Summer Miracles Due in June, July, August and September!

I've finally identified that "strange feeling" in my abdomen as Braxton hicks :dohh: Only took a few days for me to realize it since I seeemd to having a bunch today- drank water and everything settled back down. I didn't experience it in my last pregnancy- did any of you?

YES! With my first pregnancy...any time I'd dehydrate even slightly I'd get them. My doc had me drinking 10-12 cups of water EVERY day (in addition to any other liquids). He said it was serious business so I listened!!! I'm being terrible about water this pregnancy and haven't gotten them yet...but I'm sure it's coming!!!!! :dohh:

I've finally identified that "strange feeling" in my abdomen as Braxton hicks :dohh: Only took a few days for me to realize it since I seeemd to having a bunch today- drank water and everything settled back down. I didn't experience it in my last pregnancy- did any of you?

YES! With my first pregnancy...any time I'd dehydrate even slightly I'd get them. My doc had me drinking 10-12 cups of water EVERY day (in addition to any other liquids). He said it was serious business so I listened!!! I'm being terrible about water this pregnancy and haven't gotten them yet...but I'm sure it's coming!!!!! :dohh:

Thanks! Guess I need to pick way up on water intake as well....I've also been terrible with drinking water.

I never had any braxton hicks in my 1st pregnancy.

Sorry to hear about the nausea...mine came back too! Though I actually think it might have been a little virus or something I picked up from my daughter. I haven't had any appetite for over a week. Blech.

I had Braxton Hicks toward the end of my last pregnancy. An odd feeling! Hope it goes away soon.

Yesterday I had my last ultrasound for a bit (was having one every 3 weeks to check on cervix length)...doc said I'm officially past the high risk point for cervix shortening like it did with my son. Phew and yay!!! Baby is looking good and just about 3lbs right now. When I saw that was 85th percentile I worried about trying to push out a 10 pounder but doc said this weight puts her at about 7lbs at birth.
Now it's just doctors appointments every 3 weeks but no ultrasound.

In other news, I think I've pulled my stomach muscle- really hurts to carry my son, get in and out of chairs, stand for longer periods of time etc..doc said it's possible because of the strain put on the muscles as we grow bigger (he's even had patients who have had a rib broken as their bumps grew and put too much pressure on ribs!). I initially thought it was sore from he Braxton Hicks earlier this week but it hasn't gotten any better. Oh well, guess just one more fun pregnancy ache to deal with :)

I slightly strained a muscle in my lower abs/groin area getting out of the car a couple weeks ago and it took a good week for it to heal. I had to be SO careful to not get out of the car with one leg but to swing them together and then stand. Same thing about getting out of the bed, swing legs together, sit up, then stand. So I am sure you must be in agony if you actually pulled it!!!! It's SO uncomfortable. Hope it heals soon!

I am doing well...nausea has been away and my energy isn't too bad so I've been trying to spring clean and just prep for the baby in any way I can. Got some really cute boy clothes! Which always gets me excited about having the little critter. :happydance:

Glad you're feeling better MrsC...and have energy on top of it!

We've yet to do anything to get ready for #2, other than to get a new pram that has the option to seat both kids.

I think the stomach muscle is just something that will be there until baby...the only way to heal it is to not lift anything heavy and further take the strain off by keeping off my feet. I'm limiting the amount I carry/pick up my son (29lbs) but I can't not pick him up or hold him. I'm a teacher so usually on my feet all day but have been tying to get better about that and do more sitting.

It's been quiet here. I hope everyone is doing ok and just caught up in the chaos of daily life + pregnancy + toddler, for many of us.

Just ordered a crib for #2...wow, that really makes this whole thing seem that much more real. In about 2 months, we'll have 2 kids at home! A bit of a scary prospect...if we thought having 1 kid was life-changing, I can only imagine having 2. Taking a few deep breaths...I'm sure all will
Be fine...we'll all just have that adjustment time.

How are the rest of you? Have you done prep for baby's arrival?

Hi Myra! I'm sorry to hear you've been in some pain. So exciting that your getting closer!!! Getting the 2nd crib really does make it real hu?! We haven't done any prep yet for #2. Waiting for gender u/s on April 20. 😉

AFM: I just recently started to feel the baby move a little. Feels like a little goldfish ❤️. Also been experiencing some pretty intense tailbone pain. Sometimes it hurts to even sit down!

Good to hear from you Grateful. Exciting to feel the baby start moving! With the amount of movement my little one has ben doing lately, I've been calling her a ninja gymnast...I don't remember my son being this active, granted he was already born at this point.

Do you have a guess about your baby's gender? Will be fun to find out in a few weeks. Sorry to hear you've also been in quite a bit of pain- I hope things heal up soon!

I didn't feel my son kick very much either because I had an anteror placenta so it will be interesting this time!

My gut feeling was girl this time... Maybe just because I've been so sick this time.... Lol but when i had a scan at 13 weeks I asked the Dr. to peek down there. He did and we both thought it looked like boy parts. So now I can only picture a boy!

With my son, we had a 3D scan at 13weeks and we were pretty certain we saw boy bits, even that early on...With this one I had a gut feeling she was a girl, even though early on I thought it looked like she might have boy parts.

Either way, it will be exciting for you to be able find out in a few more weeks!

Did you find out gender this week Grateful? I hope your ultrasound went well and that baby cooperated with revealing his/her bits ;)

I'm on the 6 week countdown...can't believe A) that I've made it this far and B) that baby is coming so soon!!

Hi Myra!! Yes we found out Monday that we are expecting a sweet baby BOY!!

https://i58.tinypic.com/2mneskj.jpg

You really are getting close to the end!!! Sooooo exciting!!! Do you have the nursery all done?? This is your first girl right???!?!

Hey Ladies, I hope you are having a great Friday....I on the last few days until the 3rd tri, I cant believe it. Im glad my little guy is safely growing in my tummy but I will be glad not to be pregnant LOL. This pregnancy really kicked my immune systems ass, and I am spent LOL. Hows everyone doing?

Hi MK!! Getting close!! This pregnancy has alao been harder than my first. Lots of MS this time that really kicked my butt. The 2nd tri has been pretty good so far though. Are you having a boy or girl???

Hi MK!! Getting close!! This pregnancy has alao been harder than my first. Lots of MS this time that really kicked my butt. The 2nd tri has been pretty good so far though. Are you having a boy or girl???

Im having a boy, so one of each I am so excited:happydance::happydance:

So far 2 boys and 1 girl in our group. Anyone else find out gender?

Yes, Grateful. This will be our 1st girl. Will be interesting to see differences between them as boy/girl but also just as they develop their own personalities. Our son is very outgoing and almost always happy.
As for are we ready...we still haven't done much. Eek! We won't have a separate nursery- we're in a small 2 bedroom flat. Our son his his own room (which they will eventually share) and baby 2, will be in our room for the first 8-12 months. I tried to put the crib together but kept getting frustrated, so will have to revisit it one day soon. On my list for his weekend is to pack a hospital bag. I've been having more period-like cramps and lots of pressure on pelvic area- not sure if this is because baby has dropped or if it means labor will be coming sooner rather than later...

Hi ladies, I'm just trying to catch up with the thread as I've had computer probs for ages and couldn't access. Hope you're all well!

xx

MK and Myra - one of each!! How exciting!!

MK - i just love having a little boy! Your gonna LOVE it. :hugs:

Myra - We just have 1 very small empty bedroom with no closet so we debated putting them together as well. I think we are going to keep them separate at first and maybe combine them later as your saying :thumbup: sounds like you might be getting close! Was your first early?

J22- welcome back!! :flower: how are you feeling?

AFM: we did a little gender reveal party for our immediate family. They all came over and we played a little video we made of the ultrasound and revealed the gender. Went mostly well! Both grandmas were really hoping for a girl. Especially my mom. With my age, this very well may be my last and she knows that. After we announced baby is a boy, she was obviously disappointed a bit. Before she left she sady handed me a little pink present she had wrapped to surprise me... She was so sure it was a girl. :cry: talk about feeling guilty for announcing it is a boy!!! Lol....

I just love my little boy and I am thrilled he will have a brother to be best friends with! I'm getting more and more excited and we are just starting his nursery. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->