• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

***Summer Cupcakes June & July 2011 Mummies***

Hi ladies sorry i havent been on. i have found myself having a bit of a mental breakdown over jacob, cant stop blaming myself for him having his AVM and i know it isnt my fault but i keep thinking maybe if i did this or did that it wouldnt have happened but that obviously isnt the case and it would have happened regardless of anything i had or had not done! My nurse has told me im to treat him as if nothing has happened and not spoil him which of course i have totally ignored LOL!

jacob on the other hand is a gem! he is so happy and only cries when its food time! he is on the 75th line for weight and head circumference and doing is great! he is weighing in at 11lbs 11oz!!! we are back to hospital in 2 weeks for the next lot of scans etc. so i will keep you updated. i had to put the moses basket away as he no longer fits in it and he kept waking himself up so he is now in his cot and is sleeping well in there! although through the night he is waking every 3 hours for a feed. i cant remember when the other boys dropped the 2-3am bottle ?? anyone else's babies sleeping through yet? also his 0-3 months clothes are getting to small! so they will be going away soon!

well best shoot off as i need to do some tummy time with jacob as his neck muscles are still weak due to his op, hope everyone is ok! sorry for the ramble! miss you all x

hayley, that's great jacob is doing so well! lillyana also is up every 3 hours at night. sometimes it's still every 2 hours! i don't think she will be sleeping through for months to come. try not to blame yourself hun, i know it's hard but it's really not your fault! i'm so glad jacob is doing better, and i think it's okay to spoil him a bit! i spoil lillyana and i have no real reason to except that she's just so darn cute and irresistable! lol

Hayley you're doing really well xxx sending you hugs
Ashley hope your first day went well x

:hug: to you hayley - its such a huge thing you've gone through please don't blame yourself! i'm glad he is such a happy baby for you :flower: you're doing really well!
xx

Nice to hear from you Hayley glad Jacob is doing well he is such a little cutie

Ashley hope school went okay!

Glad everyone is well we are good Noah was meant to have his jabs yesterday but they cancelled without telling us!

Rang tax credits the other day should get form through soon will be geting 12 weeks back dated too which will help pay some bits off and we won't be so skint

Hi everyone!

You all have beautiful pictures of happy babies! It's so great to see the pics of all our LO's and how well they're doing :)

I've just caught up and hope that everyone is doing well... that feedings are going well, that the dryers are working again (poor strawberry!), that Lara is able to settle in her cot (fx'd!)... Ailey, I hope Amber had a fantastic birthday! Ashley- I hope going back to school wasn't too hard :( Who watched Lillyana during the day? And how are you coping with bf'ing while you're in class?

Hayley- thanks for updating us hun... you've been in my thoughts often and I love seeing the pics of Jacob on fb. He's such a little fighter!

We're combi-feeding during the day and Bram's last feed is usually around 10 - 11 and in the past few days he's been sleeping until anywhere from 4 - 6am (in his crib)! Although he doesn't always go back to sleep after that (I usually bring him in bed with me after the first morning feed and he'll sleep on and off until 9 - 10am).

my mom came down and will be here the first 2 weeks to watch Lillyana, then OH and his mom will each have days with her. I only have class 3 hours Mon and Tues, and a 10 hr day at the hospital on Fridays. Mondays OH's mom will come to my house to watch her, Tuesdays OH doesn't work so he will be with her, and fridays i will be taking her to OH's mom's house for the day. It's not much time away from her, but what really sucks is the amount of time studying takes every day. I won't be able to hold her 24/7 and give her my undivided attention like I have been and that makes me extremely sad.

Hi ladies! Not had much time the last few days! Had a busy weekend with Amber's birthday. She had a lovely day.
My sister is also down for a few days so we have to change our plans for her!!
Anyway, we are ok, Georgia is still grumpy. She is startig to spend more time happy and awake. Have the HV coming round next week to help me out with expressing. I'm determined not to give her formula after so many people suggesting I do so.
Dreading the early morning get ups to get Amber to school soon...

Hayley, good to hear from you, don't blame yourself. I'm glad Jacob is doing well xx
Ashley, hope school is ok. It's hard being away from our babies when they are still so new! x
Starglow, found your birth story, you did really well, especially with it being your first x

Anyone DTD yet? :blush: I haven't yet....

nope we havent :sex: yet either!!! too tired for that... ivy is hard work and theres kai too, i dont feel ready tbh... soon though i think.

Not dtd here either to be honest I'm not interested and noah is still in our bed a lot although sleeping more in his basket I've discovered he lives my dressing gown and likes to sleep propped up must feel like he is in my arm so I've placed a firm pillow in there which supports him and is away from his nose even when his head is too the side I was a bit weary about doing it but he slept really well and I used the bottom of my dressing gown tucked in tightly under his mattress and the rest draping over the floor he can't move it I didn't sleep well kept checking him but it worked he only came into our bed for feeds until he dropped off again and only slept in with me while I had a lay in this morning

Feeling a bit disapointed today my dad is flying out to oz to live today and only told me last week we've never had a great relationship because he was never there when I was growing up and learnt that he was just full of empty promises and was useless he had only seen Noah twice there's no excuse he is just lousy he lives 20 minute drive away and I see him like twice a year! I see sams sad more often and he lives 6 hours away. I just feel a bit hurt that he is buggering off with my step nun and 2 youngest brothers and only told me last week :( don't even get to say bye

Ooh I cant even think about DTD! Its going to be a long time before I do... I just dont feel right anymore after my stitches and everything. Ive been scared of that area since the birth... Ive only just managed to even start shaving again! Lol I took a look down there and it doesnt look anything like it used to! Its all... Open! I can see my freaking cervix!! Not cool. And not sexy. :(

:hugs: to you Strawbs re your dad, not cool really is it xxx

lol ashley, i just went for a bikini wax today for the 1st time since the birth...eek! I know what you mean, even when i have a bath now i almost feel water going in me... and i'm doing my pelvic floor exercises like mad too! I don't feel the same down there right now.. it will get better in time. I also feel too delicate around the stitches area, plus i don't feel sexy AT ALL>
My body is totally Ivy's at the moment!

am I the only one who has DTD? :blush: Although I think I mentioned before... since I ended up with a c-section I think it actually helped since I didn't have to get any stitches and didn't really have any trama to the lady bits...

Anyone had AF yet? Or for those with older LO's, how long did it take last time before you had a period again?

Strawberry- I'm sorry to hear about your dad hun :( It's too bad that he hasn't taken more of an interest in you and your family, or given you a proper chance to say goodbye. I hope he comes to his senses and realize how unfair that is to you :hugs:

No not cool :( good job got a mum who would do anything for us she's really angry with him tis good job she doesn't have his number I went to town today to buy aime clothes to cheer me up lol :) actually found stuff though so feel.bit better

Know what you mean about not feeling sexy its horrid lol

Strawberry, that's pants about your dad! a real shame. *hugs*

I can't remember when AF turned up last time. I only bf Amber for four weeks so it was quite soonish around 10 weeks maybe sooner.

I only got my AF after I stopped BF which was 9 months with Kai..

Oh so could be long time then! That's gonna be weird having af again!

Anyone thought about contraception? Not sure what is safe when bf and would rather not have anything fitted!

Avoiding sex is a great contraceptive lmao

Ive thought about getting mirena just so Im covered for the nxt 5 yrs. My insurance is no longer valid in Feb and its great military insurance through my dad so Im trying to take full advantage of it. After that ill be on free public healthcare (only available if income is low enough) and its nothing like what Im used to. :( youre treated differently, too

Always the way isn't it we are lucky to have the nhs we pay through tax and national insurance but mine is never a lot because of my income.

I don't know what to do to be honest my mum and nan both went though the menopause in there 20's my mum at 25 and my nan at 26 so there's a chance I could too which I've always known about I would like the chance to have another child oh isn't sure if he wants any more but I'm sure I can change his mind but I would like at least 1 more so not sure if its worth going onto anything and just risk it just be carefull around the time of ov I dunno gonna have to have a think

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->