be here soon, surprised no more are I thought someone else may have near me.

Xxxxx

Fox re my MW coming - no they didn't give times just anytime between 9am-4pm.

Well I spoke to soon about Ivy being an angel!! i mean of course, she is :haha: but she has taken to crying whenever she's not asleep or on the boob :cry: Last night I had to feed her 4 TIMES to get her to drop off!! Don't think I had any milk it must just be for comfort.
She finally fell asleep around 12.30am, on the boob in my bed. Put her in her cot and then she slept really well - until 6am this morning. I feel shattered though as i didnt' have a good sleep, I kept waking up through the night, sods law!
I'm worried as I don't think i have enough milk especially in the evenings. I'm going to try expressing from tomorrow (to check and up my milk supply)- and i'm cutting dairy out to see if that makes a difference to her crying in between feeds and sleeps. She's not very content when she's awake - always needs to be rocked/have a dummy etc. Is this normal? Are other babies just chilled when awake?

Aw Lilly I had a tiring night, but Ivy slept well! Eliza woke as soon as we went to bed but we had a drama with a faulty teat on the bottle of my expressed milk it was barely letting anything through but I didn't change it as quick as I should really so my fault. She then woke at 5 for a feed and is still currently asleep. Try not worry it is still early days you can tell more about milk supply when you express, my left boob the one Eliza doesn't like is really poor takes an age to get a drop out, but I'm hoping it gets better.

She is quite chilled but she screams when I'm changing her and doesn't like been moved from a comfy position. We started on the dummy yesterday was a big help!

I do recommend the expressing as it free you up so dh can help or whomever, you don't feel it's all you doing the work and Izzy loves to be involved and helping when he can.

I really notice been thirsty when bf'ing/expressing.

Hi ladies!

Lolley- I just now read your post from a few days ago about your stitches getting sore. How are you healing now? how is walking around going? I feel like I've turned into an old lady when I walk (really slow!) :haha:

I had an allergic reaction to the bandages they used around the area they stitched up after my section and on both sides have these GIANT red, inflamed blisters... that hurt way more than the stitches themselves. The hospital told me they'd go away on their own... but it's been 5 days and they look exactly the same.

Lilly- sorry to hear you didn't get much sleep last night! I wasn't producing much at all and started pumping twice a day (for 2 days) and now I definitely have TOO much... hopefully it will help you as well!

Foxforce- have you tried expressing on the left side after Eliza feeds? Hopefully that side will pick up soon for you

I see you both mentioned using a dummy/pacifier... has this caused any problems with your feedings? I read so much on the other forums about nipple confusion that I've been afraid to try. But sometimes after a feeding Bram gets cramps/gas and just wants to suck on something and I think a dummy would really help. What are your experiences so far?

Just wanted to say that I finally posted a birth story (although I got carried away and it's REALLY long):

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...ghtly-traumatic-birth-story.html#post11533190

Just FYI :)

Well my mw came today and advised against expressing so soon, but it was working so well for the day we did she said my milk may dry up sooner?!
Eliza latched on perfectly for the mw to see then when I tried this afternoon she wouldn't just kept getting upset :shrug: now she is overdue a feed and is fast asleep?!
So I'm expressing now for tonight as I don't want to be stressed and sleep deprived later and no other means of food to offer her other than formula.

I'm not sure the dummy/pacifier has hindered? But I'd say it's helped a lot.

Any way mw weighed Eliza and she has lost a few pounds now down to 6lb 12oz which is within the 10% they allow for she looked at my stitches as I explained I was in a lot of discomfort, she said I'm very bruised but the stitches look good and clean. I need to try my cool pads - just put them in the freezer (gel filled sanitary like pads to place in your panties.)

Right need to go Luther about to start... Xx

hi girls

well i haven't tried expressing yet - i'm a bit scared to be honest! I think I will do it in a couple of weeks. My milk seems to be more (but still not as much as I had with Kai) but Ivy sleeps so much and is above average for her weight gain so i must be doing something right.
My nipples have improved A LOT. Now latch on only hurts for the first 5 seconds then it's fine.
Itsy i haven't had any problems with the dummy - it's actually been our saving grace! (as Ivy loves to suckle boob, arm, teat,,, anything!) And her latch on has been fine so it hasn't hindered us at all.
I'm sorry about your stitches girls, both sound painful! I'm lucky that my stitches aren't giving me too much pain as I tore in the muscle internally so I'm not feeling them on the surface. what IS giving me the most irritation/pain is my bum :-( :-( It's really really sore, I am severely constipated and now have small swellings (piles.. HORRIBLE) it's such a pain and nothing i'm trying is working!

oops Ivy just woke up need to go nappy change and 2nd boob!
x

heya girls just found the thread!!! sorry ive not been around busy busy and internet wouldnt let me on here!! grr!!

hope the breastfeeding is improving for you all that were having troubles Noah seems good on the boob he even hugs it :lol: hes feeding every 2-3 hours during the day and same at night now he was feeding ever hour to hour and half at first but since milk came in hes an angel!! he sleeps most the time and when he is awake hes really alert and just calm hes calmer awake than he is asleep.. strange boy :lol:

hope all the mummies and babies are okay xxx

Hi ladies! I'm finally joining you here!!

I hate to say it, but I feel amazing, I feel like my little black rain cloud has gone! I feel really well, not in much pain at all, just slighty heaviness in the groin. Already been for a number 2 twice! I certainly did feel this good after having Amber.

Georgia is pretty content she goes about 2-3 hours between feeds. She does need her dummy to settle occasionally. Last night was bad in hospital. didn't sleep at all, i let her sleep in the bed next to me and fall asleep at the boob.

Glad your feeling good Ailey!! :) im feeling great too Noah is also really content he only cries if he wakes up hungry or if hes half asleep and im doing his nappy

hope everyone is well xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->