Summer Sensations! (due May/June 2013)

MissA I am the same as Jess and I am sure they are pretty safe so I say go for it!!!

And thanks ladies, I guess after been up every couple of hours every night since been pregnant it just didnt feel right not to have that feeling of needing to pee but I have my spec appointment on Tuesday and will find out about last weeks scan and what the plan is from here + I should get to hear the heart beat so cant wait for that!!

sounds fun miss a! If you are concerned, ask your ob doctor!! =)

rae-congrats on spilling the beans! Now that I have the past 3 days I just want to keep on telling the entire world!! LOL

2-I only have to wake up in the middle of the night to pee like every other night kind of, so I would not worry too much!

Bleh, I got a letter in the post today. I have to see a Counsellor next week. My MW is scared I'm getting Antenatal Depression and has referred me for a few sessions with the Counsellor :hissy:

I'm not happy but I think I sort of agree with her. The sickness, worries and previous miscarriages and all the other million pregnancy complications are getting me down a lot so I guess she might have a point here. I just don't know what to expect during that appointment. I've never really had any.. anxiety or depression problems :-k

Oh Jess it just dont seem to get better for you.. I have had councilling for anxiety and mild depression before and its not that bad if you dont mind talking and I hope that it helps you

Jess I've had counseling for anxiety, I have ocd, and I was a bit depressed at the time. It really helped. I was actually on meds for anxiety cause of the ocd, but haven't had to take them in years. I think the counseling may be a good idea. My first session was pretty much filling out a questionnaire type thing about myself to give her deeper insight about me. Not sure if that's the normal for everyone or every situation. Hope you enjoy it though.

I just don't know what to expect. It's a 2hr session! :wacko: My OH wants me to go. He thinks it's a very good idea :shrug:

Having to go makes me feel a bit.. useless, weak? I don't know. I have very mixed feelings about this. I see where she's coming from though, she seen me during previous pregnancies and after previous miscarriages and I was never as low as I am now. I just wish all this would go away and I could enjoy my pregnancy. I think I would be fine if it wasn't for not being able to leave the house because I faint and throw up everywhere, for having to practically live in the hospital.. The session is on Monday afternoon so we'll see :shrug:

Jess :hugs: It's just one thing after another for you isn't it? Please don't feel bad - lots of people go for counselling for all sorts of things. Given what a rough time you've been it's perfectly naturally that you'd be feeling down... I hope you find the session beneficial (and are feeling well enough during it to be able to take part!)

As for peeing, even throughout the whole first tri I rarely had to get up to pee in the middle of the night! Odd!

Lucky you broody, still getting up over here, lol.

Jess, I know what you mean. When my doc recommended counseling I thought she was nuts. Then I thought I was nuts cause I was the one that had to go. But it's really not like what they make on tv and in the movies. I thought of it as like talking to a friend who's much more experienced in the helping a friend department. You're not weak though. It takes a lot of strength actually to go to counseling, especially when your view of it isn't great. I hope it pans out well for you hun.

So, I had some wool left over from the blanket and decided to try making a little cardigan. Just finished it last night....

https://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q571/derialc/D73C9A75-4E4F-4AC6-90E9-7C51EAB0E49C-7720-000009FE99472F94_zps02b2212e.jpg

I'm so happy with how it turned out and I only started it last Sunday!! It was sooooo much faster than the blanket! Need to buy some buttons for it and iron the collar so it'll stay down. Apparently it's 3-6 months (I'm rubbish at judging these things! :dohh:) so it should be perfect for when the summer is over and it gets cooler (not that we get hot summers in Ireland anyway!! :haha:) Now, what'll I make next......?!!! This is turning into a bit of an addiction!! :blush:

Omg broody that is just too cute and its unisex! I really have to look into this now. I now once I start I will go absolutely bizurk with it and make a bunch of stuff, lol. That came out so nice. You just gave me an idea to buy a glider and then make the cover myself to match the room! Just darling!

getting-that is very cute!

jess it can't hurt, go not only for you, but for baby too! GL <3

Getting - That is super cute! I'm still working on my blanket...it is a long process since I'm knitting with just a regular knit stitch because I'm using fluffy yarn. Hopefully it'll turn out as cute as your stuff!

Hey ladies! Sorry I haven't checked in. Y'all were busy chatting. Had my MIL and her fiance here for the Holiday. Had to disinfect majorly this AM. Fiance developed a cold last night but left early this morning. Soooo do NOT want it!! I still have yet to get a flu shot. Still not sure what to do. Have any of you guys gotten it or are you not getting it? Would love some opinions...

Great scan pic!

I have had some serious restless legs syndrome for like 3-4 weeks now. It has been horrible. It was really bad the other day. I wake up frequently throughout the night from that.

I decided against the flu shot. I do every year. Never had one, but I'm also not a person to really get sick where I currently live. Believe it or not me living in different parts of the US, my body has adjusted. I would get the flu every year in MN, but in PA I catch a summer cold. The winters are kind to me. My endo recommended it, but I declined. My mw didn't seem to concerned when I said I didn't want one.

OAN I put my tree up and decorated the outside of my home! So excited! Here is my tree!

Attachments

• Tree.jpg
    Tree.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 3
Thanks girls. I will go to the counselling session because well.. I thought about it and I really should. I am really nervous about going though :wacko: Will see what happens tomorrow I guess :shrug:

Getting, that is so bloody cute!! Is this the first cardigan you made? :D

NoDoubt, lovely christmas tree! :)

As for the flu shot - I had mine on Friday, my MW bugged me about it a little since I do get sick at least twice a year and at the moment, my immune system isn't doing very well!

I am SO ANNOYED at the hospital too, because I had to get a vitamin drip on Friday along with getting a bit more hydrated I had to have another cannula put in by a completely different doctor that I usually see.. She was horrible.. anyway because I had the flu shot in my left arm, she couldn't use the arm/hand on that side.. she also couldn't use my arm on my right side because my MW took some bloods from there and the area was still bleeding so she had to do it in my hand! OMG. I thought I was gonna cry when she was attempting it! She stabbed me in a few different places on my hand and couldn't get the cannula in properly, she finally got it on my wrist after stabbing me around with that huge needle for about 10 minutes. Today my hand looks terrrrriiible! I have scabs all over my hand and it's so bruised!! In the end, she also put it in wrong on my wrist and I had to have it moved about a little bit. Now I seem to have a 3mm hole in my wrist with a huge scab over it. I'm not impressed. It hurts like hell too. Stupid woman! Next time, I'm gonna DEMAND my OB does it instead. Blah.

Sorry to hear about what happen Jess. I sort of have a fear of cannula's so that story really sent a shiver down my spine. :blush:

Beautiful tree No Doubt! We are doing ours next weekend! I can't wait - I LOVE Christmas!!

My baby won't even be here until the end of May and I'm already freaking out about having to work and put her/him in day care. I don't know how in the world I'll be able to do that after a couple of months! Anyone else worried about this already? How in the world did people used to get by on one salary??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->