• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

***Summer Cupcakes June & July 2011 Mummies***

Oooh, my milk is coming in. Boobs are going to be sore tomorrow!!

HI Girls

Glad to hear you're feeling great Ailey (lucky you with BM, took me over a week with LOTS of pain!!)
Strawberry good to hear from you too and great that Noah's such a contented little baba.

Ivy is doing great - she's still not past her birth weight but MW wasn't concerned. Breastfeeding is going well now, nipples have numbed :haha: finally!!
She's not very content left to her own devices (well she is for about 10 mins) before she needs to be rocked/held/fed. She LOVES her dummy but as soon it comes out she cries so it's a bit of a mission! She hates being changed but loves the pram and the boob and bouncing on the birthing ball.
She's loving bathtime now, I just love this pic of her!!:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

How's everyone else's LO getting on? I want to see updated pics!

xx

Attachments

• P1000233.jpg
    P1000233.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 8
Sorry i have not been here much, hubby is back to work tomorrow so i am sure i will be chatting more :)

but for now look what Amelia has on today ...

https://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/263468_10150240082091107_742091106_7533605_1653343_n.jpg

Ooh Ailey feel for you

Great pics Lilly and Lolley so sweet

My stitches are hurting today :cry: really sore even after pain relief so not doing anything today well as little as possible, watching the Grand Prix at the moment.

I have both mw and health visitor coming tomorrow, whats the bet they come at the same time!

Bit of a panic last night, my dad called to tell us that my cousin's youngest girl (9)Holly has come out in chicken pox, they visited on Tuesday and she held Eliza also. We rang delivery ward and spoke to mw who was lovely, she asked many other mw's and contacted a paedatrician as well as special baby unit nurse. They came to the conclusion that as I have had them Eliza should have some of my immunity also because I am bf'ing that will help. They still advised we get her checked out at gp's Monday. Quite lucky as the blisters didn't show on Holly until Friday so she won't have been infectious until 2 days before we hope fx'd!

Attachments

• Bradford-20110707-00034.jpg
    Bradford-20110707-00034.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 3
Hi ladies! I found you! Had no idea where everytime had run off to lol hope everyones bfing is getting better. My left nipple cracked severely, I stopped using it for 2 days, had it slathered in lanolin and left it uncovered as much as possible to help it heal. I pumped it a few times to relieve engorgement and started using it again yesterday. Only hurts now for the first 10 sec or so, and it is visibly improving for sure. but the supply is way lower than my right now!

Lillyana has taken to not sleeping at night unless she is being held. Its a bit of a nightmare. She screams for almost every diaper change. But shes an angel the rest of the time. Very chilled out baby for the most part, content to just sleep or look around in amazement when awake lol

My stiches are feeling so much better! I was terrified to have a bm since I tore almost all the way to my anus, but I took some milk of magnesia, warm prune juice, and used a suppository all in one day to force me to need to go. Now im drinking a glass of prune juice daily and eating lots of fruit to stay regular and I havent had any trouble.

My boobs really hurt, how long will they hirt for? I can't remember...

Georgia is very content, she feeds well, she is a little unsettled at night, but hoping that will change now she is getting milk.

Got the midwife coming tomorrow to do the heel prick test.

Question for you about cords...Georgias is really smelly. Did your baby's cords smell?

The cord shouldnt smell as far as I know. Could be a sign of infection? I would get it checked out to be safe. Are you cleaning it often? I clean lillyana's with alcohol everytime I change her diaper.

hi girls!

Awww love the pics Foxforce and Lolley, love Amelia's tshirt how apt! :kiss:

Ailey - Ivy's cord didn't smell and fell off after 4 days - but my friends baby's cord REALLy smelled, I could smell it through her clothes, it was quite red and sore looking so a little infected. She was cleaning it with surgical spirit and it cleared up within a few days.
Re my boobs they hurt for about a week as like Ashley I had severely cracked and bleeding nipples (also had to slather them in lanisoh and air them!) they only hurt now for the first 1 or 2 secs after she's latched on but overall much better.

Ashley glad you found us!! I bought prune juice yesterday, i think it's vile though but am still drinking it, trying to acquire a taste for it as i need to keep regular too.

Ivy also hates nappy changes.. she still cries a bit though... we're lucky in that she sleeps well at night and doesn't cry when she wakes. Last night she slept from 11.30/12am til 4.30am for a feed and then I woke her at 8.30 for a nappy change and feed. It's in the day I find hard as I need to be holding her when she's awake, she just cries if she's left alone. So we can't do anything around the house unless she's sleeping! I'm hoping this will change after after she settles in though...

Liam is going back to work on Wednesday, i'm dreading it!! been so lovely having him around. I've got HV coming around tomorrow and then there's a drop in clinic on Weds which i'll take her to.

Whats everyone else up to this week?

I rang the midwife yesterday and she said to keep it clean and dry with cooled boiled water and get the midwife to check it today.

We had a better night last night she had a feed at 11pm and slept until 3am fed her again both boobs, sleep until 5am another feed then awake at 8am!

boobs are feeling a little less like rocks today!

Midwife just been, all well. Cord is coming away hence the smell apparently.

Georgia has only lost 4oz so she is happy with that.

She did the heel prick test and Georgia didn't flinch, she was very good :thumbup:

Noahs cord smelled a little bit aswell Ailey but not too bad and fell off after 5 days

glad the babies are sleeping better for their mummies :) Noah still doesnt like his basket much :( he likes being snuggled in close to me or oh which is a pain but hope hel grow out of it eventually! breastfeeding going really well :) my oh has gone back to work today so its really weird :( just been pottering about cleaning and feeding

few latest pics

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 4
Noah is gorgeous, as are all of the little cupcakes!

My boobs are quite lumpy and sore, the midwife told me to massage them whilst feeding so we'll see how they go.

My neighbour had her baby the other day 4 weeks earky, so there is only 3 days between Georgia and her little boy!

My boobs are lopsided! Lol the 2 days I took not feeding from the left to let it heal has left me with at least a whole cup size difference! The left boob seems to have shrunk immensely. I really hope it sorts itself out.

Went out with baby today to try and go clothes shopping. My belly is nearly gone, just a bit bloated looking and kinda flabby lol but my hips, thighs, and ass have not gone down at all and im so tired of wearing sweatpants. Only found one pair of shorts that fit, but its better than nothing. Baby did well and slept through most of it, woke up at the end and started crying but I brought the pacifier and she took it quite happily.

well i spoke too soon about Ivy being a good sleeper - last night she had us up from 3.15am!! she doesn't cry at night, just grizzles really loudly (lol) and was wide awake after her 3am feed. me and DH taking turns on bouncing ball with her and me feeding for comfort to try to get her to sleep until 6am this morning! THEN we fell asleep with her in our bed and I nearly rolled on her!! awful awful night. Can't even sleep now as HV is coming between 930-1230 today.

Ashley i'm the same, my tummy's gone down nicely IMO (still squishy though but no wrinkles or massive belly - it's still WAY bigger than usual though) and I'm really grateful i escaped without a stretch mark, but my bum thighs and hips are still mahoosive and I can't fit into ANY of my clothes, not even my 'big' jeans! I had to order some cheap jeans and leggings from ASOS yesterday just so i have something to wear!

Also, even worse - my skin has started to break out! :cry: :cry: i'm not doing anything different with my skin routine but my hormonal chin spots are coming back :-( My skin was SO good during pregnancy, I hate having spots :-(

how's everyone feeling? sorry for my morning rant!!
:flower:

Lilly, I must have stolen your good baby juice or something lol its 6 am here and only the second time ive been up! Hope she goes to sleep after we get done feeding. Ive also developed acne again, hopefully it'll be the last breakout!

morning girls! posted my birth story on the other board :)

Jacob is a dream , but his feeding is all over the place at the minute! he can go between 2 -6 hours ! going to have to get him in some sort of routine, he hates having his bum changed and he likes to grizzle at about 3am -6am :lol: last night i gave in and gave him a dummy because i really needed to sleep as i kept falling asleep when i was holding him!
i havent ventured out the house to scared to put my clothes on! my tummy has gone right down not my butt tho! still cant believe he is here!

my stitches feel ok , its just the swelling and bruising! i walk like an old lady and when im sat down i dont want to get up again! :haha:

speak soon xxx

hayley will go and look at your birth story..Must do mine.

Lilly, I'm the same with the spots. My skin was great whilst pregnant. now I have an outbreak.

Also been and bought some cheap leggins and tops just so I have something. My tummy has gone down well and can almost do up my pre preg jeans, but not quite.

Emotions are all over the place atm. Had a bad day yesterday....long story.

Hi everyone :)

I've just read the whole thread to catch up so far. I'm currently in my bath with lavender and tea tree oil & milk which I do every day to help my stitches.

How fab we're all mummies now and chatting about baby issues. Kind of a relief to read some posts which are similar to what I'm experiencing.

I haven't had a chance to come on because Lara dropped a huge amount of weight due to the hospital midwives teaching me to breastfeed wrong! Yet telling me how wonderful I was at it. My own mw came over the first day we got home and was disgusted I'd be shown wrong. Lara had spent so much energy on feeding she'd dropped loads of weight. I had to re learn to feed properly and fatten her up. I've achieved it and she's doing well but bloody hell how stressful.

Far too much to go into now but absolutely loving being a mum. The tiredness is a killer isn't it! I've not had more than two hours at any time. I love taking her for walks, her big eyes after a feed, her baby smell etc. She is so alert. Rolls onto her side, sucks her thumb, even grabbed at a toy rob dangled in front of her. She had s bath on day 6 with me and a bath this morning in her own bath which she loved. Such a dote.

Loved her bouncer and carseat but not interested in her Moses basket at all. Yep sleeping at night very hard. Anyway better go and get showered and back to Lara. She's snuggling with my dad who leaves today.

Lots of love. Just wanted to make contact. Hopefully I'll be on more. Xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"