Summer Sensations! (due May/June 2013)

I've been on a pretty healthy diet so there not much new that I would have to stop eating or drinking. I would probably just miss my regular black tea and chocolate.

Ladies make sure you don't drink cold drinks as that increases the chance of miscarriage by at least 60% according to my acupuncturist. When you drink something cold it immediately makes the uterus cold and could cause it to contract as well. I have all my drinks at room temperature.

Yeah my acupuncturist told me to avoid cold drinks too - although he didn't give me that frightening statistic!

I know.. It terrifies me but at least it keeps me away from the cold drinks.

p.s. Thanks for updating the first page!

1st page looks good! So excited for all us due right around the same time! It will nice to share symptoms and all together!

That was one of the 1st things my Acu nixed on me. No cold drink & no ICE CREAM (specially no dairy) but hubby and I used to go through 2 things of ice cream a week!

So speaking of Acu - Are you guys still going to go while PG? I have my appt tomorrow still. I know she said she can work on me til the end of 1st tri about every other week or so. Just was wondering if you guys still plan on going?

More betas & P4 bloods tomorrow - Hoping for good numbers again!

I was talking about that with dh yesterday. I think I'm going to keep going til I'm past the 12 week mark... I've an apt on Thursday - I'll see what he says!

Good luck tomor Snowflakes & Christie!! Looking forward to the updates! :D

I'm already missing wine and chocolate. I don't drink coffee or have too much caffeine normally, so at least I don't have that withdraw.

But now that you tell me I can't have ice cream because it's cold....I miss that already now too. I love me some ice cream! I hadn't heard about the no cold drinks. Thanks for the heads up!

Christie - oops, just saw your beta was today not tomor!:dohh: Fantastic number! Maybe your little one has become two!! When is your scan?

Christie - oops, just saw your beta was today not tomor!:dohh: Fantastic number! Maybe your little one has become two!! When is your scan?

Scan isn't scheduled yet. I have another blood test on Thursday, so maybe if the increase is good, then they'll schedule a scan. That would be interesting if I end up with twins!

I switched my diet sodas over to caffeine free a while ago in preparation so I didn't have to go through caffeine withdrawal. It would always give me nasty headaches. I heard about the cold drinks thing but my doctor said there isn't much to back that up so I'm not worrying too much about it. I think it mainly comes down to just eating healthy. There is so much 'you shouldn't do this', 'you shouldn't eat that' out there it is enough to drive you crazy! I think I'll probably miss chocolate the most.

Getting - as far as I know chocolate is only forbidden because it contains caffeine. So just take that into consideration when figuring out your daily caffeine intake.

Where is everyone from? I'm from Maryland, near Baltimore.

Snowflakes ~ My acupuncturist has me completely off of dairy too. I'll still be going once a week until the end of the first trimester. My friend went to the same acupuncturist and he would trigger points that would take her morning sickness away for about 4 days and he helped with other symptoms. Good luck tomorrow with your beta!!

Christie ~ Congrats on the great beta!!!

Raelynn ~ It's smart that you cut out the caffeine ahead of time. About the cold drinks, I would try to be careful at least in the first trimester. I haven't had anything cold in a while but I remember when I used to drink something too cold I would get cramps. Also, you get so used to drinking everything at room temperature after a little while. Sometimes if a drink is too warm then I put about half an ice cube and then I'm fine.

Broody ~ Let us know how your hpt goes tomorrow!

Do you ladies always have the feeling that AF is coming? It kind of scares me!

Do you ladies always have the feeling that AF is coming? It kind of scares me!

YES! Every time I get a cramp, I worry that AF is trying to fight for a visit. It usually happens if I'm exerting myself, so I just take it as my lil one is trying to tell me to take it easy. So I take some time to relax.

lulu yesss but it is just watery cm/maybe part crinone!! lol

and I am from the Boston, MA area!

OMGSH I have been drinking cold iced water I am sooo freaking out right now!!!

I get the AF feeling after stretching or exerting myself too.

I'm from Maryland too, north of Baltimore

Christie ~ I mostly feel the cramping when I move as well and it's somewhat similar to AF cramps but not exactly the same. The back pain that I have along with some cramping is what makes me feel like the witch is coming. Are you having back pain as well?

Almost ~ I'm not having increased amounts of cervical fluids yet but every time I use the restroom I inspect the toilet paper for blood as if I'm expecting AF. I hope it stays away for a long time for all of us. As for the iced water, don't freak out I'm sure you'll be ok but just cut down on that ice to where it's almost like room temperature.

Raelynn~ did u get ur 1st beta done yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->