• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

***Summer Cupcakes June & July 2011 Mummies***

Noah rolls around a bit but gets stuck lol!! glad Bram selpt well for you!! we had a break through the other night Noah actually slept for 4 n 1/2 hours in his basket the other night!! like you i had to do a double take at the clock lol!!

glad Amber had a good day at school Ailey she looked lovely!!!

had Noah weighed today he has only put on 1 and 1/2 oz in 2 and a bit weeks :( gotta take him again in 2 weeks time to see if its gone up a bit :( he has changed his feeding a bit he seems to have a big feed in the morning then a few snacking quick feeds during the day and then a few longer feeds at night he keeps getting green poop too but they didnt really say much about it.. any idea what i can do to help bulk him up a bit

I understand that the green poo is because of too muck foremilk, so if he is snacking the he would only be getting the foremiilk which isn't as fattening, which would explain the not great gain.
Do you switch sides at every feed? You could try keeping to the same side for two feeds, then switching, or express some of the foremilk first before he feeds so he gets the hindmilk first xx

i usually switch each feed will try keeping him on same one for a few feeds just asked in bf part and they said the same x

The HV came again today. She weighed Georgia and she has put on 4oz this week. She says it's good but not quite enough as she's not back up to her centile.
She said to try and give the gaviscon in some formula, but it's not what I want to do, I want to still breastfeed but I can't get the gaviscon in her. She just won't take it.
But then I don't want to carry on breastfeeding if it's going to cause her a problem by not having it.
Why is this so tough?
I did just try her with gaviscon in 3oz of formula and she was still sick after and is still moaning now. So it doesn't look like it'll work.
Sorry if that was a ramble.

It's not a ramble we all understand and I hate how quick people are to suggest formula can you not try it with expressed milk?

I really can't express. I get less than 1oz out and the gaviscon has to be given on 4oz of milk at every feed up to 6 times a day!

Oh gosh didn't realise it was that much :( is she not better at all? Have you asked in the bf part on here? Am sure someone must have gone through the same x x

yeah, I have asked, did really get much of a response.

if it's mixed with milk that's how much it should be in or 15ml of water.

they way i see it is she has gained this week so going to give it another week and take it from there.

Hey guys hope your all well

Sorry I can't get on here very often I always seem busy to get on but good news I am now in the world of Facebook so if you want to add me as a friend I have added Lilly as I could remember her name! I'm Claire Naylor anyway :)

Sorry to hear about your feeding trouble Ailey hope Georgia keeps gaining and improves.

We had a great time at the wedding and have pictures on fb so you can see but we didn't get many up close of Eliza to be honest and after seeing other peoples pictures of their babies I wonder that we take enough! I know we don't have enough of us as a family mainly just of Eliza on her own :blush:

Eliza has her jabs on monday, how have those of you who've had them got on? I don't feel too apprehensive at the moment but that may change on Monday. We will also get her weighed as she hasn't been weighed in a few weeks, I'm guessing she'll be 9lb ish

It is definitely quieter on here but we are all busy with our babes but maybe I can keep in touch on fb better?

I've attached a couple of pics as I said I would before but didn't get back on.

Hope you all have good weekends, I haven't much planned and think it's forecast to rain :(

xxxx

Attachments

• Bradford-20110826-00138.jpg
    Bradford-20110826-00138.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Bradford-20110826-00139.jpg
    Bradford-20110826-00139.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 1
I can't find which one is you claire, there's loads. There's only one of me...Ailey Haigh

Georgia was fine after her jabs. Hope Eliza is ok with hers x

I think Georgia maybe teething! She has all the symptoms...

Foxforce- I just added you! (I'm "Leigh Lenis")

Bram had his shots this past Monday (I cried!). He pretty much wanted to comfort nurse for most of the day afterwards... and his temperature went up slightly near the end of the afternoon (and his legs were a bit sore) so I gave him a baby paracetemol and he was 'back to normal' after that and didn't have any more issues. That was the first night he slept through as well... from 10pm - 6:45am! Maybe a coincidence but he's been sleeping like that ever since...

Hope everyone is doing well :flower: We're all flying to the U.S. tomorrow so I probably won't be on for a couple weeks (not bringing my laptop with me... we've got enough to carry around as it is!)

Have a great weekend!

Have a lovely time hun x x

Claire Il try find you when I'm on my laptop tomoro!

Ailey let us know if it is teeth! Bless her hope she is doing better? Noah keeps having silly crying sessions where he only stops if you walk around with him soon.as sit down with him he cries again silly bugger lol

We had a terrible evening with Georgia last night, she cried from about 6pm until midnight. There was no consoling her, but she must've tired herself out as she slept until 7am fed, then slept again until 10.30am!

itsy, have a lovely time, hope the flight is ok with Bram x

I'm going out tonight on a hen night. Not really feeling up to it, leaving Georgia as I have to leave her with a bottle of formula :( I'm not going for long. I only know the hen too. But I feel I have to go as Paul and I are the ONLY guests at her wedding.

have a good weekend all x

We had a bad night too he went to sleep at 11.30 and woke at 1 then didn't go sleep till 5 and was up again at 8 he is too big for his basket now and likes to stretch out and now hates being swaddled want to try him in the cot but it won't fit in our room and I haven't got any monitors and nowhere to buy any in town looking online but don't know what to get that isnt too pricey

hey guys i haven't been on this thread much lately! nice to catch up.. seeing you all on fb too makes it a bit quieter on here. Glad you finally joined fox!!

We had bad night too last night - ivy was up at 9pm, 1am, 4am then 7am.. wouldn't latch on the boob at 1, we were really worried! she was just screaming and not interested. she did the same twice today at feed times, just wouldn't latch. the first time i managed to calm her down and she fed but the second 5pm feed she just wouldn't take the nipple at all!! we fed her a bottle instead and she just gulped it down.
Am a bit worried as i've had a really bad cold thats lasted all week and i've been taking paracetomal - worried that my milk supply has been affected!
i clusterfeed her at 7pm so hopefully she'll take the boob then.

Itsy are you still combi feeding? how's that going? We only give one bottle a night at the dreamfeed, sometimes expressed BM and sometimes formula. i'm worried she is preferring the bottle now..

ailey have fun tonight!

I'm also going out, i don't feel 100% but am seeing some girlfriends of mine down the road for a few hours. i still feel much bigger than before and nothing fits me right - not really up for it but i'm sure it'll be fun when i'm there.

thinking of you all and miss this thread!

xx

Aww nice to hear from you Lilly it is nice that we keep in touch via Facebook :)
Hope you & Ailey both have a good night out!

I've been Christmas shopping woop!

I feel it's easier to keep in touch with you all on fb. I often forget to check on here, or just don't have anything very interesting to say lol

Ailey - I didn't know babies could start teething this early! Good luck with it!!

Lillyana has got cradle cap, so I've started rubbing baby oil on her scalp and brushing out the flakes. Hopefully it won't last long. The oil looks really gross on her beautiful long hair! :( She sleeps A LOT better at night now. She sleeps anywhere between 4-6 hour stretches usually. Last night we had a 7 hour stretch! Which I was very thankful for, because I was exhausted. I had her out all day at a friend's house while we were studying and she didn't sleep well there so she must have been exhausted as well. During the day she still wants to eat every 2-3 hours though! And we've had green poop the last couple days. Hoping it will resolve itself soon. It happens to us every now and then, usually when her feeding habits change. My boobs are way too eager to produce loads of milk for her lol

Aww bless her ashley she is a sweetheart!

Noah had his jabs today he cried but was okay after a cuddle seems ok this afternoon! I've just ordered him a baby snug from mamas n papas its bit like a bumbo

I got Georgia weighed today and she has lost weight :( got to go to the doctors to see about a different medication for relfux. I'm gutted. Feel like I should pack in breastfeeding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->