Summer holiday plans

R_x

Reaction score
What's everyone got planned to keep the kids entertained for 7 WEEKS?!

Only formal plans we have is going camping for a few days in Chester.

The rest will be planned as we go, walks, picnics, fishing, going to the beach etc

Ours have already been off for a fortnight. We got back from Tunisia start of July. So far it's been soft play, playdates, parks, ducks, farms etc. It's been great so far :)

I have a cupboard under the stairs I intend to lock them in 😉
We'll probably have a few beach days, go up the lakes, national trust places and maybe a weekend in a caravan or camping.
Mainly just be fun in the garden though x

I have no idea what to do!! Lots of local park trips, I have bad anxiety about going to places I don't know, and one of the school mums has started taking me to places on the train/bus etc so that once I've done the route I can do it alone and not freak out!!

I think I'll have to do a few London days out too, they just end up expensive sometimes!! Luckily I work Wed-Fri and he's with his Nan and dad so I only have to fill 4 days a week!!

I've managed to get some time off work during the holidays so we'll probably plan some picnics, days at the park, swimming, some craft days where we make or bake stuff at home, also some garden days too if the weather is nice so we can get the pool out maybe!
The rest of the time when I'll be at work it's split between attending a holiday club and time with their Dad/his parents. We're going away for the last week of the holidays and their Dad is on about taking them away for a weekend too so I'm sure they'll be kept busy one way or another.

I bought a vouchers long time back for 2 nights at a resort by the beach, the resort is 20 mins away from our place, but I don't know when we will go.

We are fasting now & it's too hot, so no outdoor activities for us, Omar has a 1 hr class of different sports 5 times a week now. Ramadan is over after 5 or 6 days. We have 3 days Eid holiday but we can't do much really other than visiting family.

After the Eid holiday I'm planning to enroll him in a 20 days indoor summer camp. It's 5 days a week from 9-1. They will have arts, swimming, gym, Zumba & Quran reciting. This is in addition to his afternoon classes. All the classes and the camp are around our place.

His break is too long, his last school day was on June 16th, he will not go back to school until Sept 7th. It's around 11 weeks!

I hate summer with passion! I am exhausted from ACs and getting stuck indoor all the time. Even the beach is too hot before 4.30 pm.

I have been saving up for a few months so I have a good amount of money put aside for days out over the summer. We have a week away at the seaside staying with my mum and then have planned a day at Peppa Pig World, a wildlife park, a farm, cinema, swimming, picnics, soft play, National Trust, local days out. I am hoping to do one big thing every week with them and a couple of smaller things.

Going to stay in a cottage in Yorkshire for a week and go to flamingo land :)

Neferet, have a look at Lightwater Valley.

We took the boys to both last year in Feb half term (no big rides were open, only little ones for kids.) We found Flamingo Land really expensive and disappointing. Lightwater Valley was much better value for money for the kids imo.

Fountains Abbey & Brimham Rocks are definately worth a visit. They are near Ripon.

I can't wait for the summer holidays to start. Wish we had 7 weeks and not 6 :)
So much cheaper-main expense will be ice creams but I plan to buy them in bulk so will be cheaper.

We have no set plans at all at the moment. If it's sunny then we'll go to the beach. If it's wet then not sure but we'll do things that don't cost like going to the library. I'm not a fan of soft play so I tend to avoid those.
We do have the bonus of an air festival at the end of Aug so we'll be at the beach watching that whatever the weather for the 4 days it's on.
I'm never quite sure where the time goes if I'm honest.

Mine break up on friday. 31st july we are having a weekend camping. We changed clubcard vouchers into a fanily pass for lightwater valley and have also said we will go to the farm and wet n wild( waterpark). Probably a few park/beach days and just visiting fanily days.Then on 31st july we go to butlins.. they go back on 8th sept x

I'm taking the kids to my mum's for a week when term ends (Louis finishes his nursery class at the primary and starts reception in September), OH will be staying to work and be here for decorators. So that's a week and then we're going to Cornwall to stay in a cottage for 10 nights, can't wait for that :)

Lots of walks. Country park . parks hopefully beach if weather allows. We have a nice heritage centre near by. Also the zoo and safari park. Will spread those activities out over the summer hols. Weather has been a complete let down so far

We have had 2 weeks already and have spent a night at Carlisle, a day at the aviation museum, 6 days in Blackpool (2 at pleasure beach) and a night in Dunfermline followed by a day at the Scottish vintage bus museum. Kids have had a swimming lesson min-fri last week and again next week, Lana has done a few sessions at our council run holiday club and Leah has been away to Spain for 6 days with her friend and family.

I'm exhausted already and we still have 5 more weeks!!

We don't really have plans because I'll be working so he'll be with my mum. I've booked a day off to take him to Cardbury World, and we're hoping OH and I get a weekend off together so we can have a short break somewhere.

Maria's been off since midsummer already, we've had a week campervan holiday and a couple of trips to the city and we're going to take another few days holiday in August.

Most of the time we're at home and she's entertained by the neighbour kids which is great, all I have to do is break up the occasional fight if they're in our house :D We're lucky as we have a little park across the road so she plays there every day and more parks just down the road.

We have a static caravan at the seaside so I think we'll mostly be down there :D It's got swimming pools, crazy golf, soft play and of course the beach so the kids love it. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->