Summer Sensations! (due May/June 2013)

No Doubt - well, technically she can stand she's just not allowed to, lol! The muscles you need for standing are quite well-developed now because she's been here for so long but she needs to spend lots of time in sitting/crouched/curled positions to develop the other muscles to avoid any kind of muscle imbalance... Sounds like Virtue is doing really well!! Fia is really vocal too - laughs and talks all day long!

Two - they haven't said anything about when we can allow her to stand but we go back to the physio in Feb... So glad to hear that Jasper is doing better! Yay for having a full bottle :thumbup: How have you been coping with everything? I'm sure it hasn't been easy :hugs:

Christie - I'm sure ye'll get into a nice routine soon! It'll be great for you to have an extra pair of hands you can call on if you really need to too!

Can't believe how quickly our los are growing up!!

Saw these articles on another forum about winter coats and car seats - very interesting...

https://www.consumerreports.org/cro...ts-keeping-your-child-safe-and-warm/index.htm

https://thestir.cafemom.com/baby/149235/the_important_winter_car_seat

Two - So glad to hear Jasper is gaining some weight.

Fia is just amazing. She has done so well.

Virtue and Leo sound a lot like. They would probably make good friends. For now Leo has to take beatings from his older brother, but soon it'll be the other way around. Leo has surpassed Nicholas in weight this week.

Has anyone else's LO decided to sleep less at night recently? Leo seems to be getting up every 1.5-2 hours. Which is the same length of his naps during the day as well. Most times he will go right back to sleep after a quick feed, but I could use more than 1.5 of sleep at a stretch.

Leo is so round that I call him my pumpkin head, so he is going to be a pumpkin for Halloween. I can't stand how cute he is when he puts on his costume. I just wanted to eat him up yesterday!

Attachments

• pumpkin1.JPG
    pumpkin1.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 2
  • pumpkin2.JPG
    pumpkin2.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 2
  • pumpkin3.JPG
    pumpkin3.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 2
Those pics are just too cute!! Fia is also back to night feedings and hard to settle at bedtime... Apparently 4 month sleep regression is very common unfortunately. Hopefully we'll come out the other side soon!

Oh, hey, ladies! Sebastian says hi!

1175684_10104982731428164_681561802_n.jpg

557938_10105129005369014_1979601030_n.jpg

1238152_10105172392246364_547288343_n.jpg

1395912_10105312210913634_693531913_n.jpg

Those pics are all just too cute! Virtue had his first "school pics" at 3 months at the daycare...too cute! Virtue isn't waking like that, but ever since he went into his crib he wanted to wake every 3 hours so kind of like once in the middle of the night. But now he only wakes anywhere from 2-4 and then goes back to sleep until 8ish. So I don't think it's as bad for us and I think his was more related to his transition to the crib than him wanting to be awake. The every three hour thing only lasted a week or so.

Walker - :hi: He is so cute!! How are you?

NoDoubt - our night wakings aren't too bad either. Usually just once (but she used to sttn...) It's the being hard to settle at bedtime that's difficult here. Any day now....!

The pictures are just too cute!

Two - Jasper sounds just like Haylee. She's long and skinny too. She's just over 13 lbs and 25 inches now. We just moved into 3-6 month clothes for the length. She's too skinny for most of the pants though and they fall down.

Haylee is rolling and sitting supported. She's working on sitting on her own, she pulls herself up but only holds it for a couple minutes before tipping over. She's also a crazy awesome sleeper. She sleeps 11-12 hours every night and has since probably around 2 months. We're very lucky. If she does wake, we just go pop a pacifier in and she goes right back to sleep.

She's just started on oatmeal cereal the last couple of weeks and loves it. She tries to help and sticks her hands in the bowl and her mouth which just makes a mess but she's too cute. She also knows she has a voice now and squeals a lot! And the giggling...ugh it's too cute! Being a mom is a ton of work but so amazing! We also visited a corn maze and the pumpkin patch this month which was a lot of fun!

Aw, he's adorable!!

Here's our little skeleton-witch!!

https://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q571/derialc/060ce3ec522eb5873e36c48eb1ab348a_zps18d0ce21.jpg

https://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q571/derialc/2bf062175871da351cc60dcbf5e7549b_zps95367c1a.jpg

Sebatian has great eyes!

Costumed babies are so cute!

Nicholas was going to be Mickey Mouse, but I waited too long to order his costume and there weren't any in stores around here that I liked, so he was a lion.

He was a skeleton last year at all of 21 days old. I think Fia makes a better skeleton/witch than he did a skeleton though.

Next year should be fun with the boys, they'll be able to get out there and actually go to a few doors and join the other costumed kids. This year, Leo just wanted to sleep and Nick was a bit cranky.

Attachments

• lion.jpg
    lion.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 2
Wow all your babies look so gorgeous and are growing so fast. You must all be so proud.

Its has been a hard road with Jasper but he has come such a long way. In the last week he as gone from 4 part bottle's to now 6 a day and 3 solid feeds. He is also a good sleeper, I feed him at 4pm, then bath, play time and falls asleep between 5.30 and 6pm and wakes anywhere between 5 and 6.30am. He has woken a couple of times before in the night but I try not to feed now him or it will become a habbit. He sleeps every two hours during the day to.

Hope you are all well.x

Attachments

• IMG_20131112_100545.jpg
    IMG_20131112_100545.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20131112_095932.jpg
    IMG_20131112_095932.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 4
Aww...Jasper is so cute! He looks like a happy baby and his eyes are so deep. Glad things are going better with him!

We did Christmas pics the other and here are couple. I think him reading the newspaper is my favorite!

Attachments

• mail (4).jpg
    mail (4).jpg
    8 KB · Views: 5
  • mail (5).jpg
    mail (5).jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 2
They are both so gorgeous!! So delighted Jasper is doing well Two, what a fighter!! :D

No Doubt - I love that newspaper reading one too. So cute!

I can't wait to do our Christmas pictures. We're going to see Santa soon!

Here's our little Haylee. She was a mouse for Halloween. She's still sleeping about 11-12 hours at night. We have a pretty good routine going. She has 2 30 min naps and one 1 hour nap during the day. Have you all started planning for Christmas yet? I'm so excited for another first for her! We're trying not to go too crazy with presents since she is the first grandchild on both sides so she'll probably get spoiled by her grandparents.

Attachments

• Haylee2.jpg
    Haylee2.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Haylee1.jpg
    Haylee1.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 5
Awww, LOs look like such little people already, so cute.

I'm so glad to hear Jasper is doing well. Both my boys are teething right now. I can see Leo's bottom front teeth, though they haven't broken through yet. They don't seem to be bothering him too much, though he will chew on anything right now. And poor Nicholas. His bottom gums are swollen from his first year molars. I've read molars can be particularly painful because they are so much bigger. My 5 year old niece just got her 6 year molars a few weeks ago and they bothered her so much she would only eat soft foods for a week.

I tried to take my boys for professional pictures, but it didn't work out. There was too much waiting, even though we had an appt, and the studio got too hot. They were miserable by time we finally got called. I will either use an independent photographer next time or just take pictures myself when I know they are in a good mood. Never will I go to an in store/mall photography place again.

Morning ladies!
Hard to believe it's almost been six months since we had our little ones! They are getting so big:thumbup:
Here's one of my little Alex sitting in the shopping cart at the grocery store.

Attachments

• 1426176_3653032141947_1544495150_n.jpg
    1426176_3653032141947_1544495150_n.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 2
Sorry the pics didn't work out Christie. We had an appt too and there was a small wait time of around 20mins, there were people who were waiting longer. The place was packed though. Luckily I had fed Virtue and he napped in the car on the way there so he was good to go. He started to get a bit cranky at the end, but we finished just in time cause as soon as we sat down to look over the pics he started putting up a good fit. By this point he was hungry and sleepy.

Virtues two bottom front teeth are right on the cusp. They don't seem to bother him either, but he's chewing on any and everything right now too. I hate that he chews his clothes cause then they get all stretched out. When I try to tell him no and take it out of his mouth he immediately tries to chew my clothes if he's close enough. If not he tries to chew my finger. When we took the newspaper pic he tried to chew that, lol. He's constantly sticking his entire hand in his mouth and chewing that. He attempts his thumb, but it's like he hasn't figured out that how mouth is connected to his face so he's constantly punching himself in the face to find his mouth, lol. Its cute! Then he does find it and finds satisfaction then moves his hand cause he doesn't realize its his thumb which is connected to his hand, and he looks surprised like he doesn't know what happened to that thing that was just in his mouth, lol. Babies are funny.

Gorgeous pictures!!!

Jaspers bottom teeth started to come through just before three months but they have gone down come back and gone down again.. he isnt having much fun with it as well. Hopefully the next time they decide to stay.

We are off to the mall this weekend to take Jasper to see santa and get his first christmas pictures, I am hoping the christmas suit my mum is posting arrives before the weekend so he can wear it.

Haylee is a good sleep with lots of wake time in the day, Jasper spends all his awake time on his tummy trying to crawl and last week for just over a hour each time before he falls asleep. he naps about 4 to 5 times a day. I think he wall crawl before he walks to be honest. All doctors that have seen him say he has a big head so i wonder if that can put him off balance from sitting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->