Summer Sensations! (due May/June 2013)

My doctor feels I am past the risk of developing OHSS, so I have been approved to stop PIO and start endometrin!

2nd beta tomorrow to ensure the poppyseed is progressing. I'm hoping the doctor will schedule a scan after my numbers show an increase.

Almost and Christie - Looks like there will be a few of us going in for betas tomorrow. I go in for #2 tomorrow as well. Good luck! Hopefully we see some good doubling numbers!

Snowflakes - Hopefully your RE gets things sorted out and gives you some kind of progesterone support

Christie - Props to you for doing the PIO. I was so scared I'd have to do that after IVF or IUI but my clinic starts you right on the suppositories instead. Those needles scared me! The IVF trigger almost gave me a panic attack but I didn't even feel it. Just looking at that thing was scary enough. I was on 400mg of prometrium this time but I ran out and asked if I could use my leftover edometrin from my miscarriage since I had 3 boxes still and they gave me the ok. I'm just a little nervous because it takes me down to 300mg instead of 400mg.

Hi ladies.....

Today for me at work was not fun! I wanted oranges so I went out and bought some....I then saw some cheese and wanted that...so I went ahead an bought that too....wellllllll one piece of cheese and cracker in and I was so sick to my stomach I couldn't eat...I couldn't even take the smell of anyone's food around me....LOL...I mean I know it's from my little bean growing but all I wanted to do today was eat something and I guess the bean had other things in mind! hahahaha...needless to say I am starving but once I smell something I get sick! ughhhhh!

Poor Prayin! I find it fascinating that something so tiny can cause us so much pain/sickness already!!! Definitely worth it though!

Afm, I've spent the evening reading checklists online of things to buy before your baby arrives! I can't wait to start shopping! Gonna try and buy a few things every month so it doesn't all pile up at the end. Might wait til after the 6 week scan to start though! (if I can!:haha:)

Have ye thought about whether ye'll find out the sex of the baby/babies yet? I always thought I wouldn't want to know but now I'm not sure...:blush:

I thought I'd like to be surprised but hubby is set on knowing ahead of time so I'm pretty sure we'll find out. Plus then you can get gender specific stuff. I'm sure if I didn't know ahead of time and had all neutral stuff I'd be out shopping again after baby was born.

Yay for betas tomorrow!! I am hoping my numbers have more than doubled since it will have been 6 days since my last!! I POAS tonight to see if my cheapie line got darker and it did so that should hold me over until tomorrows beta results!! Will be listening to them on my work break for sure! LOL.

I am not naseaus really, although could not eat peas my mom made for dinner, ick!!! Must have been the muchy texture than got to me. I have been eating LOTS. I read it is healthy in the 1st tri to gain a pound a month! So I think I covered month 1 already!! LOL.

Christie, yay for stopping PIO!

Question-for your ladies betas, do you have to go during a certain time in the AM? I have to wake up super early since I commute to work and get my blood drawn, then go home, then to work. BUT, totally worth sleep loss to get my blood taken for baby!

Poor Prayin! I find it fascinating that something so tiny can cause us so much pain/sickness already!!! Definitely worth it though!

Afm, I've spent the evening reading checklists online of things to buy before your baby arrives! I can't wait to start shopping! Gonna try and buy a few things every month so it doesn't all pile up at the end. Might wait til after the 6 week scan to start though! (if I can!:haha:)

Have ye thought about whether ye'll find out the sex of the baby/babies yet? I always thought I wouldn't want to know but now I'm not sure...:blush:

I had two transferred. A boy and girl....but not sure if both took....if I have only one beautiful embie I will most certainly will find out the sex.... I wouldnt be able to wait! Lol....and if I do have only one now I will be going back to put two more of the opposite sex in ;-)

I am dying to shop already so I want to find out the sex, but at the same time, it may not be practical for me to shop like crazy so early on, so I feel like I should force myself to wait til the scan.

Yeah! My clinic does beta testing/monitoring for IUI/IVF from 7-9am or something like that so I'm pretty used to the early schedule since I did it first for IVF monitoring, then betas, then IUI, and betas again. I start work at 8am so I have to go in as soon as possible to make it back in time through traffic. I normally get up at 6am so I'm at the clinic a little before 7am and can get in right away.

ohh goodness, I don't work until 9:15 am, so with my commute, I have to be in the FS office by 7:30/7:45, so not as bad...but it is soo worth it, I can't wait for tomorrow!!! Tomorrow also marks (prob. lots of ours since we are all so close in due dates!!) our TWW until our first US yay!

My clinic does early too. I'm up by 5:30 every day, I try to get to the clinic right at 7 so I can get in and out quickly. I'm about an hour late to work on those days.

I had been prescribed endometrin to begin with and was supposed to be on the suppositories after ER, but when I ended up with over 30 eggs they put me on PIO to help ward off OHSS. Since I'm out of my PIO and still have the endometrin, I asked my doctor if I could switch. She agreed it was OK. I'm glad I'm not wasting all of that prescription. But I do still have 3 full boxes (63 doses). I"m still on estrace. Has anyone been told when they should be able to stop all meds or what numbers they are looking for before having you stop?

Hope you all are getting your omega-3 and folic acid. Babies are starting development of their lil brains and spinal columns!

Can I join?

DH: 24
Ttc since: Sept 2011
First bfp yesterday at 9dpo and getting darker today
EDD: June 9th
Symptoms so far: cramps, , vivid dreams, achy legs, knee pain, bad morning sickness, diarrhea
Setting up first OB appointment early next week

Hi ArmyMama! :hi: You can definitely join us - I'll add your name to the front page :D Looking forward to getting to know you!

Raelynn - meant to say yesterday that I'm sure you'll be perfectly fine switching to the lower dose. I totally understand why you're nervous though :hugs: I agree about the shopping thing - buying gender neutral stuff just means we'll probably end up buying twice as much in the long run!!

Almost - good luck today!!!

Christie - my clinic hasn't said anything about stopping meds but then they don't actually know I'm pregnant yet!! :haha: I think I have about 5 days of pessaries left - don't like the thought of stopping them, they're quite reassuring to take! I've switched from Pregnacare Conception to the the Pregnancy supplements but haven't got omega-3s yet. Must go get some!

Snowflakes - any update? Did your nurse ring you back?

Afm, awake super early again this morning... Woke at about 530 and I don't need to get up until 730!:dohh: Hope this won't continue for 9 months! Have an acu session today after work - looking forward to telling him the good news!:D

We do not get betas tested here in the UK so I know nothing about them.

Wow, PRAYIN4BABIES, you have a chance of twins then. I am jealous I would love twins.

We will not stars buying until after the 12 week scan and we will get the biggest stuff after the 20 week scan.

My husband is finding out the gender but I am not. He is going to say both he and she so that I never know if he slips up by mistake. I am going to make a list of boys and girls clothes and he is going to buy the right ones and hide them.

Almost - I see you have an appleseed today! I'm exited to see my ticker change tomorrow.

Om - I hope your husband can keep up with the he/she talk and I hope he hides the clothes well from you :) That sounds like a fun way to shop for gender specific items and to be surprised at the same time!

thanks for the good lucks ladies! I will update my siggy with my beta afetr work tonight!!!

christie-wow I know it is my 5 week mark, but did not notice my appleseed-baby is growing, yay!!

wlecome army mama-are those twins in your photo? so cute!

My RE office has open hours from 6am -8am. That is when I did most of my cycle monitoring. It is also when I go for my Betas and will be getting an early ultrasound on Monday then. We def plan on knowing the sex. I am too much of a planner in life not to know!!

So I spoke to the RE. Here is what she said. Since I am taking them vaginally that the supplements I am taking (Prometrium) will not show up on the blood tests. I haven't heard this but I am sure she knows what she's talking about. She also said that the blood test is only testing what I am producing. She said if I was to take it orally it would show on the bloods but it is much less effective when taken orally.

She did say the levels fluctuate through out the day. I honestly just want them to be steady and not dropping. I don't understand why my body isn't making enough of it's own right now. That is what makes me nervous. She told me I could take an extra 200mg if I want to and I'm going to. She doesn't think it will help but I am going to do it anyways. She feels if my levels keep dropping and I miscarry then there was nothing they could do to prevent it. I'm not too sure how to take that statement.

I had Acupuncture last night and it really helped me calm down.

Wow snowflakes, I didn't know that taking them vaginally didn't show on the tests either. I haven't been told my progesterone levels but that is good to know!

thanks for the good lucks ladies! I will update my siggy with my beta afetr work tonight!!!

christie-wow I know it is my 5 week mark, but did not notice my appleseed-baby is growing, yay!!

wlecome army mama-are those twins in your photo? so cute!

LOL No they aren't twins.They just both look like their Mexican daddy. Those are my first two. My son is no longer with us. He passed away last October at 17 months. My daughter (who is still with us) was born the day before his first birthday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->