Summer Sensations! (due May/June 2013)

Hmmm. I almost hope it's a UTI or something, because gallstones or surgery would really suck! Still, it seems to flare up an hour or less after eating and the location (on the right side of my back and wrapping around my ribs to the front), sound like gallbladder. Still waiting to hear back from the Midwife Center . . .

Really sorry to hear this news today. I will continue to pray that these issues have resolved in another 4 weeks. Lots of love and hugs xxx

hiya im the same too had felt strong kicks by hand higher up but now really low, must be swimming about in there! hehe xx

Two, I was told that my stitch will probably only last until early third trimester so I'm starting steroid shots for Jasper's lungs next week too. I think it's better to be safe than sorry! We might both end up going full term but because of incompetent cervix, they will take every precaution out there. I was told to stay on bed rest until third trimester, AT LEAST, as it decreases any chances of anything going wrong with the stitch too. In my case, they just want me to get to 34 weeks, they'd really like as it's a 'safe point' but chances of that happening are slim as it is. What dosage of progesterone are you on?

Walker, back pain could simply be a UTI - my 'extra' back pain on top of SPD turned into one today!

& thank you ladies! I'm feeling loads better but having to use crutches and wheelchair still isn't.. fun! Although seems the further I'm getting, the better I'm feeling (well, apart from SPD but that I can deal with!) I haven't vomitted in days and I've gained 4lb too!! :happydance:

I'm on 200g once a day but I am almost out, the ones that I am using are left over from the ivf as hospitals and chemist don't have them here so I think they will have to order them in and the hospital are looking into funding them as they are very expensive..

I get worried when I try to talk to the doc and I get told let's just try and get you to 24 weeks and go from there as it scare the crap out of me everyday.. the stitch is now a no go so it pray baby will hold on.. you must feel the same? What a worry these little ones already put us through lol... I look forward to both of us going to term and meeting out LOs.

Walker I hope you get some answers and the pain is sorted.

Hope everyone is doing well xx

Yay for the weight gain and no vom jess that isa fantastic! I think I am comming down with a bad cold...Ive felt warm and sick in my throat...extra tired...no good

Thanks Almost! :) Awh, I hope you feel better soon!

Two, yeah, I'm the same. They kept telling me '24 week mark.. blah blah bla' I'm on 230g of progesterone a day but I get it through injections - ouch! We'll get there :hugs:

Had an appointment with my mw today. She told me I have to stop eating so many starches if I don't want to have a 10lb baby. I need to slow my weight gain, so more veggies and beans and less pasta, potatoes and bread. And try to get in as much exercise as my son will let me.

My belly is measuring at the upper limit for being 21 weeks. But since it was within 2 cm she didn't update my due date. She also told me that they won't actively try to stop labor after 32/34 weeks.

So glad you're feeling better Jess. Two I hope your LO doesn't come too soon.

Hey guys - have you all thought about your birth plan? I would be interested to know what everyone else is doing. I am going to try and do skin to skin and breastfeed right away. This is a good article:

https://www.babycenter.com/0_what-happens-to-your-baby-after-delivery_182.bc?page=1

I really haven't given any though to a birthing plan yet. Though I did quiz the mw yesterday about what we could do to help ensure a vaginal delivery vs a c-sect. Which is why I'm now going to try a low glycemic diet.

That was a nice article. I would definately like to start breast feeding as soon as possble. I'd like to try to deliever natural, but I'm not against saying no to an epi, though I do plan on holding out for as long as possible. And I'd like LO to stay with me rather than go to the nursery.

I didn't even realize that we had a choice on those matters before someone else told me what they did during their childs birth. It is really interesting.

I bought a prenatle pilates 10 minute solution video from Amazon last week and I tried it out this morning. It gets my recommendation for sure. The workouts felt good, but were easy to do.

Definitely want to do skin to skin and bf as well. I haven't really thought about the plan so much as I know things can change in a heartbeat, but I would like to do a vaginal delivery. I'm so set on an epi right now after the pain I experienced a couple weeks back, but who knows I may change my mind.

Birth plan worksheet
https://assets.babycenter.com/ims/Content/birthplan_pdf.pdf

I'm planning an all-natural birth (perhaps water birth) at the local Midwife Center. Definitely skin to skin and breast feeding right away! The midwives are great about making sure mama and baby aren't separated for a long time unless absolutely necessary.

I want a natural water birth at home in my living room. But due to money being tight and not being able to afford to pay $3,000 for a midwife that can deliver out of medical center. I had to settle for a midwife that works out of a doctors office. So she has to deliver in the hospital, unfortunately I don't think our hospital has gotten a water birthing facility yet :/ I had hopes that they would have one by now. Hospitals never make me feel comfortable and lately its been a horrible flu season and the local hospital here has always been horrible in my experience, but I live in an area that makes it difficult to deliver in any other facility :( Sigh.

Hold in there Two and Jess!!! Your LO's will be just fine-they are strong!! <3

Ladies-I also have not given much thought into specific details of my birth plan. I would like to give birth at home with a midwife, but I know it is not a good choice for me with my panic attacks and my luck with health problems. I am going to be safe than sorry and give birth in the hospital with a doctor instead incase something were to go wrong with baby or I-and I want to try natural and breastfeed-I need to read those skin to skin articles, but I think it sounds like something I may like to do as well!

My ob wants me to deliver at a hospital with a nicu, so I am wondering how much control I will have in a setting like that, or if they just do what they want there? I bet a home birth would be the most relaxing, especially if you are letting it come naturally and are in labor for a long time. You could take a shower and eat and have your dog there..lol

I really don't plan to have a birth plan as I am too much of a planner in life and know that when things don't go according to MY plan then I get too upset. I don't want that to happen so I my birth plan is to have NO birth plan so I can be the most relaxed as possible. I want to just go with the flow. I know I do want baby to cleaned and then I want to do skin to skin. Other than that. Not much else planned on purpose.

The hospital tour we had last week (which went great btw!!) said they want the baby with you as much as possible but if you want to send baby to nursery you are more than welcome. I will have baby in our room as much as possible.

Miss A - The hospital has showers and encourages you to take a shower. Sorry no dog allowed though! I asked hubby at the end if he thought our dog could come and visit too!!

Mango week!! Yeahhhh!!

Are any of you planning on doing a squating birth or some position other than laying on your back? I've read that laying on your back is the most unnatural way to give birth. That squatting and using gravity helps. I just wonder if I told my mw I wanted to try squatting or standing/leaning a table if she would look at me strangely.

They have a bar that attaches to the hospital bed that you can use if you want to squat so I don't think that it would be an odd question at all! They brought it up at the tour so it must be pretty common!

Snow I'm with you on the planning. I'm the same way. When thing go out the window after I've spent so much time planning I tend to get upset about it. So with that being said I'll try to not plan so much.

I'd thought about squatting, but didn't really give it much thought as you always see people on their back. But if it's an option I'm gonna ask about it. That always looked like it would be better to me actually than laying. Plus I saw a clip of woman giving birth that way to feet first baby. She was actually standing bent over the bed, but if it also helps cut down on the chance of c section I'm definitely willing to give it a go.

I like the idea of squatting too but I wonder if my legs would be up to it! It's not the most comfortable of positions, can't imagine having to hold it for long period of time! Although, I suppose with a bar it would be manageable. I definitely want to have as active a labour as possible and not just be lying on a bed... I'm sure that's much easier said than done though. I'm sure pain and exhaustion make it very hard to try and resist collapsing on the bed so we'll see how that goes! Same idea for pain relief - I would love to go natural with just gas and air (although I hear that makes you very nauseous) but I'm not ruling out the possibility of an epidural if I need one (although the thought of that needle so close to your spine scares me. I have no problem with needles in general but needle+spinal cord freaks me out!) My hospital has a birthing pool for labouring in although they don't allow you to actually give birth in it :shrug: so hopefully that'll be free when I'm admitted... Overall though the most important thing for me is to get the baby here as safely as possible however it has to happen :D

On the subject of home births, while I love the idea, with 2 dogs, 3 cats and 2 free-roam house rabbits I don't think my house would be the most sterile place to be giving birth!!!! I can just imagine the midwife's face if she was trying to set up amongst all my hairy babies!!!:haha:

lmao - hairy babies = hairy baby! I have two very large - furniture loving - dogs and they get hair everywhere!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->