Sun and Bump????

Laura1984

Ruby's Mummy
Reaction score
Am i allowed to lie out in a bikini with suncream? Not going to over do it, but just want to relax for a few hours with my OH xxx

I sure hope so cause I am going to be spending lots of time at the beach!

Make sure you drink loads of water and dont get burnt. I think the only risk with sun is getting heat stroke or getting dehydrated.

Think as long as you don´t burn your bump (sounds painful) you´ll be ok. Not sure why!!! Might get hot in there for LO!

oh jesus i was sunbathin today (without sun cream) ooops! no wonder bump felt like i was boilin him in a pan or summit haha, hope hes ok in there!! xx

I would think that it's fine as long as you don't raise your body temperature too much, wear sunscreen, and make sure to stay hydrated

dunno if its different.. but im sure it says your not allowed to take too hot a bath during pregnancy? so surely sunbathing is out the question :?

Oooo just looked it up, here's the risks

Exposure to the sun can increase the core temperature of the pregnant woman, this in turn can elevate the temperature of the fetus, which can cause brain damage if raised high enough or long enough.

While pregnant the hormones, mainly estrogen, in your body actually can increase the risk of chloasma or mask of pregnancy when exposed to the sun. These darkened spots, usually on the forehead and across the nose, may or may not retreat after pregnancy.

Despite years of research and warning millions of people all over the world are dedicated sun worshippers. For many pregnancy will not change this. Taking precautions and understanding the risks is very important. The biggest of these precautions is drinking enough water and minimizing exposure to prevent overheating and using the proper sun screen to minimize damage to your skin. [from about.com]

:rofl: I got a nice rash all over my face out in the sun today.

got a mag today and it had a list of dos and dont....
It was now- mum and baby!!

Its says
DO sunbathe (but be careful)
Experts warn that pregnant women have extra-sensitive skin...
Dr Harper says that "a little bit of sun is fine. Vitamin D from the sun is good for you. pregnant women should take extra precautions wear plenty of cream and limit the time actually sunbathing".... then goes on to say "but then so should everybody"

I live in Florida and Im at the pool everyday. Got a lil cooked in the beginning, but Im lovin my tan at this point!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->