Summer Sensations! (due May/June 2013)

Yes, I had my first beta yesterday and it was 166. I go back for my next on Thursday.

I don't get back pains with AF and I'm not getting them now. Usually my only symptom is spotting and cramping for AF. I don't usually even get bloated, or at least nowhere near how bloated I've been lately. I"m not sure if it's still the 40 mature follicles I had at ET, or if it's the pregnancy, probably both.

Raelynn ~ Yaaay that's a great number! I can't wait until I do mine but I'm kind of nervous about it.

Christie ~ your bloating is probably from having so many follies. The hcg from the pregnancy triggers OHSS so you're probably getting a mild case of it. Make sure you drink lots of Gatorade and increase your protein intake.

Lots of chat going on here!

I'm from Cork in Ireland...

Regarding the cramps I'm not do bad during the day, just the odd af like twinge. From about 5 o'clock on though my stomach starts tightening up until it feels like I've done about 500 sit-ups! Once I've had my dinner all I want to do is lie on the couch with a warm water bottle (I'm avoiding hot ones now that I've had my bfp - gonna ask the FS on Friday about it) My back aches too in the evening and feel bloated. Strangely enough the cramping isn't worrying me at all - I just keep imagining everything stretching to make room for the :baby:! I get more worried if I haven't had a twinge in a while...!:haha:

I was reading the caffeine section in What to Expect When You're Expecting (from now on I'm just going to call it WTEWYE!) and it said most doctors consider 200mg of caffeine per day to be safe during pregnancy and then it had a handy list so you can figure out what you're intake is...

1 cup brewed coffee (8 ounces) = 135 mg
1 cup instant coffee = 95 mg
1 cup decaf coffee = 5 mg
6 ounces caffe latte or cappuccino = 90 mg
1 ounce espresso = 90 mg
1 cup tea = 40 to 60 mg (green tea has less caffeine than black tea)
1 can of cola (12 ounces) = about 35 mg caffeine
1 can of diet cola = 45 mg
1 ounce milk chocolate = 6 mg
1 ounce dark chocolate = 20 mg
1 cup chocolate milk = 5 mg
8 ounces coffee ice cream = 40 to 80 mg

Looks like a bit of milk chocolate is fairly safe! The amount of caffeine in tea surprised me - although I've already switched to decaf and finding it fine.

Girls, if any of you have ereaders pm me your email addresses and I can email ye my stash of pregnancy/baby books. I haven't looked at all the ones I downloaded yet but there's definitely one r two good ones in the collection....

Gonna get up and poas now!:rofl:

Edit: Well, still pregnant!! Line is getting lovely and dark - I'd say it'll be as dark as the test line tomorrow or the next day! :thumbup:

Loving the new tickers Lulu!!! When do we change to something other than poppy seeds?!

Edit: My 'What to Expect' app says baby is the size of an orange seed today! :D

Ok ladies, gotta go to work now *sigh* Anyone else finding work impossible at the moment?! Can't concentrate at all!! Although I'm going on a class trip with the kids to a quite famous Irish cookery school today so we'll be cooking and baking all day - should be fun! Very glad nausea hasn't set in yet!! Talk to ye later!

Thanks Broody!! I think this ticker is more accurate. There's no way the baby could be the size of an orange seed yet. The docs would be able to do an ultrasound this early and be able to see the baby. Maybe the the baby along with the sac are the size of an orange seed. My what to expect app is giving me a poppyseed as well but I don't know about what the 4th week will say. Congrats on the darker lines!!

raeylnn-congrats on the great beta!!

I am so nervous, go in for my second beta tomorrow!!

missbroody-I teach pre-k and I am so not in the mood to work at all this week, idk what it is!! ughh!!! lol

oh, I finally managed to gain almost a pound, yippee!! It just took a few days to kick in I think after eating lots! lol

I gained a pound too almostthere! Must have been the stoffer's mac and cheese I ate for lunch! Good luck with the 2nd beta!

Christie - I live in Charlotte, NC. I had pretty bad back pains on Saturday - we had to leave Target as it was bothering me so much and I just wanted to lay down on the couch.

Raelynn - Excellent 1st Beta!

Broody - My hubby's family came from Cork! I am a Polish girl with an O' name! Yeaaaahhh for chocolate! Great job on a darker line too. I don't have an e-reader.

Well, I already went into the RE office and gave my blood. Should hear back today. Really hoping for good numbers! I feel like I don't have many symptoms for turning 5 weeks today - but I guess it's still early... I was super emotional last night - I started crying bc I burnt dinner. :haha:

Good Morning ladies :)

I live in Palisades Park, NJ....I can't wait for my first u/s on Sunday...so close yet still far away...lol...

Raelynn.....great first beta! Congrats!!!

Can I join you?

DH: 24
TTC since: August/September 2012
First BFP: Very faint at 9dpo, 2 faint positives at 11dpo and a clear positive at 12dpo.
EDD: June 2nd
Symptoms so far: Excessive bloating, nausea, mild vomiting, increases sense of smell, moodiness, bad back pain, pulling/pinching type cramps, tiredness, achy, dry skin, food craving and aversions, going from increased apatite no almost no apatite tender breasts, sore nipples, right breast leaking a little milk, and heartburn. I am actually a little shocked at how bad I felt/feel so early on this time.
First scan: Not sure yet but end of November I think.

Hi Omi!!:hi:
Welcome! I've added you to the first page! Wow, you were really lucky to get your bfp so fast!! Your dh must have some super swimmers!:winkwink: Sorry you're feeling miserable but it'll be worth it in the end! Did you feel like this with your first?

Snowflakes - its a small world!! How long ago did your dh's family move over?

Prayin - wow, you're having a super early scan! That'll be so exciting! Make sure to get a photo to start off our collection:D

Almost - good luck with beta #2 tomor!

Lulu - when is your beta again? I've a head like a sieve!:dohh:

New Member!!! (Thanks Getting for the invite :) )

Intended Parents: 39 & 56
TTC since: Surro-baby!!!!
First BFP: Today!!! 5dp5dt (10dpo)
EDD: June 9th
Symptoms so far: Tiredness, and gassy :haha: Also been getting weird uterine twinges? o.o
First scan: Not sure yet, 1st Beta is Oct. 4th

Girls - I beyond mad at my RE right now. I don't know what to do. So I had my Beta's/P4's done. My HCG was 5,892. Yippee. However, my P4 was 20. It was 30 last Monday, 29 last Wed, and 26 on Fri. It is consistently going down. She doesn't think there is anything wrong with that. She doesn't want to do anything about it. I am pissed. I will loose this baby if they keeps going down. At what point does she think it is a reason for concern when I start bleeding???!!! I have read online that 20 is the minimum to sustain a pregnancy. I want to cry. I would rather be safe than sorry and supplement more. So the nurse is going to talk to the RE and call me back - I am so mad.

Hi Omi!!:hi:
Welcome! I've added you to the first page! Wow, you were really lucky to get your bfp so fast!! Your dh must have some super swimmers!:winkwink: Sorry you're feeling miserable but it'll be worth it in the end! Did you feel like this with your first?...

My husband thinks so. :haha: It is actually my 4th time getting pregnant (MMC, MC, pregnancy with DS and this time) and every time it happened in the first month of trying.

I had very bad 'morning' sickness with my son and could not keep any food down, thankfully could water though, until into the 4th month. But I do not remember it starting so early and I did not really have other symptoms other than that and bloating.

Girls - I beyond mad at my RE right now. I don't know what to do. So I had my Beta's/P4's done. My HCG was 5,892. Yippee. However, my P4 was 20. It was 30 last Monday, 29 last Wed, and 26 on Fri. It is consistently going down. She doesn't think there is anything wrong with that. She doesn't want to do anything about it. I am pissed. I will loose this baby if they keeps going down. At what point does she think it is a reason for concern when I start bleeding???!!! I have read online that 20 is the minimum to sustain a pregnancy. I want to cry. I would rather be safe than sorry and supplement more. So the nurse is going to talk to the RE and call me back - I am so mad.

That...... is beyond ridiculous! I would for sure tell them you feel you need to supplement more! I can't see why they would let you keep decreasing in the first place. :growlmad:

Sorry you're so worried Snowflakes... :hugs: Is the P4 your progesterone level? We don't do any bloodwork here - just poas, phone in the results and book in for a scan. I really hope your FS gets back to you soon to put your mind at ease. On the plus side - amazing beta!!! What was your first one again?

Omi - hope the ms stays away this time!

Snowflakes - would you consider contacting your regular gp and see if he/she will write you a prescription for more supplements? When did you stop yours? (or were you ever on them?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->